Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
everyflake that falls will be very dry and will instantly stick....

Every flake being about 6 looking at the charts !

Posted
Looks like the only white stuff in the NE England we will see is frost :lol:

Them showers in the North sea ARE heading in a NNE-SSW direction but once its comes closer to the uk theu head back out due to the light Westley wind. Very frustrating because the summer was cr*p and now looks like the winter going to be cr*p. Our chance may come tomorrow but i will not bank on it.

Come and join us, in our snow-shielding domes.

Posted

Look!!!

Drum_5.jpg

Record hail stones in Scotland.

Posted

http://www.trafficscotland.org/views/delay/Ord__5.jpg

snow at low ground on the east coast of scotland PP, you may get sum just yet! :lol: I reckon them beefy showers in the north sea are guna start feeding in soon!

Edit: thats helmsdale by the way...

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Love the sig PP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
My barometer now says -1c but i think it should be -2c.

About the same here too.

Dont you mean thermometer. lol

Edited by James M

Posted
yep, i feel so happy that we should get the best for once or certainly one of the Best!

6 inches is about:

About that much i think! Perhaps a little less.

According to Charlie on Central weather i should get my snow at 6am and tom f123 you should get yours at about 7/8am and then we will have snow for most of the day! Better not turn to rain at the very end of the day!

Your graphical representation isnt resolution independant. Next time i suggest a series of them matched to the varying members screen resolutions

Edited by CatchMyDrift
There you go, a virtual 6 inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
suffolkboy, how much snow did you end up getting?

Amazing to think I'm just about 50 miles SSW and I had great sunshine throughout the day!

certainly if some of that snowcover is still there then your gonig to have a bitter old night, your idea may not be far wrong though if ther eis any breeze from the north then it may limit the temps a touch but don't be suprised if the temps drop like a stone for you.

Even where there hasn't been snow-fall with a cold airmass and clear skies for most I think tonight will be very cold -4/5/6's very likely to be quite widespread I reckon.

Well my official amount was 5.5cm, so just over 2 inches, ye, even more amazing is that only 4 miles up the road the is only a sprinkling of snow, i was right of the western edge of the shower, but it was the heaviest part of it!

Alarms galore upstairs from my Davis Weather Station, now dropped to -5.2C, amazing how the temperature plummets over snow fields!

Posted
http://www.trafficscotland.org/views/delay/Ord__5.jpg

snow at low ground on the east coast of scotland PP, you may get sum just yet! ;) I reckon them beefy showers in the north sea are guna start feeding in soon!

Edit: thats helmsdale by the way...

Sadly i'm not as confident as you are but unless the wind swings more NNE then forget about them showers. A N wind won't be too bad but not ideal.

Yes i'll join your snow dome PP. Should make a thunderstorms one 2 in the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Look!!!

Drum_5.jpg

Record hail stones in Scotland.

I cant see it, it just says Remote linking blocked.

Posted

Only rain here in Aberdeen - falling onto the start of a ground frost. Been beautifully sunny all day apart from the snow showers this morning. Lost the light covering of snow we had from last night tho'.

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted

I saw snow today on the way to Felixstowe, Whiteout, but only snowgrains, pretty impressive though considering we weren't supposed to get anything. You could actually see the snow falling in the distance, it looked like a wathe of fog coming towars us

Posted
Only rain here in Aberdeen - falling onto the start of a ground frost. Been beautifuuly sunny all day apart from the snow showers this morning. Lost the light covering of snow we had from last night tho'.

Are you sure????

Yet its been snowing in parts of coastal Norfolk???

The world is ending.

;)

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
For your information the West Midlands rarely gets snow. Snow from the east rarely gets here and snow in wales always stays in wales mainly and you up north do way better.

I was thinking that too actually!! We usually get a sorry excuse of 1/2cm of snow here that's usually disappears as it hits the ground, hoping the next event this week pays off a little!

Posted

Have to say Mr Bickerdike is dead right.Carlisle has to be in the biggest snow basin there is.Only problem is all the snow falls around the basin and not actually in it!!!!!.Oh well we may get some from the weekends setup.Thursday dont look too good for here,surprisingly enough.

Posted

I think the low pressure forecast was right as my digital readout now says 993...unless it's on the blink...temp reading here in Beverley is now 0.2 Deg c.

Edit...it's o.1 Deg c. ;)

Edited by surfersparks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

hi my names andrew im 16 and live in the North East and looking to join a snow shielding dome?

Posted
I was thinking that too actually!! We usually get a sorry excuse of 1/2cm of snow here that's usually disappears as it hits the ground, hoping the next event this week pays off a little!

What depth you gonna go for our area then?

Posted
Sure I'm sure - it was wet and fell from the sky and made a plopping noise when it landed. Plus the radar says it's rain too.

Well, its a marginal event and there happens to be a slightly warmer lobe of 850hpa level air above you. Coastal warming effects are probably likely to be involved too.

To be honest....the 'even larger teapot' has proved itself that we will never get snow like we used to in the 80's (or even early 1990's) up here in the north. Now it seems, even one 10cm event on the ground at lower-levels is a massive achievement.

I hope the people in the south enjoy there transient dusting of snow; before it melts back into oblivion and WIB's atlantic comes crashing in like a randy elephant in must; spilling its seed of mild zonality all over our idignant faces.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
What depth you gonna go for our area then?

Your snow shield dome looks very warm and cosy, may i join u?

Posted
Sure I'm sure - it was wet and fell from the sky and made a plopping noise when it landed. Plus the radar says it's rain too.

Yes rain showers at the moment,which suprised me although there are snow showers behind,so should give a covering for you by morning. ;)

Nice clump of showers heading for north-east england,although agonisingly slow progress.

Posted
Yes rain showers at the moment,which suprised me although there are snow showers behind,so should give a covering for you by morning. ;)

Nice clump of showers heading for north-east england,although agonisingly slow progress.

A few light flurries coming in off the irish sea too.