Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,
yep, i feel so happy that we should get the best for once or certainly one of the Best!

6 inches is about:

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

About that much i think! Perhaps a little less.

It depends what you tell the wife

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
James, aside from the 0z this morning, we were always going to get three or four inches, if those FAX charts came off, we should be doubling that at least.

Yes I know it is likely now that many areas will see some snow, Im just saying that things still could change slightly.

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Of course that doesn't mean it won't snow up ther eif it does reach that far north,justthat it won't have the same sort of bite as it had say in the south/Midlands, but as the front will really struggle to get much further north then your location so while the snow may only be light it could last a while.

They said it will be quite heavy for a while.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Kaddy on BBC SE news ramping up the snow for Thurs on the forecast just now, though her map showed rain on coast with mix of sleet and snow inland for most of the day. Seen her in T Wells once where the studio is, may shout out snow ramper next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Paul Hudson has just done the weather forecast for our region and was uncharacteristically coy about the events on Thursday, which does suggest how uncertain they are about the northern extent of Frontal snow on Thursday. Normally he's a bit more effusive when snow's in the air!

Posted

ITV weather man payed particular attention to thursday , and had the majority of the UK at a huge risk, saying he didn't know how long it would take for the snow to turn to rain

Posted

Yep just watched Peter C here on the London news and he was ramping this up as well a little, mentioning that there will be more snow about then the "last event" which is probably the late Jan snowfall and some major disruption, all rather intresting with Thurs AM showing heavy snowfall for all in the region.

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

BBC News 24 predicts about 7-9 (Mainly 7 probably but 8 likely too) hours of Snow for us or the Midlands and surrounding areas on thursday!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
ITV weather man payed particular attention to thursday , and had the majority of the UK at a huge risk, saying he didn't know how long it would take for the snow to turn to rain

ye saw that think he had the snow a little widespread in my opinion then its actually gonna be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Stephen do you think we will get some snow on the Wirral, woke up with a light covering this morning in New Brighton ?

I do think we will get some yes, it may not be as heavy as area further south, but the odd cm or so cant be ruled out in some places.

Yes todays snow was quite good, 2cm here and its still here now, quite a bit of snow on the ground at the moment still.

ps: could a trained moderator move this post over the cold discussion or snow requests?

Posted

Looks to be some tasty showers developing out in the North Sea at the moment, only problem being they are currently tracking due south rather than south west.

Posted
Looks to be some tasty showers developing out in the North Sea at the moment, only problem being they are currently tracking due south rather than south west.

Yes, the law of sod bites us in the I have a problem again.

Posted
Here we go.

Sorry about the arrows though my hands always shake all the time due to medication and I struggle to draw straight lines.

post-1766-1170785586_thumb.jpg

Why did you have to put that great big black blob over Gloucester. I know we don't usually get snow down here in the valley (and I don't expect any this time either!), but that blob is just rubbing it in 8-(

7&Y

Posted
Well i'm starting to think Lincoln has had it. Paul Hudson said on the radio that it'll be a washout and there will be no chance of disruption in our area. oh well, next time!

What, like the weather man who said there would be no Hurricane :)

Posted

I think Tyne&Wear\County Durham will largely miss out tonight on any snow showers; with Teesside and East Yorkshire more likely to be in the path of the showers.

Posted
Lots of people talking about the snow for sat but caddy said tonight that the atlantic will come back in on Sat with temps going up to 8C for us in the SE. Can anyone tel me what the chances are of this happening?

Quite possible especially later in the day!

Posted
Lots of people talking about the snow for sat but caddy said tonight that the atlantic will come back in on Sat with temps going up to 8C for us in the SE. Can anyone tel me what the chances are of this happening?

Its very likely! as it would involve me missing out again!