Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

shuggee

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/web...large/slot5.jpg

Wooah! look what the last snowshower has done to Aviemore!

Just shows you, if the temps below freezing, every single flake sticks! northern england (southern) might actually do allright on thursday as everyflake that falls will be very dry and will instantly stick....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Wales allways get the snow and the midlands dont do too bad, so I think Id happily take the snow off you.. ;)

Suprisingly there is a place Id be happy to see get snow, even if it involved me missing out! :lol:

And thats Carlisle! they are geographically the worst mainland area for seeing snow in Britain, n anyone remember mildcarlisle? lol

For your information the West Midlands rarely gets snow. Snow from the east rarely gets here and snow in wales always stays in wales mainly and you up north do way better.

Posted
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/web...large/slot5.jpg

Wooah! look what the last snowshower has done to Aviemore!

So what?....its pretty darned high up.

I'll start getting excited when I see that sort of snow at lower levels in Scottyland.

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
Tonight is going to be a real freeze up across alot of the the country! What is the lowest people are recording at the moment? I am seeing -4.4C at the now! I had to check it with another thermometer just to make sure there wasn't a problem with my weather station! Is anywhere colder? I have got lying snow which helps!

Down to -4.9°C here now

Posted
So what?....its pretty darned high up.

I'll start getting excited when I see that sort of snow at lower levels in Scottyland.

Ye but its quite a lot considering most of it came from one shower!

And that reminds me, anyone got a link for the traffic scotland cams? thanx

Posted
The North, north east and east gets the lions share of snow events in the uk. Why cant people in the midlands, Wales, central southern England have their day?? The transitional/battle ground b*llocks is always our BEST chance of a good snow event. Youve mentioned yourself your more used to inches and inces of snow up north, can we have this 1, PLEASE???

Hi Love-it

Could you put your location in your avatar so we know which area you are refering to.

I feel the most dissapointing thing about this upcoming cold spell

is that it will only affect a limited amount of members, on Netweather.

Some who also haven't had a good snowfall in years.

I think it would of been much nicer if it was more evenly ditsributed.

Brian.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
maybe for you but it is -2.3 here

Lol bit of a differnece! mind you its just gone down to -0.7 now. Im in quite a busy are so perhaps its the thermometer! Mind you it feel more like -2c though outside so ill go with the same temperature as you pickles roughly.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow

Down to minus 3, hope it get lower than last nights minus 6.5.

Posted
Hi everyone, as promised, some pictures of the snow i saw today to get everyone in the mood! I can't believe it, we've had 2 inches, and 5 miles up the road only had a dusting! The first is taken about 11.30am when it first started, the second is just as the shower finally cleared. Sorry if they come out in the wrong way around, it's the first time i've put photos on here!

I could see the snow u your way, you did well. Is there still plenty lying? I bet its going to be cold over those snow fields.

Posted

Freezing fog here. Its bitter out. No one has seemed to mention the strong wind chill that will accompany this low. Its gona feel Artic/Baltic out. :lol:

Edited by kippure

Posted

Looks like the only white stuff in the NE England we will see is frost :lol:

Them showers in the North sea ARE heading in a NNE-SSW direction but once its comes closer to the uk theu head back out due to the light Westley wind. Very frustrating because the summer was cr*p and now looks like the winter going to be cr*p. Our chance may come tomorrow but i will not bank on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Its still +1.5C here so not expected much snow if any here on wed night / thurs morn, the cold air just hasnt really got here - last night only dropped to -3.7

Posted

Pickles im sure the temperature i read out first was colder than said as i can see frost starting to appear on cars!

id say my temperature is about the same as yours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
I could see the snow u your way, you did well. Is there still plenty lying? I bet its going to be cold over those snow fields.

Yes, the snow did begin to melt at about 2pm to about 4pm, but its soon refrozen, still about 2inches, here is a picture that I took earlier on in the day. I thinking maybe -8C tonight for me!?

post-6387-1170791903_thumb.jpg

Posted
Yes, the snow did begin to melt at about 2pm to about 4pm, but its soon refrozen, still about 2inches, here is a picture that I took earlier on in the day. I thinking maybe -8C tonight for me!?

Ill have more of that please. :lol:

Posted
Pickles im sure the temperature i read out first was colder than said as i can see frost starting to appear on cars!

id say my temperature is about the same as yours!

The frost here started to appear at about 5 this evening, now -2.8

Posted

My barometer now says -1c but i think it should be -2c.

The frost here started to appear at about 5 this evening, now -2.8

About the same here too.

Posted

suffolkboy, how much snow did you end up getting?

Amazing to think I'm just about 50 miles SSW and I had great sunshine throughout the day!

certainly if some of that snowcover is still there then your gonig to have a bitter old night, your idea may not be far wrong though if ther eis any breeze from the north then it may limit the temps a touch but don't be suprised if the temps drop like a stone for you.

Even where there hasn't been snow-fall with a cold airmass and clear skies for most I think tonight will be very cold -4/5/6's very likely to be quite widespread I reckon.

Posted
Hi Love-it

Could you put your location in your avatar so we know which area you are refering to.

I feel the most dissapointing thing about this upcoming cold spell

is that it will only affect a limited amount of members, on Netweather.

Some who also haven't had a good snowfall in years.

I think it would of been much nicer if it was more evenly ditsributed.

Brian.

I can understand this Brian. Hopefully, later on this week/weekend can produce for nothern areas so we all get some. Its possible.

But as for now, im going to enjoy any snow i get!!!