Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days
Whats your thoughts on the next band of PP to hit us later - rain or more snow?

Rain down here think the next band will only produce snow on the hills further north and east.

Posted

Still snowing. All the roads have snow on top of them making driving dificult some small roads near me are now impasible. mainly becouse they have not been gritted or hardly any cars are travling down them

Posted

Why are these cold spells so short these days? a great day yesterday up to 4" of snow in the morning and showers on and off during the day. Tonight all gone just rain and the odd half a snowman is all we have to show for it

Posted

its heavy in doncaster :clap: thick and covering is building !!!!!! john what is it like for you in doncaster, sprotbrough's snow isnt slushy, its perfect at mo :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still Snowing alternating between light and moderate Snow. About two inches 2cm have fallen so again it's nothing special so far but it's best since last December. Web site still working not properly they said they've fixed but they haven't. :clap::D

Buses have given up and pulled over but Cars are getting along quiet nicely apart from one Police car that bottled it after getting up the hard bit. Thats Scarsdale road for those who know Sheffield.

Still Snowing alternating between light and moderate Snow. About two inches 2cm have fallen so again it's nothing special so far but it's best since last December. Web site still working properly they said they've fixed but they haven't. :(:(

Buses have given up and pulled over but Cars are getting along quiet nicely apart from one Police car that bottled it after getting up the hard bit. Thats Scarsdale road for those who know Sheffield.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Yes,it is settling nicely. :clap:

Hi Cloud10,

It's not really settling too well here, only where snow already lies and a wet dusting on the roads.

Could be a heavier spell of snow heading our way accroding to the 20:20 NW radar.

Any idea what your altitude is? I think i'm in one of the lower parts of Stanley at about 195m.

Posted

Missed all the snow in south wales up in london today :clap::D

Posted

I dont think the next band will bring much snow. Had a bit of rain here not lomg ago. Great day of snow mind but just worried why i had about 30 mins of rain at end.

Posted
its heavy in doncaster :D thick and covering is building !!!!!! john what is it like for you in doncaster, sprotbrough's snow isnt slushy, its perfect at mo :(

Flakes a little bigger here still snowing strongly and settling. :clap:

Posted
its heavy in doncaster :clap: thick and covering is building !!!!!! john what is it like for you in doncaster, sprotbrough's snow isnt slushy, its perfect at mo :D

Not great here, still snowing but nothing to write home about, we haven't even got a cm yet.

Posted

stopped here now my dad has just got back from work he said hes burnt hes tires out lol

Posted

Snow turning sleety down here in Coalville now and wet bulb has started to pick up again. Suspect that's it for me... wait to see how long the snowmen take to melt in the rain now! :clap:

Posted
Met office has actually put a weather warning for Durham so its looking good for you lot. I never expected too much from this so i'm not downhearted but very envious of the amounts of snow people got where its rarely snows.

snowing like hell here mark,just got the last taxi from consett to catleside the police have now closed the main road to castleside.

this council is a joke :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Just got back from picking up daughter no. 2 from a school disco down in Huddersfield. All I can say is thank god for 4WD !!! (and before anyone says anything, its an M reg Toyota diesel MPV - but surprisingly good in snow considering its an automatic). Roads around the village absolutely impassable for 2WDs, some drifting now where there are gates and other gaps in the walls, gets better (as you would expect) heading into H'field, but even in town most of the side roads are now getting a covering. Got to say though, absolutely love it being out in it - fantastic :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.
still snowing here ...its been snowing since 11.00 this morning :clap:

Picture103.jpg

Words cannot describe how jealous I am. It's been snowing for about 3 hours here and it's not even a centimeter yet.

Posted
Why are these cold spells so short these days? a great day yesterday up to 4" of snow in the morning and showers on and off during the day. Tonight all gone just rain and the odd half a snowman is all we have to show for it

no complaints here...I've not seen as much snow for years ...posibly since the early 80's ... :clap:

last years was good with 6 inches but this year ding dong :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
stopped here now my dad has just got back from work he said hes burnt hes tires out lol

lol do you think we will have some snow on the next band as the met office predict it?

Posted
Not great here, still snowing but nothing to write home about, we haven't even got a cm yet.

Hi Deelightuk.

Could you let me know what your temps and Dew points are where you live if poss,

so I can compare them to mine please!

Brian :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
snowing like hell here mark,just got the last taxi from consett to catleside the police have now closed the main road to castleside.

this council is a joke :clap:

Hi Peter,

Looks like you could be in for quite a bit more than me tonight.

Here the snow is a bit too wet to settle apart from where snow already lies where as your extra altitude should mean proper snow for you.

Enjoy it up there!

Posted
no complaints here...I've not seen as much snow for years ...posibly since the early 80's ... :clap:

last years was good with 6 inches but this year ding dong :(

I wish I could say the same. I have had about 2cms in total this winter so far. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
its raining, is it me or has the snow been masivly overhyped?

I think it's all about location, location, location (as they say) :clap:

Posted

Still snowing in Bacup Lancashire, having watched the sleet at work in Bury all day, what a wonderful surprise to drive home into snow. We are at 1000ft so hopefully it will keep going. Going out now again to put the horse to bed, just an excuse really to stand in the garden and watch the flakes come across the hillside in the security lights.

I hope it's still here in the morning so I can take some pictures.

Shadowfax :clap: