Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
You won`t belivie this with yesterdays snow we now have 11inches :) I don`t even need to look at my records for the 90`s as we didn`t have that amount it`s still snowing too it`s got to clear off soon I would of thought looking at the radar.

If anyone wants to see a massive dumping come to Wales they are sure getting a battering today some places are stranded.

There`s more heavy snow coming in the early hours and tomorrow morning more for the hills this time for Wales.

Heaviest snow I`ve seen since then 80`s with more to come never thought I`d say that again.

I tell you something when the thaw come there`s going to be some big floods in these parts. :)

Here`s the little fella doesn`t look much.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/bracka.gif

11 inches :D

I would love to see some pics if you have any?

I'm sure everyone else would too.

Posted
Wheres everyone from the north east got to?

Its snowing quite heavy now an settling nicely :D

Carol on our local BBC weather has just said 2-3cm over the pennines, surely she meant 2-3 inches? I wuold even expect more than that for the pennines.

We are all depress because its raining here :)

Typical aint it. It can sleet during the day and rain at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

seems to of turned to sleet here now.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Hi MCT, well its a sleety mix here six miles north of Tyneside in Seaton Burn, so I

dont think it will snow apart from the higher levels

Just sleet here :D
We are all depress because its raining here :)

Typical aint it. It can sleet during the day and rain at night.

I'm pleased I moved up here a couple of years ago, I used to live in Hebburn and its just rain there.

You should all come on a pilgrimage to Stanley tomorrow, or even better Consett.

By morning i'm hoping for a good few cms.

Good luck though, you never know it could change to snow.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
You won`t belivie this with yesterdays snow we now have 11inches :) I don`t even need to look at my records for the 90`s as we didn`t have that amount it`s still snowing too it`s got to clear off soon I would of thought looking at the radar.

If anyone wants to see a massive dumping come to Wales they are sure getting a battering today some places are stranded.

There`s more heavy snow coming in the early hours and tomorrow morning more for the hills this time for Wales.

Heaviest snow I`ve seen since then 80`s with more to come never thought I`d say that again.

I tell you something when the thaw comes there`s going to be some big floods in these parts. :D

Here`s the little fella doesn`t look much.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/bracka.gif

I can believe it. Having watched the radar all day central Wales has had heavy snow all day, and the next band is probably only about two or three hours away from you. Depths could be measured in feet for you by tomorrow lunchtime !

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Oh no, sleet falling now. I can see my pristine whiteness about to be ruined :D

Posted
seems to of turned to sleet here now.

its still lightly snowing here

Posted
Awww, what about me :D

Paul 'Arctic' Hudson just forecast 20 cms by tomorrow morning for the Pennines - I'll be very surprised if that happens to be honest.

Would not surprise me given the conditions in Sheffield and seeing the band that is still to come. The Pennines will get a lot more than we get here. So glad to be out of Rotherham at last, and seeing proper winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
its still lightly snowing here

your a bit further north. Here it dosnt know whether its snow or sleet. I hope its not my eyes!

Posted
I'm pleased I moved up here a couple of years ago, I used to live in Hebburn and its just rain there.

You should all come on a pilgrimage to Stanley tomorrow, or even better Consett.

Carol did say that it may turn to snow to near the coast before turning back to rain. Well you never know i might see the odd flake here but i can't see it TBH.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Its suddenly got very heavy here and very windy to, I suspect there could be near Blizzard conditions on the moors in the heavier PPn.

Posted
11 inches :D

I would love to see some pics if you have any?

I'm sure everyone else would too.

You`ll have to take my word for it at the moment,I`ll try and scan some it`s not something I`m very good at :) get all the white background and only a small photo.

My mum`s took some photos today but that was earlier around 6 inches then we`ll take some photos tomorrow should be unreal. :)

Posted
Light snow in sheff but noting to writehome about.Whasts your thinking robert on the weeks ahead :)

Hi swfc :)

Well anything I get I have put in my blog I have got a few things I must admit for many months ahead but I am going to hold back as I don't want to be posting events for August this early! :D Think I would rather hold back till a bit closer to the mark.

Anything I get though within a reasonable time frame of a few weeks to a month then i will put it in my blog.

Latest in my blog predictions is the 19 and 20th February and the 3rd March.

It is looking good though for more snow in my opinion :)

QUOTE(andy_leics22 @ 9 Feb 2007, 07:01 PM)

Thanks Yeh I just love seeing it falling even if it doesen't settle! Maybe Matthews prediction will turn out to be true if that band crosses us tonight and gives some more snow for a time... It will technically be the 10th after midnight

hehe true! *passes cookies and chocolate around*

Robert

Posted

Still snowing nicely in Stoke although the flakes are not that big now. Main roads have loads of slush while minor roads and totally covered now. The local bbc foreast mentioned ice becoming a problem as temperature is expected to drop to 0c but that might be a bit optimistic.

A moderate easterly wind makes it look like a blizzard at times!

Karyo

Posted

Aye we may have some wet snow later on, when the heavier stuff

moves in around midnight!! No buses into the Toon from Stanley

tonight then!!!!

Posted

Still wanging it down here, flakes not big but grass starting to cover. Kids have asked to got out and play....they are positive it will be gone tomorrow!

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Some more snow for Leicestershire/Warwickshire today, however, I think it caught the gritters out tonight - the fact it wasn't settling until about 15:30 meant that the grit/salt had got washed away before it started settling over the top - took me 1 and half hours to get home from work, usually takes about 20 - 30 minutes.

Temperature has hovered around 0.5c most of the day; I don't remain hopeful of getting anything from the next band of precipitation - we can't complain though, the last frontal snow I can remember in Leicester was 2003 (or was it 2004?) - I've never known us to get frontal snow one day after another - shame they're both days I've had to travel to/from work.

Posted
I don't want to be posting events for August this early! :) Think I would rather hold back till a bit closer to the mark.

Robert

August??? Are we gonna have a swealteringly hot August? I hope so :D

Posted

Just to confirm, are the chances of snow at low levels from this second band moving in practically nil for the north midlands (such as north nottinghamshire?). It's a real shame, just turns to snow and seems to be getting somewhere, and the band looks set the move away from here within the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
Hi swfc :)

Well anything I get I have put in my blog I have got a few things I must admit for many months ahead but I am going to hold back as I don't want to be posting events for August this early! :D Think I would rather hold back till a bit closer to the mark.

Anything I get though within a reasonable time frame of a few weeks to a month then i will put it in my blog.

Latest in my blog predictions is the 19 and 20th February and the 3rd March.

It is looking good though for more snow in my opinion :)

QUOTE(andy_leics22 @ 9 Feb 2007, 07:01 PM)

Thanks Yeh I just love seeing it falling even if it doesen't settle! Maybe Matthews prediction will turn out to be true if that band crosses us tonight and gives some more snow for a time... It will technically be the 10th after midnight

hehe true! *passes cookies and chocolate around*

Robert

Well done on your forecast by the way. Gfs could do with your help.Off topic but you woudnt know sat lottery nos . :)