Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted

Snow pics with it not long starting to stick. This road will be non drivable if it keeps up always is!post-1828-1171044291_thumb.jpgpost-1828-1171044311_thumb.jpg post-1828-1171044328_thumb.jpg

Posted
The precip type radar works by what the GFS charts show though, according to the GFS it would be snow over you but it turned out to be sleety stuff instead, if the radar was actually done by using reports of what was falling around the UK then it would be more accurate.

Well said Andy i have to say those comments have made me lmao ... If no snow then it has to be the radars fault :(

lol kaz xx

Posted

Well the snows finally made it here, but it's a rather feeble attempt. Very light, and it rained a bit before so the grounds wet. It isn't sticking. I wasn't really expecting too much from the last two days anyway. It just didn't have our name on it. The southerners had it this time :(

Posted

Snow really is wierd.. how can it be snow north, south, east and west of me, but it seems there is a 20-30 mile round radius which is getting sleety rain?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Snowing nicely here but at this time my Web Hosting service is down so I can't upload any data. But it's nice to have proper snow for once. Settling nicely. Hopefully my Host will pull it's finger out otherwise it's shift all back to my University account.

Posted
Well the temp is dropping slowly here still down to 0.5C but the humidity is rising which means the dewpoint is rising goddammit.

Been snowing just lightly for the last 20 minutes, but everything is sticking and the road infront of my house is almsot covered... cant wait for the heavy stuff to come!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Snow on and off here, small grains and mainly light with the odd heavier shower.

Starting to fill on gaps where the snow had melted.

Still looking pretty good for tonight up here, especially away from the coast.

Posted
Heavy snow here now... just driven back from Nottinghamshire and the roads are struggling... even settling on the M1! Will take a measurement shortly... See http://www.photoweather.com/aws/cam

Around 8cm of level snow here now... :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Snow pics with it not long starting to stick. This road will be non drivable if it keeps up always is!post-1828-1171044291_thumb.jpgpost-1828-1171044311_thumb.jpg post-1828-1171044328_thumb.jpg

Awesome!! Looks like its hammering down, I think Matthews prediction came a day early but I think we can let him off with that :) Looks like you could have at least another hour of it judging by the radar :)

Posted

Weather is just crazy here. Heavy snow with really big flakes for the past two and a half hours. Roads are empty, the gritters have been out but it's not made a jot of difference. Have a good three inches at the moment and still snowing very heavily. Looking at the radar it looks like we're through the heaviest ppn now though so expecting it to calm down shortly.

Certainly makes up for this morning!

Edited by Louise

Posted
Still heavy rain in Lincoln.

Must be some snow for Lincoln and Newark tonight surely, after all the rest of the East Midlands have had some.

I'm starting to think not... but I guess the next few hours could prove me wrong. We shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Ahh good news, it is starting to stick properly now away from the house and quite heavy albeit small.

Posted

woohoo, the weather guy off calender news has just said 2-5cm for lower tonight and 10-15cm on higher ground...(yorkshire)

He then said higher ground meaning 100m! :):)

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Here's the reason for the Streamer over Bristol and places to NE and SW of Bristol - the LP centre is slap-bang on top of us

(well, Taunton, but it will probably move right over the top of Bristol.

post-3528-1171045160_thumb.png

What's the central pressure?

I think the reason we have rain over Bristol is obvious from the wind pattern on the above chart.

Air is being circulated round the Low Pressure, bringing slightly milder air off the English Channel.

As the Low moves away I would expect the winds to resume a SE to ESE direction. My concern is the SSW airflow

approaching Land's End which could well scupper any real chances of persistent snow later tonight.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
But the PPN is highly accurate, it's only the precip type which trips up now and again :)

If you say so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Here's the reason for the Streamer over Bristol and places to NE and SW of Bristol - the LP centre is slap-bang on top of us!

post-3528-1171045160_thumb.png

Is it rain or snow there?

Posted
Awesome!! Looks like its hammering down, I think Matthews prediction came a day early but I think we can let him off with that :) Looks like you could have at least another hour of it judging by the radar :)

Indeed! :) but I am still going to stick by 10th to lol whatever it may bring!

Maybe he has a surprise for some :D

Posted

I know i'm moaning but I don't care.

Yesterday we were too far north to get settling snow (although 15 miles SW got 5 inches).

Today not only am I too far north, but it would seem judging by the snow in Yorkshire that I am too far south.

Oh well, i'm off to play in the puddles.

Posted

We have light snow/sleet here in Doncaster now, had been raining for the past couple of hours. Temp has dropped to 1.4 and the dewpoint is 0.0 and dropping. The ground is soaking though. :) Does anyone know when the main band is expected to reach us?

Posted
We have light snow/sleet here in Doncaster now, had been raining for the past couple of hours. Temp has dropped to 1.4 and the dewpoint is 0.0 and dropping. The ground is soaking though. :) Does anyone know when the main band is expected to reach us?

:)

It's on top of us mate, i'm about 5 miles from Doncaster and it's hammering it down with snow, i'd give and take an hour before it starts settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It is stopping here now - we now have about 12cm in the areas where we had existing snow cover prior to this band. There is about 5/6cm on the road.