Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted

Reports on the BBC new is that Brum airport is closed and there is wide spread snow over the middlands casing major probs on all roads..

lol kaz x

Posted
I personally think any precip around Wales or the Midlands will all be of sleet or snow until 6am, then after that, who knows when it will turn to rain. Guessing around 9-10am maybe? But I'm by no means an expert and I am just basing my prediction on what the charts are telling me.

Thanks, Andy. I'm driving to Monmouth tomorrow and I need all the info I can get.

Cheers,

Mike.

Posted

I live in mansfield where its been snowing heavily for the last 2 hours, does anyone know how long it is meant to keep up for as its my birthday and i'm meant to be going out for a meal tonight...

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border
Reports on the BBC new is that Brum airport is closed and there is wide spread snow over the middlands casing major probs on all roads..

lol kaz x

Just heard that a weather warning has been issued for North Lincolnshire. Also police advise that Chesterfield has atrocious conditions and tell people not to travel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
woohoo, getting quite heavy now!

What makes it even better is, infront of my house there is a busy road, but temorary traffic lights due to road works are forcing cars to stop for ages, allowing the road to quickly cover over with snow! I can see some cars getting stuck there later! hahaha! ;)

my predictions for tonight:

me 10-12cm

groupel 3-6cm

james m 10-12cm. ;)

Oooh 10-12cm for me thanks, we only have 1cm atm though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
STILL SNOWING HEAVY HERE!!!!!!!!! JUST MEASURED 17CM ON THE FRONT GARDEN!!! HERES A PIC ;);););):cold:

I'm moving to sedgley, any houses for sale near you? :lol: Its amazing how 40 miles east all we have is melted snow on the grass and the pavements have a dusting left. Yet you have a dumping! :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

lol kaz x

couldnt say better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
Oooh 10-12cm for me thanks, we only have 1cm atm though.

got none here yet...but i dont think it will last much longer to get an extra 10cm lol

Posted

The East Midlands warnings only cover Derby City and Derbyshire now and it lasts until midnight. However looking at the radar maybe another hour or two as its already clearing Birmingham.

Posted

just travelled from chesterfield back home to matlock, hundreds of cars up there having problems.

20 min journey took 1.5 hours. passed 2 snowploughs. had mega problems dropping down from

beeley/matlock moor at 400 mtrs to my house at around 170 mts. up on the tops the snow is easily

6 inches deep and it was still snowing heavy (very dry huge flakes, also some drifting. would not be suprised

if some people have to abandon their cars. Longest skid was over 30 yards down burnett lane. top of the lane must be 300

mtrs down to 200mtrs asl. still snowing here very heavy. Local radio has just mentioned people are stuck on the hills surrounding matlock and chesterfield and across the moor. we saw people abanding their cars and getting lifts with the lucky people who were driving 4x4.

looking at meto radar looks like plenty more snoe to come.

Posted

Still snowing big flakes here staffordshire/cheshire border.

*passes cookies and hot chocolate around* I need to get more stock in next week for the coming weeks ahead!

Robert

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
I'm moving to sedgley, any houses for sale near you? ;) Its amazing how 40 miles east all we have is melted snow on the grass and the pavements have a dusting left. Yet you have a dumping! ;)

i got the same here too! 8 inches in parts.

Posted
paul hudson just said there is more significant snow to come for south yorkshire

Excellent!! Its starting to settle on roads here now, I didn't think it would as it was wet through with rain we had for 2 hours previously. Its not that heavy though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

*passes cookies and hot chocolate around* I need to get more stock in next week for the coming weeks ahead!

Robert

How about some beers- its Friday night! ;)

Heavy snowfall here right now. Falling on top of soaked ground making a thick layer of slush on pavements- tricky & messy to walk in!

Posted

Heavy here, nearly a CM down, finally, after all this wait, it's here!!!!

Posted

Robert

Would it be impolite to dunk? ;)

Posted
Any beer or vodka? ;)

Yes both! ;) *Passes you a vodka and beer* Enjoy and keep warm! :doh: :lol: :cold: