Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
Robert, I'm sure you mean well but seriously, please don't talk as if you know everything that the weather is going to bring over the coming x months, it really doesn't do your credibility any favours at all.

Bit harsh if I may say so Paul..

Anyway back to the weather! Snow is remaining moderate, yet strangely it's starting to stick to all surfaces. Just typical, as the heavier stuff passes through we get non-settling snow, now we have light to moderate falls and every flake is sticking on wet ground!

Posted
Robert, I'm sure you mean well but seriously, please don't talk as if you know everything that the weather is going to bring over the coming x months, it really doesn't do your credibility any favours at all.

Please carry on Robert, you rock :blink:

Posted
I dont think he is doing too bad so far

Agreed.

Our pshycic maestro is currently outperforming some of the budding meteorologists around here.

Posted

Understood Paul. That is why I did say I would not post anything just in my blog and in a more realistic time frame.

I only give what I am given but will hold things back for months ahead if I get more :blink:

Robert

Posted
Understood Paul. That is why I did say I would not post anything just in my blog and in a more realistic time frame.

I only give what I am given but will hold things back for months ahead if I get more :blink:

Robert

I'm not trying to cause a problem, but I vote that he should be allowed to carry on. He has been relatively close with his predictions so far, and afterall.. freedom of speech and all that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Just put up my Lampost cam up. What do you all think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
How does it look for the next band bringing snow to here? About 30 miles inland, 200m ASL. Looks much more marginal than recently, have a feeling it may be rainy. Going to be a nail biter.

Personally I think you would see snow from it, any precip over you from now until 6am I would expect to be snow :D I'm far from an expert so I dont for any minute think i'm right :blink: But from what i can see in terms of temperatures and other factors I would say you could get mostly snow from the 2nd band before all snow turns to rain across southern and central England and Wales Tomorrow afternoon.

Posted
I'm not trying to cause a problem, but I vote that he should be allowed to carry on. He has been relatively close with his predictions so far, and afterall.. freedom of speech and all that?

Me too, I don't see any harm in it. Especially like has already been said, he gets it a lot closer than the so called "professionals".

Posted
Your dome seems to be holding up well

Its been breached a couple of times in the last couple of days and the repair technicians have been out and fixed the surface of the dome, so the tiny tmicropores which allow it to breathe, are back in order, keeping snowflakes out and allowing drizzle in. Security has been increased in light of the weather warnings.

I ventured outside of the dome an hour ago, because I had to get to Shildon, 3 miles away. Needless to say there is some lying snow there, and its only a frickin 100ft higher up, but crucially, outside the boundaries of the dome.

Posted

id disagree temps are on the rise and dew points are marginal also, and there still a way to go until it arrives, i think the height you, live at will have a major factor on who gets snow in wales tonight and tommorow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Good luck to the guy, given some of the winter forecasts on here i think hes done ok.Not harming anyone is it unless you consider yourself a real pro. :blink:

Personally I think you would see snow from it, any precip over you from now until 6am I would expect to be snow :D I'm far from an expert so I dont for any minute think i'm right :blink: But from what i can see in terms of temperatures and other factors I would say you could get mostly snow from the 2nd band before all snow turns to rain across southern and central England and Wales Tomorrow afternoon.

Yep, am thinking that may be about right. A few hours of snow then sleet / rain. The mountains will be getting a good ole battering though. I bet 1/2 foot - 2 foot on the Beacons by the morrow.

Posted

went thiner and started to come down faster with the bigger flake pushing through :blink: , andy you was correct haha, was weird with local bbc forecast said lower levels should be rain now, im around 50-60 meters above sea level!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just rain here now but snow not melting fast!

Posted

Well my choise is to do things Pauls way, and I prefer the scientific approach.

Having said that though, I like Robert and I think there is room for everyone

on this Forum whatever methods they choose! :blink:

Brian.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Doubt it, he forecast widespread heavy snow sometime in January when only a few isolated places in the south east had any.

Would just like to point out that many places in the east midlands and central southern England saw snow a day before his prediction, and then on the day of his prediction the south east saw snow, thats more than a few isolated places IMO.

Posted
Would just like to point out that many places in the east midlands and central southern England saw snow a day before his prediction, and then on the day of his prediction the south east saw snow, thats more than a few isolated places IMO.

Nothing at all in Lincoln Hardly, ... bit of light stuff yesterday, other than that, ... zilch :blink:

Posted
Doubt it, he forecast widespread heavy snow sometime in January when only a few isolated places in the south east had any.

I don't remember that. Are you sure it wasn't Ken Ring?

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

According to the Radar it supposed to be snowing here , Nothing yet , [ i reckon we will miss it again] 2nd year running . Looking at Look North news tonight and it looks like we could see rain here , and to the west of me snow ,.[HOW FRUSTRATING]

nigel

Posted
According to the Radar it supposed to be snowing here , Nothing yet , [ i reckon we will miss it again] 2nd year running . Looking at Look North news tonight and it looks like we could see rain here , and to the west of me snow ,.[HOW FRUSTRATING]

nigel

Don't worry you aint missing much(of corse if you like the rain). Very frustrating night i'm going to sence.

Posted

This aint the thread or this but still im compelled to add my point of view (sorry mods) Robert did not make a prediction, he presented his case as fact. Im sorry but from what he said, he was just plain wrong end of. Maybe he will get lucky next time, who knows? Might soon be two wrong in a row though................

ps- peein it down here :blink:

Edited by Slinky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sleet here now. We ended up with about 3cm of snow, maybe 5cm away from roads and traffic.

Despite not being a huge amount its still the largest accumulation since i moved here in 2002.

And Robert - you do a good job. You have within a day predicted something weeks ago which the Met Office failed to predict hours before.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

11 hours of snow finally easing off still very fine light snow falling now which will drift,it`s been drifting slightly anyway since 5.

If the winds got strong tonight and with all the snow about it`s gonna be fun, which with the next system coming in there`s going to be strong winds sometime. :blink:

http://85.214.49.20/pics/brack0.gif

http://xcweather.co.uk