Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted

The band has definately lost intensity over the last hour. Just my luck! Just light snow here atm and the moderate snow is breaking up before it gets to me :D

Posted

Snow is now melting here :D dripping off the trees and bushes, have had loads though so mustn't grumble... Enjoy everyone else, it has been fantastic!

Posted
I can believe it. Having watched the radar all day central Wales has had heavy snow all day, and the next band is probably only about two or three hours away from you. Depths could be measured in feet for you by tomorrow lunchtime !

Yes I was noticied the radar how quick it`s approaching, It`s serious stuff everyone in the SE/south should come to these parts main roads should`nt be too bad not much chance to get uphere though :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Oh no I want a cool or average summer then we might not get such hight SST's and then things might be a bit better for next winter.

Posted
Just to confirm, are the chances of snow at low levels from this second band moving in practically nil for the north midlands (such as north nottinghamshire?). It's a real shame, just turns to snow and seems to be getting somewhere, and the band looks set the move away from here within the next hour.

Any settling where you are?

Posted
Oh no I want a cool or average summer then we might not get such hight SST's and then things might be a bit better for next winter.

I love the extremes, sun or snow but I would rather sacrifice the snow for a lovely hot summer!! I love snow but prefer to be inside near the fire watching it!

Posted
Any settling where you are?

Only on the snow that had settled yesterday, topped that up a little. Turned to snow in Lincoln yet?

Posted

snow stopping now, its been fantastic today and yesteday i just wish that we had some freezing cold days now instead of rain wich will wash it all away

Posted
Snow is now melting here :D dripping off the trees and bushes, have had loads though so mustn't grumble... Enjoy everyone else, it has been fantastic!

whats your current depth Daisy ?

Posted
Snow is now melting here :nonono: dripping off the trees and bushes, have had loads though so mustn't grumble... Enjoy everyone else, it has been fantastic!

started snowin moderately again now

Posted
snow stopping now, its been fantastic today and yesteday i just wish that we had some freezing cold days now instead of rain wich will wash it all away

thats what i said yesterday ...as i watch the last remaining 4cm dissappear

Posted

That would be nice wouldnt it. Still cant complain, best snow event for many years. Just about stopped here too, around the 6 inch mark

Posted
Very heavy snow fell here earlier with around 7 inches on the grass, and 4 inches on the pavements, caused major problems here.

hi Jackone - What about the next band of PP due in at around midnight - what will that be like for us south walians?

Posted
whats your current depth Daisy ?

It's a bit hard to find some snow the kids haven't trampled through..... but have just gone out with my ruler-current depth about 4 inches. We have had lots more. Yesterday the drifts were over the tops of my wellies, but today's snow was very wet and sleety. I'm only 60m ASL (in between Kidderminster and Droitwich) so now the snow is thawing really fast. Folks around the Malverns, Halesowen and Dudley (SEDGLEY!!!) being much higher up have had more today, despite not being too far away.

Edited by Daisy

Posted

masive flakes now and coming down fast 4cm now. goin out at 8:30pm to have a snowball fight with my dad and sis. her freind is not coming now bwcouse some of the roads are now blocked

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Off to pub now..

2 cm of snow on the ground, still awaiting the heavier snow.

Posted

my dads stuck on the way back from wolverhampton he says the roads are gridlocked

ps just looked out my window and its started to snow again!

Posted
August??? Are we gonna have a swealteringly hot August? I hope so :nonono:

I love hot weather too! be nice to a have BQ :):D I think we are going to be in for some very freaky weather this year though TBH lot's of storms and freak tornados!

Robert

Posted
Off to pub now..

2 cm of snow on the ground, still awaiting the heavier snow.

I don't think we are gonna see any heavier snow as it seems to be fizzling out the closer it gets to us :nonono:

Its been snowing here for a couple of hours now but its been that light we have barely accumulated 0.5cm's, pretty disappointing really :D