Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
Heavy here, nearly a CM down, finally, after all this wait, it's here!!!!

Its moving this way, just taken dog out, plenty of fine flakes, not sticking yet tho, only to dog, hes a black labrador but looked like a badger when we got home ;)

Posted
  • Location: From North Wales but now in England on the Notts border

Matlock to Chesterfield road now closed due to snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Still snowing big flakes here staffordshire/cheshire border.

*passes cookies and hot chocolate around* I need to get more stock in next week for the coming weeks ahead!

Robert

Yum Yum thank you Roberto ;) Glad you still have snow coming down ;) The edge of the band of snow gave us a lil bit of a dusting on the pavements about half hour ago but its cleared away now so it will soon melt again, i'm hoping to see some more at some time between 12 and 6am from that second band, but its borderline at the moment, so its a case of wait and see!

Posted
hello Blizzard Conditions,

There is a reasonable risk especially lateron on saturday and into Sunday ;)

SM06

Cheers for that reply SM06, much appreciated. I guess I'll just hope for the best :cold:

Would like to also add that I hope all you folk down South enjoy the snow, a lot of snow starved people down there that deserve it. Have a good time ;)

Posted
How about some beers- its Friday night! :doh:

Heavy snowfall here right now. Falling on top of soaked ground making a thick layer of slush on pavements- tricky & messy to walk in!

Good to hear you are getting some. Have a few beers :lol: ;);) but don't get :cold: and slip!

Posted
Cheers for that reply SM06, much appreciated. I guess I'll just hope for the best ;)

Would like to also add that I hope all you folk down South enjoy the snow, a lot of snow starved people down there that deserve it. Have a good time :cold:

We will, Blizzard, we will ;)

Hope it reaches you tomorrow or Sunday.

Posted
Yum Yum thank you Roberto ;) Glad you still have snow coming down ;) The edge of the band of snow gave us a lil bit of a dusting on the pavements about half hour ago but its cleared away now so it will soon melt again, i'm hoping to see some more at some time between 12 and 6am from that second band, but its borderline at the moment, so its a case of wait and see!

Well I hope you get some later tonight Andy even if it settles for a while for you at least it is snow:) Then look forward to the coming weeks ahead :cold::doh: :lol:

Posted
Brian,

What do you think of the next line of precip off the SW coast? Rain or snow for us tonight? Personally, I think its too close to call.

Regards,

Mike.

Sorry Mike I have only just seen this, I have been outside.

I would suggest sleet with rain following on behind.

Could have a little snow to begin with but I would say marginal.

However that is going by the chart's so you can always expect suprises with the

weather.

Brian ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Wheres everyone from the north east got to?

Its snowing quite heavy now an settling nicely ;)

Carol on our local BBC weather has just said 2-3cm over the pennines, surely she meant 2-3 inches? I wuold even expect more than that for the pennines.

Posted

Regarding comments msade earlier re South Yorkshire, most of Sheffield is getting totally battered at the moment. Not sure whether it had made it all the way to Rotherham but was certainly heavy in Catcliffe and everything is moving nicely northwards. Some of the roads in south Sheffield are really bad just now - had two skids and drove most of the way in 2nd gear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
woohoo, getting quite heavy now!

What makes it even better is, infront of my house there is a busy road, but temorary traffic lights due to road works are forcing cars to stop for ages, allowing the road to quickly cover over with snow! I can see some cars getting stuck there later! hahaha! ;)

my predictions for tonight:

me 10-12cm

groupel 3-6cm

james m 10-12cm. ;)

Awww, what about me :cold:

Paul 'Arctic' Hudson just forecast 20 cms by tomorrow morning for the Pennines - I'll be very surprised if that happens to be honest.

Posted
Hi Mike,

I'll still be the same at 52 too, and 102 if I make it that far ;) There is something so special about snow, magical "almost" describes it. Which is why I would say to all those who have any snow outside, get off your computer and go play, go play ;)

Robbie.

Absolutley. I'm off to the park with my sledge and my 11 year old son as my built - in excuse!!!

Enjoy!!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
Well I hope you get some later tonight Andy even if it settles for a while for you at least it is snow:) Then look forward to the coming weeks ahead ;):cold:;)

Light snow in sheff but noting to writehome about.Whasts your thinking robert on the weeks ahead :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Well I hope you get some later tonight Andy even if it settles for a while for you at least it is snow:) Then look forward to the coming weeks ahead ;):doh: :lol:

Thanks ;) Yeh I just love seeing it falling even if it doesen't settle! Maybe Matthews prediction will turn out to be true if that band crosses us tonight and gives some more snow for a time... It will technically be the 10th after midnight :cold:

Posted

You won`t belivie this with yesterdays snow we now have 11inches ;) I don`t even need to look at my records for the 90`s as we didn`t have that amount it`s still snowing too it`s got to clear off soon I would of thought looking at the radar.

If anyone wants to see a massive dumping come to Wales they are sure getting a battering today some places are stranded.

There`s more heavy snow coming in the early hours and tomorrow morning more for the hills this time for Wales.

Heaviest snow I`ve seen since then 80`s with more to come never thought I`d say that again.

I tell you something when the thaw comes there`s going to be some big floods in these parts. ;)

Here`s the little fella doesn`t look much.

http://85.214.49.20/pics/bracka.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Flakes have turned very small now here ;)

Posted
Awww, what about me ;)

Paul 'Arctic' Hudson just forecast 20 cms by tomorrow morning for the Pennines - I'll be very surprised if that happens to be honest.

depends where in the pennines I am pretty close to that now and I think a short drive would take me to deeper depths than that

Posted
Wheres everyone from the north east got to?

Its snowing quite heavy now an settling nicely :D

Carol on our local BBC weather has just said 2-3cm over the pennines, surely she meant 2-3 inches? I wuold even expect more than that for the pennines.

Hi MCT, well its a sleety mix here six miles north of Tyneside in Seaton Burn, so I

dont think it will snow apart from the higher levels

Posted
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich
  • Location: Ormesby St Margaret - Nr Gt Yarmouth / Work in Norwich

:D

Norwich has been really poor over the last 2 days, and to make matters worse I am at my parents house closer to the east coast this weekend. So no chance of snow by the looks of it.

I suppose we often do quite well for snow in Norfolk, but it's been a while since I've seen anything quite like what you guys have had today though.

Good luck for the rest who are hoping for a drop of the white stuff tonight and tomorrow. Thanks for the pics.

Jon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

:D It's snowing. It's night time. Best time for snow.

I can't believe how bright the sky is on my CCTV camera. Practically looks like daytime.

Posted
Thanks :D Yeh I just love seeing it falling even if it doesen't settle! Maybe Matthews prediction will turn out to be true if that band crosses us tonight and gives some more snow for a time... It will technically be the 10th after midnight :)

do you not mean Robert?????