Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY
Snow falling very heavy here (Mickleover) with thick flakes. Definitely sticking - i'd say about 2cm but building up quickly.

Went to Cannock Chase this afternoon - some very heavy snow there - i reckon about 10cm away from the roads but the roads were getting a bit dicey too. Not sure how it is there now!

heavy in allestree and settling everywhere ,great after the afternoon sleet we got :(

Posted
And you waste your money on a rader that can't show the right PPN. I'm sorry but all you are doing is funding NW cash when there is no need.

I'm glad i'm not buying that rader prefer to look at a free rader supplied by the METO - may not be accurate or the best but i won't be wasting my money at the same time.

Exactly, I tried it last year and thought it had improved so bought for another year.. obviously not. It really is poor. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

still nowing here and temperature dropping so a good sign that it will stay as snow!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

The only dissapointment at the moment is, I still havent seen any big fat flakes this winter! Todays flakes have all been small too....

Can anyone report some big fat flakes falling now? the ones that are the size of small tea plates and cover everything emediatly... :(

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
Thundersquall you've probably noticed it but there's a little streamer coming right over bristol soon, with a bit of luck it will go straight over us both giving us a couple of hours of snow. *Fingers Crossed* :(

I had noticed this, but it's producing moderate to heavy rain although it is very cold. No snow but an interesting feature.

Posted
And you waste your money on a rader that can't show the right PPN. I'm sorry but all you are doing is funding NW cash when there is no need.

I'm glad i'm not buying that rader prefer to look at a free rader supplied by the METO - may not be accurate or the best but i won't be wasting my money at the same time.

Its only like £3.50 a month !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Looks like its starting to die out on the radar, just as it looked like the heavy stuff was heading our way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Right so everywhere it's been wet it's now sticking..correct?

Yes it is here, been sleety snow all day then in the last half hour BANG snow with big flakes and settling even on the road which had puddles on, gunna stop soon according to the radar though so no doubt will soon melt again

Posted

raining now in Milton Keynes, looks like that is it for us, current temperature of around 2 degrees! my poor snow man (peter snow) is slowy melting

post-6562-1171043791_thumb.jpg

Posted

Look at how much that band weakens when its tries to push northwards over a line of Manchester and South Yorkshire. Though the green still produce some good size flakes i still can't believe it weakened that much.

Posted
Strange light pollution effect here in the west of Swansea as the street lights seems to be reflecting off the snow and giving the clouds an orangy colour.

This year just like 1999, the 8th Feb was a disappointment but the 9th produced some snow, today we had the best snowfall in my location since 1991 (can't verify that with any data though, just my opinion)

Getting that over here in kiddy too, even though the snow has stopped for now.

Just spoken to my mate in Swansea, it has taken him nearly 5 hours to go 6 miles. :(

Posted
Look at how much that band weakens when its tries to push northwards over a line of Manchester and South Yorkshire. Though the green still produce some good size flakes i still can't believe it weakened that much.

Still yellow heading in our general direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: COLD AND SNOWY

Right so everywhere it's been wet it's now sticking..correct?

[/quot

sleet in derby all day till 3pm started snowing wet everywhere ,heavy snow at 4.30 pm and is white eveywhere now and approx 3cm :(

Posted

that is a bit harsh if I may so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Light pollution here too in Kidderminster!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well the temp is dropping slowly here still down to 0.5C but the humidity is rising which means the dewpoint is rising goddammit.

Posted
that is a bit harsh if I may so

You think so?

Ok.. it's cheap, but it's still inaccurate. 5 hours of rain showing as snow throughout on the precipitype radar?

Posted
im actually getting excited now. dew point down to 0c.

I don't wish to burst your bubble but here in Peterborough we have only had rain/sleet with a temp of 2C. Last time I checked Lincoln is 3C so be prepared to only see sleet/rain and just hope the heavier precip which missed me reaches you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
You think so?

Ok.. it's cheap, but it's still inaccurate. 5 hours of rain showing as snow throughout on the precipitype radar?

The precip type radar works by what the GFS charts show though, according to the GFS it would be snow over you but it turned out to be sleety stuff instead, if the radar was actually done by using reports of what was falling around the UK then it would be more accurate.

Posted
I don't wish to burst your bubble but here in Peterborough we have only had rain/sleet with a temp of 2C. Last time I checked Lincoln is 3C so be prepared to only see sleet/rain and just hope the heavier precip which missed me reaches you.

it's 2c now. i'm not that confident but more confident than I was earlier.