Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow & Cold Spell General Chat Part 12

Posted
According to the Radar it supposed to be snowing here , Nothing yet , [ i reckon we will miss it again] 2nd year running . Looking at Look North news tonight and it looks like we could see rain here , and to the west of me snow ,.[HOW FRUSTRATING]

nigel

That's what I have got Nigel just moderate rain now :blink: just as I expected actually.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

11 hours of snow finally easing off still very fine light snow falling now which will drift,it`s been drifting slightly anyway since 5.

If the winds got strong tonight and with all the snow about it`s gonna be fun, which with the next system coming in there`s going to be strong winds sometime. :blink:

http://85.214.49.20/pics/brack0.gif

http://xcweather.co.uk

How high are you Snowyowl9? What part of Powys? We have done nicely out of this spell eh?

Posted

3 hours of rain, now we have had an hour of snowfall. Weird really.. larger flakes were not settling and now it's smaller flakes and lighter snowfall it's readily settling on most surfaces. Definate temperature drop in the last hour, but I expect them to rise before the next band arrives, therefore I expect rain tommorow morning. :blink:

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
still snowing here ...its been snowing since 11.00 this morning :blink:

Picture103.jpg

I'm so envious. It rained almost none stop here from mid-day to 7pm, with a short interval between 3-4pm. Finally turned to wet snow shortly after seven, and decides to start sticking just as the band is moving away - UNBELIEVEABLE!

Edit - Whats your snow depth now?

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just cloudy here now so the rain has stopped so thats good so it dosnt make the snow melt!

Will i get any snow from this second band coming?

Posted
How high are you Snowyowl9? What part of Powys? We have done nicely out of this spell eh?

Hi yes very impressive indeed,I`m 1000 feet asl but higher than that upto 360 metres on our land.

Around 18 miles east from lake Vyrnway as the crow flies. :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Another MASSIVE band of rain/sleet/snow is about to push up from cornwall, Im expecting large amounts of rain to push up from teh southwest then head NNW ( with the front actually pushing NNE )

As per normal i would expect this to steadly change to sleet & snow across many areas with lying snow already ( thus your cold enough stillf or snow )

Places that saw snow that shortly melted over the course of the day i would expect at most sleet. In theavy bursts this may fall as snow.

This front has some very intense rainfall so i would also expect soem gusts and possibly a few rumbles as it hits teh cold airmass over the UK thus pushing the cloudtops even higher, this in turn may help the rain turn to snow with the colder air pushed down!

Eitherway, This is what i think is about to happen..

Cheers

Lynx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
According to the Radar it supposed to be snowing here , Nothing yet , [ i reckon we will miss it again] 2nd year running . Looking at Look North news tonight and it looks like we could see rain here , and to the west of me snow ,.[HOW FRUSTRATING]

nigel

By the time the core gets here it will have broken and be just light to moderate sleet. I can't remember the last time the NE had any significant snow (4inch plus) from this type of system. We will have to wait till later in the month when the NE winds bring it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Another MASSIVE band of rain/sleet/snow is about to push up from cornwall, Im expecting large amounts of rain to push up from teh southwest then head NNW ( with the front actually pushing NNE )

As per normal i would expect this to steadly change to sleet & snow across many areas with lying snow already ( thus your cold enough stillf or snow )

Places that saw snow that shortly melted over the course of the day i would expect at most sleet. In theavy bursts this may fall as snow.

This front has some very intense rainfall so i would also expect soem gusts and possibly a few rumbles as it hits teh cold airmass over the UK thus pushing the cloudtops even higher, this in turn may help the rain turn to snow with the colder air pushed down!

Cheers

Lynx

Thanks for that!

Posted
I'm so envious. It rained almost none stop here from mid-day to 7pm, with a short interval between 3-4pm. Finally turned to wet snow shortly after seven, and decides to start sticking just as the band is moving away - UNBELIEVEABLE!

its all swings and roudabouts ...I wish I was over that way when a beast from the east kicks in and you get all the snow....

still coming that way tomoz to my beloved rams though no matter what the weather :blink:

edit... 7-1/2 inches

Edited by derby4life

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
Moderate snow here now,should start falling to areas lower down if it gets heavier.

Is it settling up there?

Posted

Cheers

Lynx

I hope your right, but away from Wales and high ground in the Midlands it's likely to fall as rain, possibily preceeded by sleet.

Posted
my dads totlay stuck he says

tom f123 have you had rain lately? its just cloudy here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Yea i agree, Sleet will probably be teh main focus. However im hoping the short time between the 2 fronts ( Clear skies ) will bring the temp down low enough to help turn to snow .

Posted
still snowing here ...its been snowing since 11.00 this morning :blink:

Nice picture :D But it is like a different world up here :D I think I'm going to cry :D

Posted
its all swings and roudabouts ...I wish I was over that way when a beast from the east kicks in and you get all the snow....

still coming that way tomoz to my beloved rams though no matter what the weather :clap:

An Easterly is really the only time we see anything. I remember getting 30+ snow showers in the course of 12 hours, it amounted to only a few inches! To be honest I'm in a terrible location for most setups. Just to far inland for Northeasterlys, so the winter here is generally mild, and when we get cold spells it's sunsine, isolated showers, and night frosts.

Posted
Yes,it is settling nicely. :clap:

Met office has actually put a weather warning for Durham so its looking good for you lot. I never expected too much from this so i'm not downhearted but very envious of the amounts of snow people got where its rarely snows.

Posted
Met office has actually put a weather warning for Durham so its looking good for you lot. I never expected too much from this so i'm not downhearted but very envious of the amounts of snow people got where its rarely snows.

Lol we have 8 inches!

Met office predicts more snow between 9am and 12pm of tomorrow! yay but the bad news is that it goes sleety after 12pm but its still another 6 hours of snow!