Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storms/Convective General Discussion ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Meto SEVERE WEATHER

Warning issued for Suffolk, Essex, Cambs, an area of storms is exploding around the London area at present and moving North, Looks like an active cell to the South of..........................................SOUTHEND :lol: :lol:

Paul S

:rofl: Thanks for that Paul. I must admit, the humidity is unbearable once again. The clouds are starting to look very menacing - earlier than yesturday too! So could the storms be more intense?? :lol:

Mammatus :lol:

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
Something to keep an eye on Paul. Further development in areas in likely over the coming few hours. Here's some photos showing cloud developing over me.

Mammatus

Hope it comes off Gav :lol: This could be turning to a week to remember for you :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Not Electrical that i have seen but another heavey rain shower over Brum City centre, the third of the day........

very black skys once more!!

Posted

Just to clarify, the Met have issued Severe Weather Warnings for the next few hours for

BEDS

CAMBS

ESSEX

HERTS

GREATER LONDON

I'd expect Suffolk & Norfolk to go RED Soon, before the MCS & The whole of the South East is under a warning "If" the MCS Can stay on the same track!

Paul S

Posted

Heavy thundery rain here and im pleased to announce i also hear thunder. Very Dark too. I think i seen the odd flicker of lightning to. Higham, North Kent

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

I'm getting royaly pee'd off now. Another day where cells have initiated more or less direct on top of me, then moved off and dropped the goodies somewhere else :lol:

Posted

I can see low level clouds moving in an almost bisected section from expected windflow from isobars. There is no surface wind. At all. Can someone, please, check observations of winds between 850hPa and 500hPa. I have no access to these sorts of observations. I wasn't expecting shear...

(ie low level deritus is approaching from a NWW direction, and the general cloud direction is going NNE)

I am currently in Rochester.

Posted

Very drizzly and dull here,quite warm though,is there much thunder activitie due here for the rest of today/overnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Hope it comes off Gav :rofl: This could be turning to a week to remember for you :lol:

Me too Brian, the skies here are full of towering clouds. The the south the skies are turning very dark. Something nasty is developing rapidly.

You are in for something spectacular I think - there is a line of storms mushrooming up from London and heading your way!

Enjoy :lol:

Tamara

Thanks Tamara, Im of out in 5 mins with camara. The sun is helping the rapid convection. I'll keep you updated.

Just to clarify, the Met have issued Severe Weather Warnings for the next few hours for

BEDS

CAMBS

ESSEX

HERTS

GREATER LONDON

I'd expect Suffolk & Norfolk to go RED Soon, before the MCS & The whole of the South East is under a warning "If" the MCS Can stay on the same track!

Paul S

What an afternoon Paul, these storms rapidly developing along with the huge mas of thunderstorms very close to Kent now! Could see some extreme weather in places during the next 4 hours or so.

Mammatus

Posted

How exciting....those cells are amazing in London and Essex - great development in little under an hour - must've been a trigger somewhere :lol: keeping an eye on this 'MCS' too for my area - hopefully I won't miss out :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Storms are developing along a convergence line that runs up from London into the East Midlands - they seem to be organising themselves into a nice line of activity. Also some developments over the convergence line running straight across the country from W to E - about on the level with Birmingham. This is of particular interest to me as any storms that fire here will head my way :lol:

Any thoughts on how far north any systems from the near continent will get. Could i be in for an evening show?

Posted

Looking very dark to my south now, Im sure I heard two distant rumbles too. Feeling very humid and stormy here now. Expecting fireworks soon.

Mammatus

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Yes the Home Brew is going nicely. Hopefully move north and give some more interesting stuff than this light rain and mist.

Posted

Hi all, it's been great to see so many people taking advantage of our 10% discount offer for certain nw extra subscriptions. We're now down to the last few hours of the deal (we have a certain amount of discounts we want to give away, once that is reached the offer will cancel), so if you want to take advantage of a 10% discount and get access to the 5 minute radar, lighting detection etc etc etc in time for what could be a pretty stormy 36 hours in some parts move fast!

Visit this link for more info and to sign up:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/login.pl

Posted

Has anyone seen the latest MetO radar image? Just look at the developing storm NE of London. A beast is growing rapidly heading this way :lol:

Mammatus

Posted
Yes I know exactly how you feel :lol:

Sick isn't it!!

Any one for a laugh this would definately make everyone very Very VERY Happy!!!

http://www.upminsterweather.co.uk/test/ll.htm

If only it wasn't lying!!

Posted
VillagePlank, I've had a look at the charts you requested (and also having difficulty posting them), both 850 and 500 point to a very slack SE'ly at those levels.

Hope that helps :lol:

Access to the charts can be found here: http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoplus/t...mrfcompare.aspx

If I had a video camera I'd film this. There are clouds travelling (in the same area of sky) both N'ly and S'ly. Assuming a track with 500hPa winds, anyone in the path could be in for some serious 'trouble' in the next 60 minutes or so. Got my neighbour to confirm my sightings, too. Very odd behaviour.

Posted
Hi all, it's been great to see so many people taking advantage of our 10% discount offer for certain nw extra subscriptions. We're now down to the last few hours of the deal (we have a certain amount of discounts we want to give away, once that is reached the offer will cancel), so if you want to take advantage of a 10% discount and get access to the 5 minute radar, lighting detection etc etc etc in time for what could be a pretty stormy 36 hours in some parts move fast!

Visit this link for more info and to sign up:

https://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/login.pl

Well worth every penny I say Paul :lol:

Check this out! Things starting to look quite spectacular in the South East :rofl:

Posted
That one NE of London is a corker - white core as well - def one to chase guys! could grow quite large and its only 4pm!

Have watched it from it's inception Mr Cb!! Stuck at work watching it grow to my North East, posted about it on page 4 or 5 I think and now it is a beast!! We are now getting attacked by the juck to the south now, leaden grey skies over C London with very interesting skies to my North East :lol:

Paul S

Posted

Rain (with huge cold drops) started and stopped within two minutes. The beginnings of mamma, too. Wife confirmed that whatever it is above the Medway towns, the clouds are all going in different directions differing in height. Mr Sherman - I suspect this cloud is heading your way. Time to leave work!!

The main system is heading this way, too. My camera is on charge. I am very excited.

Archived