Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow! that latest met office radar slide looks positively evil in the south midlands.....it almost looks like a tropical storm radar movie!.....looks like its slowly sliding north westwards, which will probably put Brum in the firing line in the not too distant future..

Posted
Know this is an off topic post, but just wanted to send my congratulations to Mammatus :lol:

Great piccys ;) Is that Big Storm and Little Storm I see ? :drinks:

Hi Nimbus my friend :)

We are very fortunate to have escaped this horrible mess aren't we.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, it certainly has turned into a nightmare for some.

There are some very eye opening scenes around today.

Brian

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Sitting here thinking whats all the fuss is about :drinks: . By the time the rain gets up here its be lighter and it will be just plain old boring rain rather than anything to heavy/torrential.

It already is just boring rain, nothing thundery on it now. Unfortunately to get to you the system has to pass through the Derby and the Sheffield forcefield. By the time it gets to you it'll probably be a layer of altostratus and no rain.

Posted

I think it's already passed over me. If it hasn't then i don't want to think about what it will be like given how much rain we've already had.

Posted

latest addition to my forecast blog on todays events is about to go in using the 12z surface chart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
I work for the local council and they have issued an emergency for Gloucestershire - all councils are putting their emergency planning teams into action. The rain is apparently due to continue here til 1.00am!!!

Gosh!! monkey! that is terrible it's still raining heavy here non stop. Stoke orchard and Tredington are getting hit really bad here with flooding.The road outside my bungalow is turning into a river :drinks: take care all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

We have been on the edge of this rainband all day. Light rain this morning, and from about 12 noon onwards is just been cloudy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
OT-that will be me in October :) Congrats mate :)

Thanks drgl, goodluck to you also. The feeling is wonderful when they pop there head out :)

Know this is an off topic post, but just wanted to send my congratulations to Mammatus :)

Thankyou Nimbus20, im over the moon. He is always sleeping and feeding :) That was me once :lol:

Thanks Gav, lovely Photos mate you must be really proud :) He is very cute :) (Just the same as Potty is) ;)

Anyway back on topic :)

Thanks Brian, really proud. This last week has been really hectic getting used to no sleep and all the storm watching :drinks:

Yes.. Congrats to Gav!! :)

On topic please.. :)

Cheers PP, sorry for all these off topic messages. Back on topic now.

Drier and brighter here with temperatures rising.

Mammatus

Guest Nimbus20
Hi Nimbus my friend :lol:

We are very fortunate to have escaped this horrible mess aren't we.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, it certainly has turned into a nightmare for some.

There are some very eye opening scenes around today.

Brian

Hi GMG, yes we have been lucky on this side of the country so far. Definately tropical in nature, and its going to take alot of time and money to restore normality in areas greatest hit. May well prove to be worse than June's torrential rain.

And now its Birmingham areas turn, and no doubt others will suffer as the system moves north, although there are signs of weakening.

Despite this, the first test match between England and India, initially rained off this morning, has started once again at Lords. Amazing :drinks: :

Posted

main building society with 1,000 people told to go home early as many hoimes flooding////morrisons road flooding

goldfish swimming across the lawn

we might never se e this ever again

Edited by dogs32

Posted
It already is just boring rain, nothing thundery on it now. Unfortunately to get to you the system has to pass through the Derby and the Sheffield forcefield. By the time it gets to you it'll probably be a layer of altostratus and no rain.

I think there be rain on it still by the time its gets here but light/moderate and nothing exciting. Guess its a good thing it may weaken because me bedroom faces East and with a E wind and heavy rain battering the window i won't be able to sleep so theres it advantages.

Posted

Westbury is sat between the edge of the 'beasty' system and the possible new convergence zone. It's been bright with light showers for the last hour or so, fast moving low cloud from the NNW and a gradual brightening from the South - I'm enjoying watching the slight changes in cloud movement as the LOW drifts to the NE.

Since midnight here there's been 28mm of rain, just West has had half of that, and in Swindon way (as reported by Al etc) they've had nearing 80mm looking at the accumluation on NW Extra! What a difference over a relatively small area!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Hi all. Well i think that there is a state of panic across the area of the vale and Evesham itself! Its a bit reminiscent of the 1998 floods and everyone who was around this area at that time will remmember the serious flooding which occured!

Everywhere is flooded the water is pushing up through the drains and its only a matter of time before some folk have that nightmare of 1998 come back to haunt them. I live by the Rivers Isbourne and Avon and its only a matter of an hour or two before they burst there banks. Im only hoping that the rivers wont get so high as last time. We have had approaching 2.5 inches of rain today a deluge from a thunderstorm last night and its still torrential. Its going to be a horrific night for a lot of folks with some people not getting home and flooded properties..Ilove severe weather but this rain is unprecendented , and i cant BELIEVE its July. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, the very hot and the very cold.
Gosh!! monkey! that is terrible it's still raining heavy here non stop. Stoke orchard and Tredington are getting hit really bad here with flooding.The road outside my bungalow is turning into a river :drinks: take care all

Bishps Cleeve is pretty much impassable. Road into Cheltenham via racecourse also closed. Traffic at a standstill. Winchcombe floaded again. Sure feel soory for the people who has water rushing through their house in Cleeve. They had "go slow" signs for drivers and had dustbins, boxes anything to act as a defence - no chance.

Guest Nimbus20

The back edge of the system is now producing intense-looking cells as it struggles away - some of which are near or over you dogs32. The line is long, stretching into Wales and eastwards Swindon-ish (excuse geography).

Posted
Westbury is sat between the edge of the 'beasty' system and the possible new convergence zone. It's been bright with light showers for the last hour or so, fast moving low cloud from the NNW and a gradual brightening from the South - I'm enjoying watching the slight changes in cloud movement as the LOW drifts to the NE.

Since midnight here there's been 28mm of rain, just West has had half of that, and in Swindon way (as reported by Al etc) they've had nearing 80mm looking at the accumluation on NW Extra! What a difference over a relatively small area!

yes really good cloud activity coming from your way. not sure what its going to do.

can see really black clouds with low sagging pouches heading this way so might be a few sharp showers yet to come for my area

Posted

Had heavy rain here for about three hours. No thunder or lightning, though. Looks as though it'll be completely clear very soon as it pushes northwards. We seem to have escaped the worst of it. The main band has stayed west :drinks:

Posted
loads of flooding...morrisons alarms going off

more rain here than the june storm

Whats the rain like where you are now dogs has it stopped yet or is still as

bad as before

Posted

Low pressure well and truely over the UK.

Wind map by XCWeather

Some localized flooding already but rain is starting to come down harder. Reports of the M6 being a parking lot with visability down to less than 20 feet in places.

Forecast show the low pressure is unlikely to move quickly.

Forecast winds at low level are a little different to actual

Forecast rain fall is a little off as well with the front wrapping around the low quite well.

I think parts of wales, western southern England and western parts of the midlands are in for a fairly prolonged period of heavy rain.

My feeling at the moment is that the low pressure out towards the north sea and the continent is currently weaker than forecast with the result that the low over the UK has a much better structure than it would otherwise. I think the eye of the low will expand and push the rain both northwards and to som extent westwards although I can not see much respite for the likes of checltenham and gloucester for a period yet.

Edited by BrickFielder