Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
Ive just seen the 16:30 met radar :shok:

bang goes another weekend of cricket.... :):):help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

looks like im stuck here at work for the next year. roads outside are just jammed. Not moving at all here in barnwood glos.

Posted

really bad rainfall and flooding here had rain here since 6am till about 2.30pm for about two hours we had very very heavy rain about 50mm thats a record for my area also had two storms in an hour a few streets in my area were badly affected 2 feet deep and man hole covers started to come up and one river burst its banks and luton airport is closed due to flooding cant belive it

Posted

Beautiful afternoon now in Central London. After the darkest, gloomiest July morning i can remember for years, and the storm, it sudenly all cleared around 1pm and we're in now warm sunshine, brilliant blue skies, little fluffy clouds, and absolutely top class air quality ( which has been the redeeming feature of this summer for us city dwellers) has returned.

Wonderful!

Edited by jimmyay

Posted
bang goes another weekend of cricket.... :):):help:

I hate cricket anyway :shok:

moderate rain here now

Guest Nimbus20

Rainfall now getting increasingly heavier - rate now about 25mm/hr. If it lasts long enough there will be problems here too :)

Posted

hi all

im just up the road from tornadomanuk ,just getting some heavy rain now ,have not had too much rain since last night,but as this system swings about ithink its our turn next

my sympathies to anyone suffering at mo

Posted
Yes it's 10 or 15 miles up the road, so it'll have been pretty wet!

Hi Paul Thanks for that :) It is at Welland where he lives if that is familiar to you.

Fortunately I have managed to escape the worst weather today but tonight dosen't look good

athough not too severe.

Posted
I hate cricket anyway :)

moderate rain here now

struggling to upload an image of the radar but rates of 8 to 16mm / re and torrential stuff embedded in this lot coming. dont know how long it will take to move through but seems to be intensifying once it hits land as it comes in off the north sea

Posted
yes its a disaster in the sense of flooding a home that may have taken 20 years to get to the standard it was before the floods came in.

Try going into a house recently flooded, aside from the piles of irreplaceable items, furniture, carpets, etc etc, just smell it. Vile and it will be many many months before some people can live in their home again. Think on that when you celebrate Xmas in your dining room!

yea the first pic was a road were 4 ft of water is in places...and people didnt like me taking pics...wich I understand...very sad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

If all this rain was also producing big thunderstorms i thinkw e would be in for even worse.

Lucky for most, the power systems are coping. Im sure they wouldnt if we had a lot of strikes.

So at least we have power still.. Just a lot of water :)

Posted
yea the first pic was a road were 4 ft of water is in places...and people didnt like me taking pics...wich I understand...very sad

This year is totally unprescedented - and will affect everyone (insurance hikes etc) for sure IMO. I have only been glancing at the images but to be honest by what i have seen it lookes equally as bad if not worse to what we suffered last time. I just hope the rain now progged for our area moves through pretty quick or people are going to flood again.

i hope there will be no loss of life today!

Posted

Heavy rain is not too far away from me here now in Rotherham S66 according to the NW radar ........ my sister just rang from Alcudia ( Majorca ) where the temp was 28°c . She asked what it was like here so i told her we were having a bit of rain again and we were'nt too far behind in temperture at just 12.4°c

Edited by Delta76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I think Worcester, Hereford, East Wales, Shropshire, Chelts, Glouc will have the highest totals no one will beat those

Posted
Rainfall now getting increasingly heavier - rate now about 25mm/hr. If it lasts long enough there will be problems here too :)

Stay safe and everyone else in the bad hit areas.

Posted

The wind is starting to concern me a bit!!! Does anyone know how strong it's due to get? there were alot of branches down on the way back home!

Posted
If all this rain was also producing big thunderstorms i thinkw e would be in for even worse.

Lucky for most, the power systems are coping. Im sure they wouldnt if we had a lot of strikes.

So at least we have power still.. Just a lot of water :)

yes I agree...lynxus tell your boss Warden hill quite bad in places.....Bournemouth school road area man hole covers I saw off water shooting out

he will know the area(watch out for manhole covers)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
really bad rainfall and flooding here had rain here since 6am till about 2.30pm for about two hours we had very very heavy rain about 50mm thats a record for my area also had two storms in an hour a few streets in my area were badly affected 2 feet deep and man hole covers started to come up and one river burst its banks and luton airport is closed due to flooding cant belive it

Surprised by that did not start raining untill 10.30am and was dry again by 12ish, it was a mad couple of hours heavy rain thunder and lightning

Posted

ONLY A MATTER OF TIME FOR THIS TO HAPPEN I AM AFRAID

River Great Ouse from Brackley to Thornborough

Received at: Severe Flood Warning

16:24 on 20-Jul-2007 Westbury, Water Stratford, Tingewick, Radclive and Buckingham

River Dene from Wellesbourne to Charlecote Park

16:37 on 20-Jul-2007 River Dene from Wellesbourne to Charlecote Park

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

River Isbourne from Sedgeberrow to Hinton-on-the-Green

15:49 on 20-Jul-2007 River Isbourne from Sedgeberrow to Hinton-on-the-Green

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

River Stour from Shipston-on-Stour to Clifford Chambers

15:37 on 20-Jul-2007 The River Stour from Shipston-on-Stour to Clifford Chambers including Tredington

TORRENTIAL RAIN NOW IN NE LINCS

Edited by turna

Posted
Stay safe and everyone else in the bad hit areas.

Hi Kelly :help:

Did you manage to upload any pics from this morning, I haven't had chance to search through the threads yet.

Where is Russ today?

Brian :)

Posted

Is there any storms forecast for this area?

Might have to prepare for flooding in my road if so

saying that this rain is heavy anyway..non stop

Posted

we're getting some gale force gusts now!!!!!! what with the ground being so wet, there couild be an added danger of falling trees!!! take care out there folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

What caused the intensity of the rain to increase as it headed North? Almost as if it meant to unload more misery on those previously badly affected :help::)

Edited by w0033944

Posted

The Gloucestershire Fire Service has released the following statement;

"From approximately 12pm today, Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Fire Control dealt with more than 200 calls within an hour, to reports of flooding across the county, including properties which had several feet of water inside them. The worst hit area appears to be the East of the County including the North Cotswolds, Cheltenham and Gloucester, and the emergency calls are continuing to pour in this afternoon.