Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
Everything :o particulary with my subscription going up yesterday :(

I would at least expect some true facts :(

Ah yes, I forgot the dollar sign in the name - should be called $ky.

I must admit I barely bother with Sky News now, and won't miss it if it leaves Freeview. I find BBC News 24 to be superior in every aspect.

Anyway, back on topic - some pictures of how the rain has affected a few villages in South Northamptonshire:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/Editoria...p;SectionID=255

Posted
Ups and downs, John - like everybody's job. Could do without days like today - even my bones feel wet.

I do have a question though - what's the wind direction likely to be around midnight tonight (high water for this part of the world)? - we've got a 6m tide progged for midnight tonight - with a E, NE or ENE, this might present us with a few problems relating to tidal lock. Might not be an issue tonight but could be tomorrow if the damned rain doesn't stop.

back in a tic, but I fear around that direction.

yep, it looks like the low will exit the Norfolk coast with a ne wind for the area you are interested in, anywhere between 010 and 060 degrees and 15-20mph, possibly higher at times, chiefly early in the night.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
Well I have just been listening to the crap on Sky T.V. where the weather person

said that this is all down to global warming because of more heat and instability in the atmosphere

What utter Rubbish!!!!!!!!!

mm funny how ive noticed from video footage, that the most likely places that are flooded seem to be new built house areas! that is obviously flood plain anyway but now diverts the water further down . if you ask me i think the government has done what they do in china, ya know, where they fly planes and put those chemicals in the sky to make it rain, just to get on to evryone about global warming so they can tax us more in different ways! well thats my thoughts anyway lol : ) :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
Those are amazing pictures, is the A40 flooded all ways into chelts?

No; it is flooded but not so badly (about a foot deep) just by the GCHQ on the entrance to Cheltenham and at that section that I showed on the photographs... I was going to go further but when I got to that massive area of flooding I'd seen enough - it was pretty impassable, and with the flood defenses overflowing it would have risen quickly. I just hope noone's been hurt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
back in a tic, but I fear around that direction.

yep, it looks like the low will exit the Norfolk coast with a ne wind for the area you are interested in, anywhere between 010 and 060 degrees and 15-20mph, possibly higher at times, chiefly early in the night.

Thanks John - Yet another variable to add into an increasingly complex mix.

Incidentally, It's just stopped raining here. :)

Posted

yes, the main heavy band has pushed through, probably further rain at times though but nothing like the intensity its just been in this area.

Posted
mm funny how ive noticed from video footage, that the most likely places that are flooded seem to be new built house areas! that is obviously flood plain anyway but now diverts the water further down . if you ask me i think the government has done what they do in china, ya know, where they fly planes and put those chemicals in the sky to make it rain, just to get on to evryone about global warming so they can tax us more in different ways! well thats my thoughts anyway lol : ) :)

And I thought I was cynical :)

The forecast says heavy rain for me tonight however there is only a few heavy showers with some patchy light rain to left to come past me. Is it ment to reintencify or somthing?

Lets hope not. The radar seems to indicate the opposite, so I shouldn't think so.

Posted

the met office 80% circle was so spot on....the rotation as been over these areas all day

The GL1 Leisure Centre in Gloucester has been opened as a refuge centre for flooding victims.

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I'm talking to a friend who is trying to get back home to cheltenham, but they cant get there they are stuck at gloucester

Posted
I'm talking to a friend who is trying to get back home to cheltenham, but they cant get there they are stuck at gloucester

can they try the cirencester bybass...better check it first though

infact it might be best for them to stay there unless they know a clear route

Trickey reckons you still can just about get down the golden valley bypass

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

dogs - not sure about golden valley... didn't go that far, only up to the roundabout just before the GCHQ...

i gtg now

cya

Posted
dogs - not sure about golden valley... didn't go that far, only up to the roundabout just before the GCHQ...

i gtg now

cya

ok.cya..

daniel forget my advice

Posted
mm funny how ive noticed from video footage, that the most likely places that are flooded seem to be new built house areas! that is obviously flood plain anyway but now diverts the water further down . if you ask me i think the government has done what they do in china, ya know, where they fly planes and put those chemicals in the sky to make it rain, just to get on to evryone about global warming so they can tax us more in different ways! well thats my thoughts anyway lol : ) :)

Hi Lian :) Welcome to Netweather by the way.

I hadn't really noticed that, regards the new houses I will look out for it though.

I think though this month has seen some astounding rainfall totals, and even places where I

live I have seen areas flooded which I have never witnessed before.

It annoys me when people quickly jump on th AGW band wagon whenever there are any

weather extremes, without producing the relevant facts

Brian.

Posted
Hi Lian :) Welcome to Netweather by the way.

I hadn't really noticed that, regards the new houses I will look out for it though.

I think though this month has seen some astounding rainfall totals, and even places where I

live I have seen areas flooded which I have never witnessed before.

It annoys me when people quickly jump on th AGW band wagon whenever there are any

weather extremes, without producing the relevant facts

Brian.

She's got a point GMG all the houses in Catcliffe near Rotherham that were flooded a few weeks back are fairly new .

Posted
She's got a point GMG all the houses in Catcliffe near Rotherham that were flooded a few weeks back are fairly new .

Thanks Delta :) I will take your word for it.

I don't really know much about Rotherham apart from they have a bad football team :)

Posted
Thanks Delta :) I will take your word for it.

I don't really know much about Rotherham apart from they have a bad football team :)

Just one off topic post ...... yer not wrong there mate .

light rain here now all the heavy stuff has pushed North of here .

Posted
Well I have just been listening to the crap on Sky T.V. where the weather person

said that this is all down to global warming because of more heat and instability in the atmosphere

What utter Rubbish!!!!!!!!!

They forgot to mention a very S-ly jet is what`s causing this then.

A very concering spell this is raining heavy here now and it`s not going to stop even into tomorrow. :)

This summer is unprecidented.

Posted
Just been on the phone to my brother who lives in Cheltenham. He's supposed to be well into the journey up here (he's doing the C2C bike ride) having set out nearly 3 hours ago, but hasn't actually managed to get out of Cheltenham yet and has had to turn around and go home!

wibs what part of Cheltenham so I get a idea of all the areas effected

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

bath2_470x300.jpg

Bath road? Cheltenham , sorry I dont know the names very well :S thats not near the town centre is it?/ jesus

Posted
Just one off topic post ...... yer not wrong there mate .

light rain here now all the heavy stuff has pushed North of here .

York is the same Delta :)

Still have steady rain falling here. On another day it would have seemed quite bad,

but compared to other places today it seems very insignificant.