Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Moving through pretty quickly much quicker than I thought orgianlly. Almost out of the main rain band now with the sun trying to come out. Basically a heavy shower.

I'm afraid to say that you've yet to get the second batch - the curl of cloud and associated rain is passing over you, and you're currently in the "eye". :(

Posted
Keep me updated on this, as I know 2 people driving from bristol, and oxford aswell to cheltenham this evening

how is it around the town centre?

not sure....all i know is many roads are flooding...I couldnt get far didnt wont to ruin my car as some places it was 3foot,so I tried another way ended up in a traffic jam due to the road being a river so turned back.only took a few pics as people were pxxxed off because they have raw sewage in houses

The info Ive got is from people ringing me....like JohnHolmes said they are worried about the after effects on the rivers.

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Thanks Brian, :( I'm over the moon, he is a cheeky little monkey :(

Here's a photo of him

post-1600-1184938312_thumb.jpg

post-1600-1184938241_thumb.jpg Me and Harry:D

Anyway back on topic, just been watching SkyNews and News24, some incredible images from London and other areas of southern England. The rainfall must have been torrential!

It's still moderate rain here, currently on 21mm, bearly an inch.

Mammatus

awesome pic mammatus :D i know its off topic but i dont care,he's a belter :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
I'm afraid to say that you've yet to get the second batch - the curl of cloud and associated rain is passing over you, and you're currently in the "eye". :(

Nope nothing to the SE of us of note and the stuff towards Bristol is at the moment dying away. Just light showers from now on.

Posted

It's reached the north east....just started raining, not a great deal at the moment but the temp has dropped, skies looking wild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Nope nothing to the SE of us of note and the stuff towards Bristol is at the moment dying away. Just light showers from now on.

I was thinking about the stuff that had affected Gloucestershire etc., but now looking at the radar again, you're right, it's a south-east to north-west movement, so it does look like you're in the clear. :(

My weather map though was spot on, good job I didn't change it. We also haven't seen the worst yet, the water is still running down through the rivers. A fair bit more flooding to come.

Edited by Magpie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
do remember that when it does stop or at least ease off raining that is not the end of flooding, not by any means.

Yes its been on my mind all day, when the rain stops the rivers don't stop rising for a few days in some cases, very worrying now for people next to rivers, in places they are sadly becoming old hands at this.

I got some pictures of a funnel or rather the start of one in the Solent earlier, well maybe :D:D I'll post them in weather photographs later with some others.

From the island it is possible to make out the Dark mass beyond The South Downs, it looked very nasty a couple of hours ago from the Downs above Ventnor, our highest point.

A memorable event, terribly unfortunate for some. :(

Regards,

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

House insurance will be going up next year. They'll be getting globbered as the People in the south start claiming. Listening to it on the news and you can hear the idiots in the cars beeping away. Numb skulls.

Just been caught again by the trailing edge of the rain band.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

we have normal rain now without it being heavy for the first time in 10hrs

one of my friends is in deep shock...she just had new lamminate flooring put down last year now she as a few feet of sewage

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The occlusion bringing the rain over Lincs, Yorks, NW England down across Wales and parts of central/western England currently looks like moving little from now until 1200hrs tomorrow, a slight North movement over N. England of the frontal boundary but it remains pretty stationary over Wales ... quite worrying for prolonged rain/flooding over these areas then:

This is the 18z tonight and 00z Saturday synoptic progs from UKMO:

18z:

post-1052-1184951360_thumb.png

00z:

post-1052-1184951369_thumb.png

front still lingering by 12z (T+24) tomorrow noon:

post-1052-1184951432_thumb.png

Posted
The occlusion bringing the rain over Lincs, Yorks, NW England down across Wales and parts of central/western England currently looks like moving little from now until 1200hrs tomorrow, a slight North movement over N. England of the frontal boundary but it remains pretty stationary over Wales ... quite worrying for prolonged rain/flooding over these areas then:

Thanks for that Nick :( a very very concerning situation.

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Some very sad footage of some poor woman who'd just raced home from work to find her two cats had drowned at home. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not much rain here, about 2 hours of moderate rain - no sign of thunder.

Whens my next chance to see a thunderstorm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Good afternoon folks (though it really isn't for a lot of people and as John says, the worst in terms of water levels might not be for hours or days yet). I've been out again with the local drainage board - rain started here around 4pm and has been relentless since, moderate or heavy and looking at the Met Office radar we only just on the northern edge of the heaviest band. There was also a couple of rumbles of thunder in the last ten minutes.

Telemetry data on a few of the drainage board main water courses is showing that the Wolds is obviously getting a soaking and we're starting to see a small rise in water levels in the highland catchments. This is alarming when considered in conjunction with the Met office warning for rain here until perhaps 2 or 3 tomorrow morning. I'm out again at 8 pm and back at around 11 for what could be a pretty unpleasant night.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
Some very sad footage of some poor woman who'd just raced home from work to find her two cats had drowned at home. :(

Yeh saw that on the bbc news, her business was flooded, she got home and the cats had drowned , must of be very high water as cats are normally quite smart enough to climb or hide in places.

Posted

Rain intensifying yet again. I thought we'd seen the worst of it, but maybe not. Time for Metoffice to issue a new weather warning for Northamptonshire like the rest of the East Midlands?