Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
The wind is starting to concern me a bit!!! Does anyone know how strong it's due to get? there were alot of branches down on the way back home!

This link may help you c h :)

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Brian

Posted

A spokeswoman said: "We are receiving many calls to people trapped in cars in flood water and would urge all motorists approaching flooded roads to stop and not take the risk of driving into the flood. If people do find themselves in flood water but can get out of their vehicles safely, we would urge them to do so while being wary of hazards under the water."

The Greyhound estate in Longlevens has flooded again after Horsbere brook burst its banks this afternoon.

The estate, which flooded in last month's severe weather, saw flood water entering homes this afternoon.

sorry monkey uk

Edited by dogs32

Posted
This link may help you c h :)

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Brian

thanks matey!!! seems a little less windy now that the back edge of the main rainband has gone through

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
did say they would be a while ago Pit!

also my latest chart available here

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1028061

reading some of the above posts re Lincs/Yorks, I am mystified why warnings were not issued earlier but then I'm only a retired amateur forecaster!

John they were but when the belt started dying down they removed them which seemed logical I suppose. It changed quite rapidly in just over hour an a half after two O' clock so the warnings went back up. At least they've reacted to the weather and managed to put the warnings back up before the rain arrived.

Light to Moderate Rain here with the odd heavier burst mixed in. However thats enough to cause flooding on our badly maintained roads and drainage system. Glad I'm not walking home at the moment as it would yet another pair drenched trainers.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

traffic bad around glos..some cars grid locked....m50 closed flood/bishops cleeve/

*The A417 in Lechlade

*The A48 at Stroat

*The B4216

graups

yea but its water collected down a hill by a bridge tredworth...neverless you dont wont to be in a car in that

Is this ever going to end

Edited by dogs32

Posted
The rain is slowly getting heavier here now and looks set

to last for quite a while

Yep :) Still dry here TRL, but I can see the nasty stuff is edging closer to me.

Could be a wet night for me.

Guest Nimbus20

Still raining here at around the 20-25mm/hr rate.

It is worth looking at BBC News 24 or Sky News for a look at the flooding. I can tell you that it is very, very bad :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Nothing happening down here, just a gloomy and chilly day with a few light showers.

Take care everyone in the rain band.

Posted
There's gonna be some bad flooding :)

post-3546-1184949084_thumb.png

Hi Albert :help: is there any possibility that you could put your location in your avatar,

to help us all know what area you are from.....Thanks :shok:

Just being studying the N.W overlay and I'm hoping that the Easterly winds I have at 750hpa

might just help steer the worst of this rainband away from my area before it pushes Northwards.

I can't keep up with all this :) There seems to be chaos in numerous places today.

Is this really summer Andy?

Posted

just take a look at the Dundee sat picc and pick the infra red of the Uk to see why its raining so much, very impressive picture.

before I get told off for not using Net Wx, its broke!! - Paul??

post-847-1184950097_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Main band should been through here in about an hour unless it grinds to a halt. Shouldn't cause major problems though. Barometer nose diving at the moment though.

Posted

they are worried about the river severn now...rose afoot in a hr.

still rain here heavy as always..7 rivers on alert expect to get worse latest info

Posted

do remember that when it does stop or at least ease off raining that is not the end of flooding, not by any means.

Check the Net Wx radar over the past 10-12 hours for totals and where the highest values are.

The catchment areas for rivers like the Severn and its tributaries, possibly the Trent, and heaven forbid again the Don if this rainband gets stuck over the ne derbyshire Peak District.

Obviously there are other areas that will be affected by water flowing down from catchment areas, I've just highlighted what I feel could be the worst.

the following is the number being reported by Wx Online as recording over 1 inch already

trans2.gif

Odiham (118 m)51.0 Kenley (170 m)44.0 Benson (57 m)42.0 Charlwood (58 m)41.0 High Wycombe (205 m)40.0 London-Heathrow AP (25 m)38.0 Shoreham Airport (2 m)34.0 Great Malvern (44 m)33.0 Pershore (31 m)28.0 Hereford/Credenhill (76 m)27.0 Lyneham (147 m)27.0 Farnborough (64 m)25.0 Northolt (39 m)25.0

their site

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
they are worried about the river severn now...rose afoot in a hr.

still rain here heavy as always..7 rivers on alert expect to get worse latest info

Keep me updated on this, as I know 2 people driving from bristol, and oxford aswell to cheltenham this evening

how is it around the town centre?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
do remember that when it does stop or at least ease off raining that is not the end of flooding, not by any means.

Check the Net Wx radar over the past 10-12 hours for totals and where the highest values are.

The catchment areas for rivers like the Severn and its tributaries, possibly the Trent, and heaven forbid again the Don if this rainband gets stuck over the ne derbyshire Peak District.

Obviously there are other areas that will be affected by water flowing down from catchment areas, I've just highlighted what I feel could be the worst.

the following is the number being reported by Wx Online as recording over 1 inch already

trans2.gif

Odiham (118 m)51.0 Kenley (170 m)44.0 Benson (57 m)42.0 Charlwood (58 m)41.0 High Wycombe (205 m)40.0 London-Heathrow AP (25 m)38.0 Shoreham Airport (2 m)34.0 Great Malvern (44 m)33.0 Pershore (31 m)28.0 Hereford/Credenhill (76 m)27.0 Lyneham (147 m)27.0 Farnborough (64 m)25.0 Northolt (39 m)25.0

their site

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/

I think pershore is incorrect that should be 128 as it has the highest recorded rainfall in the country at the moment

Posted

Moving through pretty quickly much quicker than I thought orgianlly. Almost out of the main rain band now with the sun trying to come out. Basically a heavy shower.

Posted
just take a look at the Dundee sat picc and pick the infra red of the Uk to see why its raining so much, very impressive picture.

before I get told off for not using Net Wx, its broke!! - Paul??

post-847-1184950097_thumb.jpg

That is an unbelievable satellite image John. I am astounded by the denseness of that cloud.