Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
Hereford is going to be cut off soon. Rain is as heavy as it has been all day. Surely well over 4 inches now here. Places which I thought could never flood, are now beginning to flood....

EXACTLY the same thought here

Torrential rain now

Ive lost count of the sirens ive heard here

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
PottyProf - unless the rain stops falling relatively soon, Catcliffe is going to be in trouble again. The River Rother was still very high even before the rain began at 4pm this afternoon. Since then it has intensified and the forecast does not appear to offer great hope. Rotherham Council say they are better prepared this time. We will see.

It's the same across large parts of Northern England - the water levels in our rivers and main drains are lower than they've been for weeks on the back of some concerted pumping, however our aquifers are brim-full and the highland catchments are completely saturated. On the back of that we have to get pumps off-line at some point in order to maintain them - they're not designed to be constantly working for weeks on end. There's literally nowhere for water to go except the drains and rivers and it gets there extremely quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
God its like glos area got a target on it...gone realy heavy again

check out this escape from water

http://www.gloucestershireecho.co.uk/displ...tentPK=17889564

Trickey are you there or

jane

Hi dogs

It's still raining heavy here to.I've never known anything like it! Our road outside has quietened down now with hardly any traffic.I think we are going to be stranded here! That news is really terrible and quite scary.Hows it going around your way.Keep safe and take care.

Posted
Torrential rain here at the moment but looking at the latest

meto radar it shouldn't last too long

Check the EA website TRL - the water courses in your neck of the woods went onto a flood warning as of twenty to seven this evening, as has the River Lud in Louth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I think these four pictures sum up today perfectly.

The first is a car which got stuck trying to go under a road bridge (ages ago - it'll be impassable now)

The second... is the river Chelt where our newly installed flood defenses have just overflowed.

The third is a friend's garden which was unbelievable.

The fourth is the A40 between Sandford road roundabout and Hailes crossing where the overflowing defenses have completely washed out the road and caused gridlock and breakdowns.

Everyone I have spoken to describes this as worse than the June floods (the barrier never overflowed then) and the worst they've ever seen.

post-2951-1184954101_thumb.jpg

post-2951-1184954200_thumb.jpg

post-2951-1184954316_thumb.jpg

post-2951-1184954458_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Well I have just been listening to the crap on Sky T.V. where the weather person

said that this is all down to global warming because of more heat and instability in the atmosphere

What utter Rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Not the ever-mimickable Francis Wilson? :(

Posted
:( Well still torrential here in Swindon 'by the sea?' :( A family friend in South London, Croydon area sent me these pics taken in the last couple of hours.!!! :o

wallington.jpg

:(

Yes but what you did not realise is this is what they found when the water went down a bit:

BRIDGE.jpg

:o

Edited by HighPressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Yes but what you did not realise is this is what they found when the water went down a bit:

BRIDGE.jpg

:(

I'm sure profanity isn't allowed here, so all I will say is: that's scary!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
Dogs32 it is actually very worrying, there is apparently only one way to get into Hereford now....

How? do you know if the a49 is closed

Posted
Dogs32 it is actually very worrying, there is apparently only one way to get into Hereford now....

yes I know I go through that way to dimmock to to trumpets pub...must be bad there

Jane wondered about you as I think we have never had so much rain before and now it torrential again...the flood plain of tewskbury will be the worst

possible for years because of severn

Good pics Trickey

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Our total for 24hrs to 1800 is 14.8mm, a little more than I expected, but at least the day itself was mainly dry apart from a shower at 0815 and 1600.

Posted
Well I have just been listening to the crap on Sky T.V. where the weather person

said that this is all down to global warming because of more heat and instability in the atmosphere

What utter Rubbish!!!!!!!!!

What exactly are you referring to Brian - Sky TV, the quality of Sky's reporting or both? :(

Posted

The rain does seem to be relenting just a smidge, but it's still coming down. I've got to got back out in half an hour, and my waterproofs no longer are.

God, I hate this summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
I think these four pictures sum up today perfectly.

Those are amazing pictures, is the A40 flooded all ways into chelts?

Posted
What exactly are you referring to Brian - Sky TV, the quality of Sky's reporting or both? :(

Everything :o particulary with my subscription going up yesterday :(

I would at least expect some true facts :o

Well steady rain has reached me now, although nothing very heavy just yet

Edited by grab my graupels

Posted

Two Mile Lane in Highnam, the A40 Lansdown Road in Cheltenham, the A417 at Maisemore, the A435 and Hyde Lane in Bishop's Cleeve, the A48 at Westbury-upon-Severn and the B4215 at Newent are all badly flooded.

Other roads affected include:

*B4632 (High Street) in Cheltenham high street flood

*New Barn Close in Prestbury

*Tredworth Road in Gloucester

*The A417 in Lechlade

*The A48 at Stroat

*The B4216 at Dymock

*Old Cheltenham Road, Gloucester

And that was 2.45

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Trickey was that up by Lynworth

man things getting realy bad here people no joke

You are certainly correct there, there are at least 4 serious incidents taking place around Hereford/Worcestershire, a lot of problems are being caused by fire appliances and ambulances not being able to get to incidents due to floods and abandoned vehicles. Helicopters have been called to the Evesham area to help.