Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st (pt2)

Posted
Some very sad footage of some poor woman who'd just raced home from work to find her two cats had drowned at home. :D

Aawww! that is really sad :( I'm sure Tamara will be upset to hear that news too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

DOGS32!!! Our FLOOD DEFENSES HAVE JUST OVERFLOWED!!!! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Ive just been cycling and its rly bad ambulances, police cars, fire engines... everywhere everywhere is getting flooded

Posted
DOGS32!!! Our FLOOD DEFENSES HAVE JUST OVERFLOWED!!!! :(

its going to get worse before it gets better...seven rising fast..river chelt I was told was bad

Ive just been cycling and its rly bad ambulances, police cars, fire engines... everywhere everywhere is getting flooded

yea trickey...ive heard that all day in distance...you should of come down to hatherley..the streets were or still are torrents of water(Warden hill)

trickey got friends in 3 foot of water

most of my lessons were cancelled due to flooding they couldnt get here

Edited by dogs32

Posted

My heart goes out to everyone down there Trickey. After seeing Catcliffe's impenetrable defences go twice in recent years it's pretty much a disheartening situation. I hope everyone is safe.

Posted
My heart goes out to everyone down there Trickey. After seeing Catcliffe's impenetrable defences go twice in recent years it's pretty much a disheartening situation. I hope everyone is safe.

yea we have to pick the peices of this girl whos just had a baby her place is 3 foot of sewage...here more sirens

raining heavy again

Ive just took her cat from her(little bill)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

All this reminds me of 2000?? Can't remember when but somewhen arond there where Winchester city centre was flooded and Daniel remembers York being flooded also. Does any one have the details of these events? I've been looking up on the net but cant find any thing ... !

Posted

Hereford is at a stand still. Everywhere is flooding. Belmont Road, Merton Meadow Car Park, The Racecourse. Westfields Football Club. Widemarsh Common, Bromyard, Ross Road, Holmer School and the local Leisure Centre.

Posted
Good afternoon folks (though it really isn't for a lot of people and as John says, the worst in terms of water levels might not be for hours or days yet). I've been out again with the local drainage board - rain started here around 4pm and has been relentless since, moderate or heavy and looking at the Met Office radar we only just on the northern edge of the heaviest band. There was also a couple of rumbles of thunder in the last ten minutes.

Telemetry data on a few of the drainage board main water courses is showing that the Wolds is obviously getting a soaking and we're starting to see a small rise in water levels in the highland catchments. This is alarming when considered in conjunction with the Met office warning for rain here until perhaps 2 or 3 tomorrow morning. I'm out again at 8 pm and back at around 11 for what could be a pretty unpleasant night.

I don't envy you your job at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Nightmare in Shrewsbury today, but does not sound as bad as further south... torrential rain from 10am untill 5.30, roads flooded all over the place and the A5 around town a nightmare....

if its the same in North Wales then were looking at flooding of the town center tonight, apparently the severn is predicted to up over a meter and a half through till midnight... mental...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Skies have cleared here in the last three-quarters of an hour - almost no cloud here apart from what I think is cirrostratus to the NW. Terribly sad about the lady with the cats; my heart goes out to her. :(

Posted

Dear oh dear, things are getting extremely serious in this area, just heard that a caravan has been sept into the river with people still inside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...
Dear oh dear, things are getting extremely serious in this area, just heard that a caravan has been sept into the river with people still inside.

That sounds VERY serious!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
I don't envy you your job at all.

Ups and downs, John - like everybody's job. Could do without days like today - even my bones feel wet.

I do have a question though - what's the wind direction likely to be around midnight tonight (high water for this part of the world)? - we've got a 6m tide progged for midnight tonight - with a E, NE or ENE, this might present us with a few problems relating to tidal lock. Might not be an issue tonight but could be tomorrow if the damned rain doesn't stop.

Posted

I couldn't agree more Potty mate. This summer has been a joke IMO.

Like you the main thing is that everyone stays safe.

I concider myself fortunate to live where I do and that I aren't affected by flooding.

I do know people who have been and it is not very nice, I am certain of that.

I sincerely wish those who have been affected (no matter how trivial it may seem to others)

all the best.

Brian

Posted

Just seen local forecast and it says rain carrying on throughout the night and the meto updated forecast says heavy rain for me tonight. However looking at the radar it lookms as though it is clearing with some light patchy rain behind it.

Posted

I agree! I live on top of a hill extremely lucky!! I am off to town now to order from Pizza hut and while I am waiting I am going to go round the river and see if its flooded.

Posted

PottyProf - unless the rain stops falling relatively soon, Catcliffe is going to be in trouble again. The River Rother was still very high even before the rain began at 4pm this afternoon. Since then it has intensified and the forecast does not appear to offer great hope. Rotherham Council say they are better prepared this time. We will see.

Posted

Torrential rain here at the moment but looking at the latest

meto radar it shouldn't last too long

Posted

Well I have just been listening to the crap on Sky T.V. where the weather person

said that this is all down to global warming because of more heat and instability in the atmosphere

What utter Rubbish!!!!!!!!!

Edited by grab my graupels