Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms 20/21st July --->

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Current 24hr totals have Brize Norton (Oxon) on 125mm, Great Malvern (Worcs) on 89mm ... I'm sure local spots have recorded more than this in places:

Brize Norton (81 m) 125.0

Great Malvern (44 m) 89.0

Lyneham (147 m) 63.0

Hereford/Credenhill (76 m) 61.0

Odiham (118 m) 58.0

24hr N-W radar accumulations:

post-1052-1184968319_thumb.png

The occlusion bringing the persistent rain over Wales, West of England and Nern England will slowly edge North over England but the western edge looks to linger over Wales over the next 12hrs, rain should generally become lighter but the persistence of rain over Western and Nern areas over the next 12hrs over what has already fallen will continue to cause river levels to rise tomorrow.

Heavy showers area likely to develop in the clearer skies with insolation over Sern England in the afternoon to the South of the slow moving cloud and rain band over Wales and Nern England, hail and thunder possible with the showers.

post-1052-1184968678_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

local news normally closed down about now,with just music or bbc world service but the bbc are keeping the station open all night.

thats never happened before as far as I know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Same here, though it does demonstrate that a lousy day can be made that little bit worse by having to sit through Simply Red, Swing Out Sister or M People to get that bit of useful information!

River Lud in Louth has now burst its banks and high water hasn't been reached yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Looking at the rainfall accumulation for today, that will be enough to make the Severn flood over the next day or two without adding any more.

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

One of my friends who lives in pershore says there has been a cataclysmic amount of rain; everywheres flooded and not even from the river. They're worried about the next day or two as the water heads down. Widespread flooding and chaos not seen in living memory.

Posted

I'd agree, pershore isn't looking pretty at all, river and non river flooding and a lot of water to head into the river and head downstream, it could be a difficult few days for many in the town and surrounding areas.

Posted
I'd agree, pershore isn't looking pretty at all, river and non river flooding and a lot of water to head into the river and head downstream, it could be a difficult few days for many in the town and surrounding areas.

Hope the n-w server is safe.

Posted

Lol, theyre tucked up in a datacentre in london, and if this place gets flooded by the river (have had some rainwater flooding issues here today) it'll be a major suprise, am safely (I hope) on high enough ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Hope the n-w server is safe.

Now I am worried even from here :huh:

Just seen your reply Paul, good.

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Sorry it seems it was a Mallard ducks that were spotted not fish. bbc hereford and worcester :S

Posted

Flood sirens now sounding in Horncastle, though 'as a precaution'.

Water levels in Louth, Horncastle and villages in the Wolds are still rising, as are water levels in parts of the Fens. Going to be a long night, given that it's still raining here.

Posted

it is chucking it down yet again here in grantham and the wind is blowing quite strong, throwing the rain against the window. at least it isnt as bad as it sound in louth and horncatsle, with the river withan being only small.

Posted

I understand you have had the RAF S&R helicopter about your area most of the evening.

Posted

Final total for yesterday's rainfall here was 138.8mm :o And it's now started raining again!

As a comparison, the 71-00 average for the whole of July in this area is about 44mm .......

Helicopters buzzing the town last night - and 62 people rescued from rooftops in the village of Sedgeberrow, just south of Evesham. Railway flooded. River level will be rising for the next 24 hours. More rain expected today.

(On a personal note, the road outside my house flooded briefly but never even reached my drive let alone my house. My shop had one small leak upstairs but otherwise again safe)

Posted

Good morning - started the day by being awoken by Flood sirens and more rain, which kicked off my saturday in a disturbingly panic-stricken way.

The north end of town near tescos is starting to go under water

Posted

Hi all , not sure if this tally's up with other peoples readings for around my area or close to my area but have had 27 mm of rain since this time yesterday . If anyone else fairly close like Potty , John Holmes and Pit could post there readings i would be interested to see them .

Delta

Posted

well what a day yesterday....rain like Ive never seen before.

Anyone trying to get to gloucestershire

/herefordshire I wouldnt..local news say loads of roads closed...to easy to get stranded in places

Its raining here again but not heavy like yesterday

Posted

On a good note..just been out on roads around Warden hill/Hatherley/ free from flooding now.I am no longer a Island :o

will go down in memory for here

Edited by dogs32

Posted

It wasn't nearly as long lasting here but my location got the very eastern side of the heavy mas sof rain and while it only lasted 2hrs I can well believ that flooding has been severe, there was a heck of a lot of standing water yesterday afternoon even here and the rainfall at one point was more like a thunderstorm around midday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Cheltenham (with A40 Golden Valley flooding), Tetbury and Badgeworth in Gloucestershire all made headlines today in the telegraph!