Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms 20/21st July --->

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
The rain has returned here after a mainly dry morning. 27mm since yesterday. Some big showers west of london now, too.

Surprised you've got that much out done us by 10mm.

Surprised you've got that much out done us by 10mm.

The rain set in mid to late afternoon and was very heavy on and off for several hours. I did look at the gauge from a distance in the evening about 10ish and it was just below 20mm, so last night saw some decent rainfall too.

Posted
not looking good for monday I need bekas ARK

I'm sick of his bloooody rain!!! :huh: I need heat. I am going to look up a holiday for September to somewhere nice and hot. If someone can tell me where the Ark is placed I will go out and get it and come and pick you all up. Just make sure to move as much rubble and mess as you can we don't want to get a hole in the bottom of it or we are all doomed! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Showing a few more showers coming of france hopefully will make it over the channel.

The showers to our West in the Channel are our best bet IMO as the ones in France are heading too much to the East, sadly :o

I'm sick of his bloooody rain!!! :huh: I need heat. I am going to look up a holiday for September to somewhere nice and hot. If someone can tell me where the Ark is placed I will go out and get it and come and pick you all up. Just make sure to move as much rubble and mess as you can we don't want to get a hole in the bottom of it or we are all doomed! :o

We got away with out too much rain here, not even flooded the marshes in front of me house. Any thunder up there Beka?

Russ

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Some sferic appearing from th heavy showers to my SW, MET has issued a severe weather warning for heavy possibly thundery showers this evening. Worth noting some of these downpours are going to affect the areas like oxfordshire and berkshire that ot hammered by the heavy rain yesterday :huh:

Posted
We got away with out too much rain here, not even flooded the marshes in front of me house. Any thunder up there Beka?

Russ

Same here but I live on top of a hill. Was gonna check out the river in town last night but we ordered pizza then they said it would be ready in 10 minutes! So we had jsut enought time to buy some coke from Sainsburys then come back so didn't get to see it. No rumblings or thunder here Rusty, just boring cloud and rain ... CHEER UP PEPS IT WILL BE 30C ON CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Heavy rain for the last 20 mins but starting to clear I think, some thunder as well

Posted
Heavy rain for the last 20 mins but starting to clear I think, some thunder as well

Now that sounds promising! Thats whats coming over me eh! ...

Posted

Think so Beka but I think its heading towards Basingstoke and developing so they could be in for a good storm soon

Posted
i thought i was meant to have heavy thundary showers/storm i just have rain :huh:

well looking at the radar their looks like some very lively storms now on the n/france coast dont know if they got the uk name on them yet should know better in an hours time

Posted
Same here but I live on top of a hill. Was gonna check out the river in town last night but we ordered pizza then they said it would be ready in 10 minutes! So we had jsut enought time to buy some coke from Sainsburys then come back so didn't get to see it. No rumblings or thunder here Rusty, just boring cloud and rain ... CHEER UP PEPS IT WILL BE 30C ON CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
The thought of 30C on Christmas day may not be that far fetched at all :o

Hope your luck improves with this stuff hooking around from the West and Wales

Think so Beka but I think its heading toward Basingstoke and developing so they could be in for a good storm soon
It looks like clouds from the west are loosing there moisture directly over that area on the meto radar.

Wincanton and the IoW radars are getting directional noise from there abouts though, it looks to me thats the case at least. Although the sferics say its East Anglia :huh:

Russ

Posted
The thought of 30C on Christmas day may not be that far fetched at all :huh: Russ

I know! Thats the worrying bit!!Are we in Australia? It's their winter right now ...

I had a couple of stikes on my SA at 0-5miles but didnt even hear the rumble so must have just missed it.

Posted

The ESSL has updated :- post-4726-1185034334_thumb.png So its a bit less for us and Germany gets a pasting :nonono:

Lets see if the sun can just perk things up a bit, its been lovely here mainly sunny. I could see the towers to my West, North and North East clearly earlier.

There is an intensification on the shower more or less slap bang on http://www.wincantonweather.org.uk/StormVue.html so if anything happens there, we will know pretty quick :) Thats going your way Beka :D

Regards,

Russ

That stuff nr Basingstoke and the NE of you has grown too as it has gone Eastwards.

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Looking at the latest radar it seems that the rain is developing and swinging round, now currently in Wales? Could it visit us here again? I hope not.

Here are some photos I took of yesterday's flooding. I couldn't upload them to NW because with the 1-at-a-time upload it takes forever:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95346693@N00/...57600937975327/

Posted
"Cheltenham witnessed its worst deluge for more than 30 years.More than 6cm of rain fell on the town between 9am and 3pm, and the Environment Agency reckoned the total rainfall over the 24-hour period could be more than 18cm."

EIGHTEEN!!!! 180mm :nonono:

exaggeration? possibly but based on the flooding we had it's not impossible

I'm in Cheltenham & I emptied our paddling pool on Wed. This morning there's 115-145mm water in it (it's on a slope). I'd love to know an official rainfall total even if it's only to bore my relatives with.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Central S England bearing the brunt of heavy downpours with the odd t-storm again (particularly Wilts, Berks, Oxon) and also Northern Home counties into East Anglia. Wind charts show wind convergence over this area, also upper trough moving East aloft creating PVA and forced lift along it's forward axis:

post-1052-1185035271_thumb.pngpost-1052-1185035284_thumb.png

Persistent rain over Wales making slower progress Eastwards than I thought earlier, I imagine alot of run-off from the Welsh Mountain catchments to flow through the Wye and Severn over the next few days. Rain over West should slowly drift E or NE and fizzle out overnight.

Posted

Mderate rain for the last hour in south MK, it has turned very dark in the last 10 minutes.

Posted

Anyone now my chances of seeing some thunder here shortly,the radar is looking good but nothing around my area on looking out window ?

Have been really lucky here compared to loads out their,but would love to get a storm here after having a pretty grotty day!

Posted
Looking at the latest radar it seems that the rain is developing and swinging round, now currently in Wales? Could it visit us here again? I hope not.

Here are some photos I took of yesterday's flooding. I couldn't upload them to NW because with the 1-at-a-time upload it takes forever:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95346693@N00/...57600937975327/

Good shots, make sure you keep those safe for future reminiscences :D
Central S England bearing the brunt of heavy downpours with the odd t-storm again (particularly Wilts, Berks, Oxon) and also Northern Home counties into East Anglia. Wind charts show wind convergence over this area, also upper trough moving East aloft creating PVA and forced lift along it's forward axis:

post-1052-1185035271_thumb.pngpost-1052-1185035284_thumb.png

Persistent rain over Wales making slower progress Eastwards than I thought earlier, I imagine alot of run-off from the Welsh Mountain catchments to flow through the Wye and Severn over the next few days. Rain over West should slowly drift E or NE and fizzle out overnight.

Thanks nick, I shall watch for the convergence out the window now as from that its right on top of me :nonono:

Russ

Its got more intense that storm nr Oxford according to post-4726-1185036174_thumb.png 16-25 strikes per min

Edited by Rustynailer