Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms 20/21st July --->

Posted

fairly heavy downpour now

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Absolutely pouring down in central milton keynes again, i'm pretty sure i can see lightning off to the south aswell. Heard a faint rumble about 10mins ago as the sky became really dark and angry looking again :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Is there a chance of thunderstorms tomorrow at all, i know showers are going to be more widespread but CAPE looks a bit weak and i can't see anything that would indicate storms.

I think the storms should give those unfortunate flood victims down south a break and pop up here for a visit one day, i've not seen any decent storms since June 15th. Considering this is a freak year for storms i have seen much less activity than by this time last year and previous year - which were both 'dry' summers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Absolutely pouring down in central milton keynes again, i'm pretty sure i can see lightning off to the south aswell. Heard a faint rumble about 10mins ago as the sky became really dark and angry looking again :nonono:

You may be quite near a storm http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk....mp;map=EuropeNW and http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm :D

Russ

Posted
http://441creative.com/weather/stormvue/

Sky seems to be clearing now, a lot brighter to the west

The suns out!

Isn't the sun a beautiful and rare sight! Don't blink or you'll miss it :nonono:

Posted
Isn't the sun a beautiful and rare sight! Don't blink or you'll miss it :nonono:

i totally agree, i am off out for a bike ride as soon as it stops raining! It seems to be a running trend over the last few weeks, dull all day and then clearing in the evening in time for sunset, not moaning, just glad i can enjoy it!

I can see blue sky!!!!

Posted

Chucking it down here, haven't heard any thunder though. What a lovely end to a miserable dull day. Oh, it brightened up for about an hour 2pm ish.

Posted

The bright sky was short lived, just heard a rumble of thunder!

Posted

all te heavy rain has gone over now, looks like it went bedford way. Had a very large deep crash of thunder about 30mins ago as the cloud started clearing. Now have a nice new pond in the lawn, wasn't one an hour ago. lol

Posted

Can see the next huge towering mass of dark menacing thundery looking skies gathering to my SW and gradually creeping accross :nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A freak year for Thunderstorms?? Definatley not. Haven't had a decent one all year. The best so far has lasted ten minutes if that before it moved away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tomorrow afternoon and Evening looking good for Storms here tomorrow!

Posted

post-4306-1185048466_thumb.jpgpost-4306-1185048494_thumb.jpgpost-4306-1185048526_thumb.jpgpost-4306-1185048550_thumb.jpg

These are to the north, but they don't look as good in the pictures as they do for real.

Geri

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Been storm chasing all afternoon. Hit the jackpot near Teversham/Fulbourn in Cambridge about 17:00. Cracking storm, frequent CG lightning, torrential rain/hail and flooding. Terversham was hit fairly bad. I also think I've captured a funnel cloud, there was lots of circulation going on as the storm approached, I'll post photos up in next hour or so. Nice afternoon overall.

Mammatus :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just got back from the pub and a little tipsy - i need a thundertorm. It will make my week. Nothing tonight maybe tomorrow!!!!!! Come on little sotrm poos vome to daaddy!!!!!

Just got back from the pub and a little tipsy - i need a thundertorm. It will make my week. Nothing tonight maybe tomorrow!!!!!! Come on little sotrm poos vome to daaddy!!!!!

mammatus you luky git - if i'd gone doen to cambridge it would've died a sudden death!!!!!!

Whats going n my post is a quote!!!!]

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Talk about Spelling when Tipsy! lol!

But yes Thunderstorm Chance good for Quite a few Areas in Central and Southern areas tomorrow! Further North may see Something but Central and Southern areas most likely tomorrow!