Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms 20/21st July --->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
I am very interested in this large area of storms moving north. Recon the met office will put out a warning before long maybe.

It looks like the rain will be with me in the next half an hour or so. If its bad I'll let everybody know about it :rolleyes:

Lets hope some energy is lost over the Channel.

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
Wow i nailed that on the head. Just issued warnings for the SE of England.

My you must be psychic, Mr UkStormChaser

Andy

Posted

Well it's been steady rain here in Caversham (Lower) Reading, Berks for the last couple of hours. The river (Thames) is well over the bank and rising. I've phoned the E.A. to find out how much more to expect ~ the call handler told me in a bored voice "watch local news, listen to local radio". Council website is a tad more informative, saying that a big rise is due at 2am on 24th - but not details of even average rise - which surely someone must of calculated !!!

Various neighbours have already abandoned ship/home I'm on the top floor of a block of 3 so am going to hold out. If anyone is in the know regarding how much water is on it's way to my part of the world I would really appreciate a head's up !

Edited by Stray

Posted

Still raining here. Visibility is poor with low cloud and mist.

Posted

Very wet here today, just 1.5mm off the wettest day of the month, just behind one day in the first week. Approaching 16mm with continuous moderate/heavy rain, getting heavier.

Posted
Well I might just manage to get away with a dry day here touch wood. :)

Hi Brian Happy Birthday :D

I wont get away with a dry day its raining :lol: The clouds are unexpectedly heading South b/w.

The rain is light ATM.

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Started raining here about 15 minutes ago. Not very heavy mind you and sky not exceptionally dark. Feels and looks like Autumn outside !

Posted
Hi Brian Happy Birthday :D

I wont get away with a dry day its raining :lol: The clouds are unexpectedly heading South b/w.

The rain is light ATM.

Russ

i'm seeing that direction here too - thats the french low pressure system rotating from north-east ish to south-west ish...

you can see the rotation on this meteox radar

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=loop1uur

looking at the radar , you can see the red storm systems - which look at if they'll rotate around hitting from the east moving west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm surprised to see a meto weather warning for the East Midlands. Other than a little rain this morning its been dry with sunny spells and doesn't look like there is anything in the area on the radar either. There are some showers over N England but they are heading westwards in the opposite direction. :lol:

Posted
Well it's been steady rain here in Caversham (Lower) Reading, Berks for the last couple of hours. The river (Thames) is well over the bank and rising. I've phoned the E.A. to find out how much more to expect ~ the call handler told me in a bored voice "watch local news, listen to local radio". Council website is a tad more informative, saying that a big rise is due at 2am on 24th - but not details of even average rise - which surely someone must of calculated !!!

Various neighbours have already abandoned ship/home I'm on the top floor of a block of 3 so am going to hold out. If anyone is in the know regarding how much water is on it's way to my part of the world I would really appreciate a head's up !

please do keep us updated on the Reading situation. thanks!

Posted
Hi Brian Happy Birthday :)

The rain is light ATM.

Russ

Hi Russ Thanks for the wishes :)

Same here :D Just when I said I might get away with a dry day it starts raining......typical

Brian :)

Posted

As the low moves along the channel, I think the really heavy stuff will start to move towards us and then be pulled away as the low moves through, the coast might get some of it but probably not!

Even so, it's still raining quite heavily here...

Posted

just saw some amazing cloud formations I thought we was going to get a funnel cloud....clouds going up....swirling around in the cloud base...then some were

going down but nothing came of it

Posted
Hi Russ Thanks for the wishes :)

Same here :lol: Just when I said I might get away with a dry day it starts raining......typical

Brian :)

You're welcome.

You have just given me an idea Brian :D try this "oh dear, it looks like its going to rain here all week"

There now lets see if it works :)

rain is starting to get heavier now. ( light rain for about the last three or four hours, non-stop)

completely overcast.

We have been very lucky here just a bit of drizzle in the afternoon up till around an hour ago when it started, its slowly getting heavier, still moderate ATM.

Regards,

Russ

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

After seeing the weather warnings for my area im very confident of a nice sunny end to the day here :lol:

Posted

at last the metoffice have issued a weather warning for Scottish Borders

Heavy Rain1608 Mon 232100 Mon 23Heavy showers and thunderstorms will some torrential downpours with rainfall totals of 15-20mm. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the latest Scottish Environment Protection Agency Live Flood Warning Information and also to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1609 Mon 23 Jul

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/...=rss&sn=512

Posted

complete with spelling mistake!

Oh what a nasty man I am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Had some spells of heavy rain here in Mold this afternoon. No thunder though - doesn't feel right for it, not particularly humid or warm.

Posted

Wettest and coolest day pof the summer here today.

At 1700 BST the total was 23.9mm. It's still raining hard too.

Max temp was only 15°C.