Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms 20/21st July --->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Talk about Spelling when Tipsy! lol!

But yes Thunderstorm Chance good for Quite a few Areas in Central and Southern areas tomorrow! Further North may see Something but Central and Southern areas most likely tomorrow!

lol - i can normally spwll but seeing my keyboard in double - sorry mods!!!!!

We've more rain the last 2 hours from this big shower than we had all yesterday and Friday. Still hammering down. Seems to be developing, so watch out Gloucestershire / Herefordshire etc, because it seems to heading that way.

Posted

flash message issued for some of badly affected areas, see Front Page banner.

John Holmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
rain here...runn8ing out of water to drink

Yes! rain started here too.I'm watching the rain come across on the netweather extra rain radar.A brilliant radar if you ask me! well worth it's money,so cheap too.We still have water here at the moment.

Posted
Are you having bottles of water handed out yet?

no its going to run out sometime today/gos/chelt/tewskbury....emergency services going to distibute water....last for a few days Ive been told.

only water is left in p[ipes...checking out latest front banner..oh no

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
flash message issued for some of badly affected areas, see Front Page banner.

John Holmes

Oh no!!! I love storms,but not at a time like this. :(

Posted

do you reckon that because its so bad that if we get more heavy rain on top of these areas..that the water might never go down again..just a thought

Posted

??

can you expand on the comment pse as not sure I can give a simple straight answer as it stand.

Posted
do you reckon that because its so bad that if we get more heavy rain on top of these areas..that the water might never go down again..just a thought

No, it'll drain away eventually.

Posted

correct Paul, the word 'eventually' is the key.

More falling today before the river levels start to drop has nowhere to go, and the same late overnight into tomorrow IF another fall of much above 10mm occurs.

It will take at least 24 hours before the general river/stream/tributaries levels start to fall enough for more to be taken away without more problems.

hope that explains it?

Posted

well some areas are so bad,and the river severn is worse today!...If we get this large amounts of rain regular is there a chance that some areas will

just form new lakes...Or is this incorrect

sorry John took a long time to answer got Major problems with internet connection.....Its heavy rain here

Thank guys for the reply

Edited by dogs32

Posted

hi dogs

Is my answer okay for what you asked?

Posted
hi dogs

Is my answer okay for what you asked?

YEA fine....more worried about the water situ here...we only have a few hrs k...just been told water pressure falling here in taps

they said it would run out tonight.looks as though sooner

just been told panick buying in Morrisons

Edited by dogs32

Posted

LUNDY

SOUTH 4 OR 5, BACKING NORTHEAST 5 TO 7. SLIGHT OR MODERATE BECOMING

MODERATE OR ROUGH. THUNDERY SHOWERS THEN RAIN. MODERATE OR GOOD,

OCCASIONALLY POOR

FASTNET

SOUTH 4 OR 5, BECOMING CYCLONIC THEN NORTHEAST LATER 6 TO GALE 8.

SLIGHT OR MODERATE BECOMING ROUGH OR VERY ROUGH. OCCASIONAL RAIN.

MODERATE OR GOOD, OCCASIONALLY POOR

IRISH SEA

VARIABLE BECOMING NORTH 3 OR 4, OCCASIONALLY 5 LATER. SLIGHT OR

MODERATE. THUNDERY SHOWERS. MODERATE OR GOOD

Posted

the 00z ascents show cloud tops in sw mostly limited to about 24000ft with winds north of west at all levels. On the other two, Watnall and Herstmanceux, the upper winds are south of west with tops, dry bulb of 20C and dewpoint of 12C up to 28-30000ft.

The upper winds seem to suggest an upper trough which is the main trigger action, I think, for the area of ppn in S Wales and also now showing in places further north on the radar.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Anyone remember Countryfile many years ago with John Craven stood in dried up river bed saying it'll never run again as the climate is becoming drier. Just shows that no one can be sure what will happen in the future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
Anyone remember Countryfile many years ago with John Craven stood in dried up river bed saying it'll never run again as the climate is becoming drier. Just shows that no one can be sure what will happen in the future.

Yes and I remember some Trout fishermen friends of mine wingeing something rotten in the 90s as all the chalk streams were going dry in summer.

The system for Monday approaching from the SW looks pretty full of water to me, the tops look high. Its a bad one alright, this isn't good is it :o

Russ

Posted

Showers are bursting into live now on the radar further north in Wales with that very heavy shower still in the south.

Light shower here and sunny but dark clouds approaching.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The LOw Preasure for Monday is set at the moment to take the heavy stuff into France. Hopefully it'll keep diving a little further south and allow some of the water to drain off before the next belt that comes through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights
well some areas are so bad,and the river severn is worse today!...If we get this large amounts of rain regular is there a chance that some areas will

just form new lakes...Or is this incorrect

sorry John took a long time to answer got Major problems with internet connection.....Its heavy rain here

Thank guys for the reply

Hey Dogs - Hope you're OK

The Severn is a gigantic catchment along with the Trent it's by some margin the largest river catchment in the UK and that means that it does take a very long time for water in places like the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains to filter into the tributaries and then into the Severn proper. This means that it will take time (a fair few days in all probability) for the water to drain, but it will drain. Obviously further rain is not at all welcome, but it will all drain out eventually.

Having seen the pictures of Tewksbury this morning, it's clear that this probably represents a flood event unsurpassed since 1953.

Posted
Hey Dogs - Hope you're OK

The Severn is a gigantic catchment along with the Trent it's by some margin the largest river catchment in the UK and that means that it does take a very long time for water in places like the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains to filter into the tributaries and then into the Severn proper. This means that it will take time (a fair few days in all probability) for the water to drain, but it will drain. Obviously further rain is not at all welcome, but it will all drain out eventually.

Having seen the pictures of Tewksbury this morning, it's clear that this probably represents a flood event unsurpassed since 1953.

yea Ok in my area now I think but I havent been out but realy concerned no water here soon...my brothers tap low pressure....been told to boil the last water soon....

could have no water for up to 3 days to week....panic buying in shops for water..grim without water and theres so much around

ps no rain here now

Ive heard Boats are been used in the center of glos dont know if thats correct

yea this is History in the making I think

Edited by dogs32