Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

White Christmas

hollisk

Posted

Still a chance of snow falling in places

Forecast headline

Forecast confidence is still low, but since our last update we have increased the chances of a White Christmas in both northern and southern areas. A change to unsettled conditions is now expected to take place before Christmas day. At the moment we think the most likely scenario for Christmas day is rather chilly in the north with temperature close to average in the south. With showers or longer outbreaks of precipitation we do think there is still a significant possibility of snow falling in places, most notably over higher ground in northern regions.

Probabilities

Northern areas of the are considered to have a 35% chance of a white christmas.

Southern areas of the are considered to have a 20% chance of a white christmas.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/...x?type=for_xmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Simon Keeling (off weatheronline) for Midlands today gave his forecast for Xmas. Said rain should clear to bright spells and a few showers, only wintriness would be a little sleet on the staffordshire moorlands and high ground of shropshire, so in other words naff all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

To be totally honest looking at the output i think theres more chance of getting twelve inch in June to be honest. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

To me, it looks like rain moving east sometime between 22 and 24 December, with maybe a bit of wintriness locally, but like last year's late December breakdown the upper temps may be too high (I remember rain at 1.1C on 27 December last year).

For Christmas Day itself, a day of sun and showers and near-average temperatures looks likely, with snow on high ground over Scotland and poosibly Northern Ireland, but rain on low ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks like at the moment the only area to see a white Xmas is scotland o yeah and buxton :rolleyes: 12z looks fairly interesting but i feel any snow up to new years day will be in scotland, hope for upgrades

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and crisp..

White Christmas Or Not... Iam Sure We'll All Enjoy Ourselves ! Who Knows Maybe Next Year !!! :rolleyes:

Posted

Im going to have ago at doing an xmas forecast.

Friday: Any frost or fog very slow to clear, although it could hold on for most of the day. It will be cold, but bright for most areas. Cloud will effect Eastern areas for a time/low cloud. It will start to turn alittle mild in Southern areas, although it may not feel like it, with a chilly wind

Saturday: Will be milder than recently, with some rain moving down from the North-west. The rain will be patchy and light, this will tend to clear. It will turn frosty again on saturday night, althought tempertures should not be as low as this weeks temps.

Sunday: Will again be a milder day, and a bright day. As we move towards night time, it will be chilly with some patchy frost.

Monday: Will see some rain in the North-west, this could be wintry over high ground.

Xmas day: I think there will be some snow around, over the hills of Western Scotland and possible for Northern England. Ill be hopeful there maybe some wintry weather to lower ground.

Can i just say thought this xmas must be hard to forecast, everything keeps changing. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Musing over a wager AGAINST a white one ain't no joy either,

The bookies have got wind of the winds ?{lol} and the best on offer is Aberdeen at 1/4 for NO Snow on xmas day, between 1/12 and 1/5 across the remaining UK cities.

Hamburg looks a tease at 2/1 with PP for No Snow but the temps as the front crosses Germany xmas day start off low regardless of the SWerlies so its a dodgy un :doh: , all eyes on wetterzentrale percip type charts :lol: ?

Posted

Yeeeeessss!!!!!!

Shame it's the wrong day though! :):)

post-3022-1198156798_thumb.jpg

It's for the 4th of January :)

Edited by Frozen Lands

Posted

I'm gonna be 1000 feet up in the pennines at christmas so i imagine there's a fair shot at snow. we usually get it one year in every 2 or 3.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There is no chance of a white Christmas in Tyne & Wear because Daffy Duck's Quackbusters isn't being shown... this rule of thumb has worked in every year since 1993!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
Just seen the latest BBC News 24 forecast which is for snow in Eastern Scotland and the high ground in the far north of England. I'd imagine it would be quite marginal though.

Yes interesting now that the Boxing Day Snowfall has been chucked in the recycle bin.

Hello hello, i'm new to this forum and i live in Stockholm, Sweden. And not even in my city we will see a white christmas =O usually we have a 55%-70% chance for snow cover at Christmas Eve here with an average daytemp of 0' and nighttemp of -5', but now at 12:00 24/12 it is +2,8' and the deeply frozen ground we have had yesterday here for two weeks has now thawed away! =/ A Christmas Eve like it was in 2001 would be the best, 25 cm snow at the ground and daily temps very cold at -15'c to -5'c and nights at -20'c or below! =)

Posted

Apparently it has snowed in Glasgow. Can anyone confirm this? Ive got a bet on a white christmas here. Does anyone know where the bookies get their data from to verify bets?

Posted

Merry Christmas ya'll

Twas a glorious Christmas Morning, with a hard white frost, the fields were white and it was as close to a white Christmas as one

could have hoped for.

Here's to a much improved weather outlook in the New Year.

Good Health and Happiness to all :smiliz64: