mcyates

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

COAST! You've scalped Kaddy!

Here's the other bit!

base_01.jpg

Edited by Azores Hi

A good, balanced BBC report from Nick Miller for us in the South East here

Mind you, Kaddy was better presenting it tonight!!

base_10.jpg

Is Eastbourne the place where there is so many old people that the shop windows are bi-focal?

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is anyone else surprised at the fact theres only 200 people online at the moment? Only 59 of them Members... Considering we are on the eve of a promising cold spell and even the BBC are ramping it up... Usually theres 500+ when there is a cold spell on the horizon, where is everyone tonight? :D

Posted
Is anyone else surprised at the fact theres only 200 people online at the moment? Only 59 of them Members... Considering we are on the eve of a promising cold spell and even the BBC are ramping it up... Usually theres 500+ when there is a cold spell on the horizon, where is everyone tonight? :D

I think to a lot of people it's a bit like a normal Friday night with tomorrow being a holiday for many - Just a thought! 'Tis odd though!

Posted

This does indeed look like it "Could" be a good un, not one mention in any of the Evening London Newspapers of any Snow at all mentioned, using the reverse phsycology technique this usually means we could get NAILED!!!! Hahaha

Looking forward to seeing Snow Showers at least this weekend, seeing as I have not seen even 1 piece of ice since Feb 8th 2007 in any showers down here and by the looks of it, my location is favoured as it always is in any easterly convective element.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My BBC forecast looks...well...crap!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3925

Doesn't agree with the Met Office though :D

Posted

On holiday or in a traffic jam :)

I loved todays bbc look east forecast by julie ranger(she is usually a mild ramper )but tonight she ramped it up and saying there is more chance of some more prolonged snow on sunday with accumilation of 2-5cm and more on high ground! :):):)

Posted
On holiday or in a traffic jam :D

I loved todays bbc look east forecast by julie ranger(she is usually a mild ramper )but tonight she ramped it up and saying there is more chance of some more prolonged snow on sunday with accumilation of 2-5cm and more on high ground! :):):)

Stuck in drifting.................................................. NO :) Should be in the no thread ... ho hum :)

Posted
My BBC forecast looks...well...crap!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3925

Doesn't agree with the Met Office though :D

Check again this time tommorow - I gaurentee it will have changed (even if it's only slightly).

There 5 day forecasts are awful, mine has changed everyday for the last 3 days.

Edited by Polar Low

Posted
Check again this time tommorow - I guarentee it will have changed (even if it's only slightly).

I know they are, in cold spells Aberystwyth frequently has insanely low minimum temperatures, usually the coldest in England and Wales. This is virtually impossible due to it being on the coast. I have emailed the BBC about this and all I got was some drivel that they just use data they get from the Met Office, but they obviously don't because the Met Office don't do that! Most of the time, the 5 day forecasts and the TV forecasts just don't show the same thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
Check again this time tommorow - I gaurentee it will have changed (even if it's only slightly).

I respect the BBC but their 5 day forecasts are always rubbish, don't know how they get away with it!

Posted

You'd think we would get some snow Paul even if it doesn't settle!

Anyway showers still packing into Scotland and now starting to extend a little further south towards S.Scotland as the colder air digs down and showers starting to widely turn more wintry now I'd guess in N.Scotland as the colder air pushes southwards as the low pressure cell to our east contniues to head SE...indeed the NW radar precip type shows showers now falling as snow in the upper northern part of Scotland and given the cold air advection going on thats probably a realisitic case...snow probably also now settling on the higher routes, given the large numbers of showers present some areas on high ground could well already have a good few cm's of snow.

Wintry mix being reported in Stornoway, rain and hail for now...

Edited by kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
I respect the BBC but their 5 day forecasts are always rubbish, don't know how they get away with it!

my bbc 5 day is pants, rain tomorrow, saturday and sunday i hope thats wrong, it should be sunny, it gives london 2 flakes of snow and 6oC for easter day. After all most snow will be in the SE

Posted

1c and wet snow falling here now looks like it will be white by midnight if the temperature continues to fall at this rate having been at 10c at 3.30pm this afternoon

Posted
1c and wet snow falling here now looks like it will be white by midnight if the temperature continues to fall at this rate having been at 10c at 3.30pm this afternoon

There is a high risk of a severe event affecting eastern England and parts of the Midlands. Snow showers are expected to become frequent and heavy during the first half of Saturday with temporary accumulations of 2 to 5 cms possible at low levels, and accumulations of 5 to 10 cms over high ground. Disruption to transport networks is possible for a time.

This Early Warning will be updated by 1100 Friday 21 March.

For areas with less than 60% risk of disruption please see Advisories.

Issued at: 1141 Thu 20 Mar

Posted
There is a high risk of a severe event affecting eastern England and parts of the Midlands. Snow showers are expected to become frequent and heavy during the first half of Saturday with temporary accumulations of 2 to 5 cms possible at low levels, and accumulations of 5 to 10 cms over high ground. Disruption to transport networks is possible for a time.

This Early Warning will be updated by 1100 Friday 21 March.

For areas with less than 60% risk of disruption please see Advisories.

Issued at: 1141 Thu 20 Mar

When I saw that earlier and saw the word "Midlands" I got my hopes up...then I realised it was those lucky sods in the eastern half :D I am Central Midlands so I am not discounting my chances just yet.

Posted

Its good seeing it snowing already in Scotland. Hopefully this can travel down to NE England tonight and cover Middlesbrough. I highly doubt it like!!! I thknk Sat and Sun are the best chance for Middlesbrough get any Temporary Snow, if it melts I head up to the hills which are not that far away

Posted

Yep over the next few hours those snow showers will drop in elevation as well as spread further south. For now heres a nice webcam which shows the snow on the ground, so at least its settling on higher ground at least, this on the A9 up in Scotland:

http://www.trafficscotland.org/views/delay...ts=080320205937

That showery airmass should work its way further south into England in the overnight hours, I don't think it will have quite a same frequancy as Scotland is having presently and they will more likely be of rain further south, maybe a wintry mix on the hills.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Posted
There is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting much of the United Kingdom. There is a potential for heavy snow with accumulations of 2 cms at low levels and 5 to 10 cms on higher ground.

The met office calls 2 cms of snow 'severe'!?

Edited by Darkman

Posted
The met office calls 2 cms of snow 'severe'!?

Yup, could just about bury a small mouse alive. Would be truly catastrophic.

Posted
Yup, could just about bury a small mouse alive. Would be truly catastrophic.

Pathetic isn't it? Words (almost) fail me ............