Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome To The Netweather USA Storm Chase Group

Paul Sherman

Posted
Thanks mate, i will need to see about ordering one :yahoo: Do you have to phone them? I would rather just pay online, they will never understand my accent :friends:

lol he does all around the world.....email the guy online....he will get in toutch...tell him the name and model of your camera....dont forgett you need the cable.

When I orderd mine it was a 2-3 months wait...Might be different now...good luck...

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Lightning Triggers are nice, but absolutely not necessary for night time photography in my opinion, so you'll be good even if you don't get one. As for Daytime photography, they are probably the easiest way to catch lightning, but I'm tempted to get a Neutral Density filter for at least one of my lenses instead. I can then take daytime exposures of at least a couple of seconds (hopefully 2-4). That should give me a reasonable chance of getting a bolt in shot given enough attempts. As a bonus, if I get a 77mm filter, it'll fit both my wide angle and telephoto lens. Time to get shopping :friends:

Posted

Watch the white car in front...Is this crazy or what..I wont to see a funnel but not this close :lol:

Worse still the white just freezes..

edit.. :friends::yahoo::rofl::rofl:

what size is that on the F scale

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Watch the white car in front...Is this crazy or what..I wont to see a funnel but not this close :lol:

Worse still the white just freezes..

edit.. :friends::yahoo::rofl::rofl:

what size is that on the F scale

thats a get out of the F ing way on the F scale :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

First one is almost certainly only an EF0 or EF1 I'd imagine. It doesn't seem to hit anything, and even if it did, it's a landspout style tornado which don't get that strong. These tornadoes can often be very beautiful and slow moving which makes them great photo ops.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Going to order these on Amazon, to build up to the chasing!

Twister Movie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

And a couple of good looking storm chaser books...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Not bad all for £22.84 :)

Just need to find somebody English at Barclays to unlock my card! They blocked it when I tried to buy my flights, so I phoned but the foreigner couldn't understand my accent, and apparently I got a security question wrong. Now i've got to go into a branch with 2 forms of ID. What a pain! :doh:

Posted

mark...you make an interesting point....Last year my Natwest card refused to work abroad for some reason...mmmmm....Have to think of a back up plan just in case,but will doudle check with natwest that the card must work in the States....Not sure how much cash to keep on at all times.

this hail is out of this planet...45 secs in..

love to witness Hail like that..but not on my head

Edited by dogs32

Posted
this hail is out of this planet...45 secs in..

love to witness Hail like that..but not on my head

Good old Reed Timmer. He's a nutter. There is a good chance you'll bump into them when out on the chase this year. They had a contract with Boeing last year to collect large hail when on the chase and preserve it for analysis by Boeing. One of his guys (Chris Chituck or something I think) had to jump out with helmet and padding etc any time they were being hammered by large hail to collect the stuff. Very funny to watch on Storm Chasers Season 2

Posted
Good old Reed Timmer. He's a nutter. There is a good chance you'll bump into them when out on the chase this year. They had a contract with Boeing last year to collect large hail when on the chase and preserve it for analysis by Boeing. One of his guys (Chris Chituck or something I think) had to jump out with helmet and padding etc any time they were being hammered by large hail to collect the stuff. Very funny to watch on Storm Chasers Season 2

lol...Paul said to me some people wear helmets...lol....I know its for safety but I dont wont a German Helmet on my head...

The hail in that vid is ridiculous....But there as been larger hail in Pauls sig..I think..

christ are you on Tour 1

Edited by dogs32

Posted
just curious have there ever been any twisters in snow..anyone know

Ah the fabled SnowNado

It certainly is possible to get one although to photograph it would be nigh on Impossible.

Paul S

Posted

Cheers PAUL...been on you tube,can see small spouts but not tornadoes any where...Imagine a F5 snow tornado..lol..

I f I find pic will post up..but like you say probally not

Edited by dogs32

Posted

massive storm going to hit the east of the states Monday..with possible tornadoes...something to keep an eye on

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Dogs with your natwest card as long as you have the cirrus symbol on it you will be ablw to withdraw from most cashpionts as long as you let your bank know that you will be abroad you should be ok although I did have a few probs last year but nothing to worry about for to long if you want any more info just PM me

Posted
Dogs with your natwest card as long as you have the cirrus symbol on it you will be ablw to withdraw from most cashpionts as long as you let your bank know that you will be abroad you should be ok although I did have a few probs last year but nothing to worry about for to long if you want any more info just PM me

Dogs - phone Natwest & ask for the international customer services telephone number & take it with you. It can be reverse charged via the internation operator

Posted
Dogs - phone Natwest & ask for the international customer services telephone number & take it with you. It can be reverse charged via the internation operator

thx mate no probs its sorted now

Posted
hi, dogs any more news on the storm?

yes its not as bad as it seems though there might be some odd Tornadoes in the East as the cold hits the Warm...still worth keeping an eye though,,,Im waiting for a Nado in the snow on Monday lol..I should be so lucky