Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome To The Netweather USA Storm Chase Group

Paul Sherman

Posted
and your going to have that and more back at the hotel at the end of every chase day! :)

hi mate.

just thinking the lightning triggers wont cope :D

smoke will be coming out of them

Posted

LOL. your right. my little homemade one needs 2 seconds after it triggers before it will trigger again even if a strike is detected. Its a limitation given the way ive coupled it with the Strikealert. I can work out the bug but I dint think I'll have time before the chase. Might not be a bad thing for nighttime lightning (me hopes)!

hi mate.

just thinking the lightning triggers wont cope :D

smoke will be coming out of them

Posted

At least you made one mate.....

I've often thought of opening mine up and getting to see how or what components are needed to make it work...

But I wont as I don't want to break it..

Hope yours works and then you maybe could sell them on...

Looks like its going to be a interesting week over in the States,

maybe this could be the real start of the season :D

Im sure there will be some chasers on line tomorrow getting into position...

Edited by dogs32

Posted

John ran a further Test in the Live Streaming today from Cork and the picture Quality was Crystal Clear, we even had Audio from it today (Although that could be a bad thing what with Johns Swearing etc) :):) But it looks like we are ready for Live Streaming this year and everything is looking great.

Cannot wait to put a Supercell in your Faces spitting out Lightning whilst we travel along an empty Plains Road!

Paul S

Posted

YES was excellent quality.shocked myself.....

WOW...Im over the moon what I saw today...

Cant get any more excited....I feel Ive been on a Storm Chase today.Seen the best Storm footage Ive ever seen today :whistling::crazy::D:D:D:D ..better than Tv stuff...

:ph34r:

Posted
torngraph-2.png

nice :D

hopefully this will keep going straight up for us

Okay, dumb question the first: should we be worried that this year's totals are a lot lower than those of recent years?

thanks

-PBS-

Posted
Okay, dumb question the first: should we be worried that this year's totals are a lot lower than those of recent years?

thanks

-PBS-

Hi I dont think its a dumb Q..

Like Paul said to me there's plenty of time yet....On a positive note It is starting to climb steeply now.

Also there is another outbreak predicted shortly..So I think things are going OK...

Plus lots of snow to melt in some of the States which can only mean a good thing for moisture later on..

Also parts of Texas IF Im correct had quite alot of rain last week after a extremely dry time,,

plenty of time for us yet PBS :D

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I wouldn't worry... I believe 2004 got off to a very slow start, before really picking up in May and actually ranks as the most prolific year in recent times. At 1820 tornado reports it may well have ended up the busiest season ever. That season only had 57 reported tornadoes by this point of the year.... I wouldn't take anything at all from the season so far as predictors for what may happen in a months time. We still have trouble forecasting accurately a week out, never mind 4-6!

Posted

One thing I have yet to say but just remembered!

All people on the different tours, please brings lots of Dvds of Music, that way we can play different kinds of music and not get repetitive Cd's or Xm Radio, we spend an awful long time in the Cars so please bring a varied range!

Paul S

Posted

Is there not a way to connect a cable to the radio so that you can put your ipod through it? or even attatch the laptop :lol:

No worries, i'll bring some spice girls.

Posted

All people on the different tours, please brings lots of Dvds of Music, that way we can play different kinds of music and not get repetitive Cd's or Xm Radio, we spend an awful long time in the Cars so please bring a varied range!

Paul S

I'm sure with nine of us (at last count) on Tour 2, musical tastes will be exceedingly varied :D

-PBS-

Posted

I'm buying my flights tonight, choices are:

Continental from Glasgow-> Newark (NYC) then Newark -> Dallas. Arrival time 6:30pm (4hrs between flights)

American Airlines Glasgow--> Heathrow Heathrow-> Dallas. Arrival 2:25pm ( 1hr 55mins between flights)

American Airlines Glasgow--> Heathrow Heathrow-> Dallas. Arrival 4:40pm ( 3hr 45mins between flights)

American Airlines Glasgow--> Heathrow Heathrow-> Dallas. Arrival 4:40pm ( 1hr 30mins between flights)

What do people think? I would rather go through Newark but that has me arriving quite late.

Is an hour and a half enough changeover at Heathrow ok? I dont want my baggage to get lost! That would be pretty bad considering we wont be staying in one place :D

Posted

If you can get in during the afternoon it's ideal as it gives more time to get you in position for any chasing the next day - so best one from a chasing perspective is the 2.25 arrival :D

Posted
If you can get in during the afternoon it's ideal as it gives more time to get you in position for any chasing the next day - so best one from a chasing perspective is the 2.25 arrival :D

Cheers, i hope 2 hours is enough to catch the plane from Heathrow. I'll need to hope that my baggage and i make it :lol:

Posted

yes the earlier the better Ross...you don't know what might be kicking off.....could be a get up and go situ..

Really excited now :D

Also panicking :lol: ..Worried about Paul leaving me in a Kansas field

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Paul S

Good news Paul

I will bring my Des O'Connors greatest hits :D

Tom

Posted
Good news Paul

I will bring my Des O'Connors greatest hits :D

Tom

Tom Ive just heard Paul is issuing these new helmets

Courtesy of Netweather...

Strong possibilities of Gorilla hail forecast

The Net weather team are expected to wear the new Chase helmets

its compulsory :D

thx for the car pic NL :lol: :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Good news Paul

I will bring my Des O'Connors greatest hits :rolleyes:

Tom

:doh: :lol: Not Again!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - Just re-installed Barons onto me new super dooper rammed Up Laptop (Thanks again John) and everything has installed without a hitch!

Phew!

Posted

35 days to go for me. Still can't believe i am actually going this year! :rolleyes: