Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Discussion Video - Episode 3 Now Online

Paul

Posted

The First episode of the winter discussion between John Holmes, Glacier Point (Stewart), Steve Murr and Brickfielder (Mark) is now online and can be found here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...iscussion;sess=

Please use this thread to give any feedback you have or to ask any questions. The nature of these discussions is quite advanced, so please feel free to ask for help on things you don't quite understand - I'm sure one of the experts will do their best to help you out!

Posted
Just bumping this :D

Oooh a chatroom!! Watching video now :D

Ok have given up after 10 minutes. It sure is way over my head. Only other issue I would say would be the volume. But otherwise seems nicely presented.

Any view of some beginners video's coming out?

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

Listened to it all Paul. Do I get a lolly?

Have to admit, although i'm not really technical on weather, I found it ok to understand in all fairness.

Like above, perhaps volume could be adjusted, but in the scheme of things, it was just a case of pressing the increase volume button.

Posted

Very informative and interesting, thanks to all involved - its nice to put some faces to names!

I'm also pleased to see Paul kept everyones voices lubricated (I presume the drinks were on him?)

Posted

I will have to watch this later when I can connect to my stereo system. Even with the sound on 100% It is still very low on the laptop speakers.

Posted

Must admit I'm not having any volume problems when viewing it from here. I'll raise the levels on the next episodes though.

Diane, have you considered comedy school?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Watched it all, was very imformative, and i look forward to the next spisode.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Annoying that I have to wait till I get home to watch it :)

Posted
Must admit I'm not having any volume problems when viewing it from here. I'll raise the levels on the next episodes though.

Diane, have you considered comedy school?

No, but might consider it as any education might be good for me.

On the subject of comedy, in my humble opinion there was a distinct lack of it in that video.

Might be something to consider for the next episode.

Guest zebra danio

I think it was probably quite a nerve wracking thing to do!! Although technical, it was very well edited and spliced together and the team of experts did very well. It is not easy to break down technical speak into layperson language - especially when something is being recorded like that.

I don't think it matters too much in terms of not understanding everything that is said 1st time around - that is where the benefit of having a thread like this comes into play. It is much easier to answer questions and 'decode' this way.

Posted

Interesting discussion guys. Thank you all for that and look forward to the next episode.

As some of the others said I had to wind my volume up quite a bit to get reasonable sound. Also to remember to turn off the pop up blocker.

Posted

Doesnt work for me.

Says cannot find frequency lol :)

Edited by ISAAC

Posted
No, but might consider it as any education might be good for me.

On the subject of comedy, in my humble opinion there was a distinct lack of it in that video.

Might be something to consider for the next episode.

if you want to learn Diane then how about you read our Guides, also the comprehensive list of abbreviations in the Guides section. I'm sure it would help your understanding.

At the moment I have to say you are coming across as being a touch negative. I have offered to give any help I can, simply ask politely. Remember its an impossible task to give information in one session for all levels of learning and understanding.

As Paul has indicated to another polite poster request, learner data will be coming on line throughout the next weeks and months.

I'm currently working on a 'will it snow' in my location teaching sheet.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This is GREAT! I have been waiting for a video like this for years, all the great N-W forecasters in one room talking about my favourite weather.. Winter :)

Thanks to you all for making this, absolutely brilliant.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just watched it twice! Good to put faces to names. It must have been a little disconcerting being recorded, so thank you. Can't wait for the next installment.

Feedback for Paul: It would be really good to be able to ask the guys questions on a live session (don't know if that would be technically possible). Also I feel that it is very difficult for the guys to get their message across without visual aids. The links underneath are a good idea - perhaps if this was to be done ever again then as the guys are speaking then they could be suggesting for instance go to links from underneath that would help them explain what they are trying to put across.