Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted
-3.2C here - no beer

Very poor ... I thought you folks up north lived on the stuff

and.... isn't it mild and windy in your neck of the woods yet??

Posted
Freezing fog, thick rime frost, -5.9c :D .

Ah! That's what it is! Been white here in north bristol for last 2 hours. Thick freezing fog and a white deposit all over everything. not snow, but damp ice crystals. Rime frost is it? weird; never seen it before. It's almost like something's falling from the sky!

Posted
Ah! That's what it is! Been white here in north bristol for last 2 hours. Thick freezing fog and a white deposit all over everything. not snow, but damp ice crystals. Rime frost is it? weird; never seen it before. It's almost like something's falling from the sky!

You may also have the crystallized fog falling as happened here around lunchtime.

Beautiful isn't it, tomorrow morning will reveal a winter wonderland.

Posted

A hard frost here and the last bitterly cold night for some time now, current temp -4.9c :D

edit -5c now :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

-6 and dense fog here; everything will be sparkly in the morning :D

Posted

The fog is starting to form now, the last winter wonderland in the morning for some time

Temp -5c :D

Posted

Very Big Variations here in the SE, I have just -1c with a Dewpoint of -1c and broken Clouds and no Fog at all whereas just over the Water into Kent they have Thick Fog and Temp of -8c with a Dewpoint of -8c

The Tropical SE Essex Effect

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Current temp is -4.1C after dropping to -6.3C at around 10:30 pm.

Max. temp on Friday 9th was 0.5C after clearence of fog and stratus. The rime lasted all day on some trees and ground remained frozen in nearby garden.

Skies were clear until 10 pm when fog moved in and temperatures then rose 2C.

5 nights out of 10 in 2009 so far have had minima at -6C or lower - unheard of in recent years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Now dropped to -8. That's 2 degrees in less than an hour! Not me doing dodgy readings, taken from the official Radstock one just up the road. Wonder if it'll get any lower, brrrrr.

Posted

Sadly, the milder weather is slowly moving in.

After frosts the last few nights (-4, -4 & -3) , the temp reached around 4 around the warmest part of the day. Then it dropped to 0 around 5-6ish and then began to rise again. Currently 2.6 but it's been dithering up and down between 3.5 & 1 for the last 5 hours.

Pressure 1018mb and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

-2c out there at the moment making it the coldest night of the winter here, just about. For here this winter - a very low temp indeed.

Posted
-2c out there at the moment making it the coldest night of the winter here, just about. For here this winter - a very low temp indeed.

Has it not been colder? I thought it must have been! Must bring my thermometer back...or make my decent one work again!

Oh and to keep properly on topic...frost didn't lift round here (East Dorset) all day on anything that was mildly north facing or our garden...I've seen ice in car parks and on roads (unusual given my lifetime/location!)

Edited by butler_son

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
Has it not been colder? I thought it must have been! Must bring my thermometer back...or make my decent one work again!

Oh and to keep properly on topic...frost didn't lift round here (East Dorset) all day on anything that was mildly north facing or our garden...I've seen ice in car parks and on roads (unusual given my lifetime/location!)

Afraid it's not been colder - at least not outside my house anyway! I think my close to city centre (Market Square 10 min walk) location keeps it slightly warmer too. I wonder if local topography makes a difference too since I live in a bowl shaped area - perhaps all that warm student air rolls down from Lenton into here! :diablo:

Posted
Afraid it's not been colder - at least not outside my house anyway! I think my close to city centre (Market Square 10 min walk) location keeps it slightly warmer too. I wonder if local topography makes a difference too since I live in a bowl shaped area - perhaps all that warm student air rolls down from Lenton into here! :diablo:

I shouldn't have provoked you! Every time I post on here I'm gonna get some student banter back, wherever it's to!

And I needn't post obs either as we have a Lenton correspondent!

Posted

around -6C here, and our patchy lying snow, along with the thick frost, has made it to the weekend. Tomorrow its going to be white outside.