Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

Posted
Snowing in blackpool !

Still nothing in Norbreck, patchy clear sky with a few ice crystals in the air!! Hopefully arriving soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Remarkably its still snowing but the temperature rising so the dusting of snow is melting, currently +0.8C

Posted
Remarkably its still snowing but the temperature rising so the dusting of snow is melting, currently +0.8C

Blimey SP, you really do have a micro-climate there don't you?

Posted
Finally getting a :o

covering here in formby!!!!!

I was in Formby earlier around 6 oclock, coming home along the bypass, snow was quite heavy, thought you might have faired better than Crosby

Posted

All the snow has gone from the 11:30 metoffice radar lol http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html - I think that's time to call it a night and toddle off to bed, hopefully rushhour wont' be too bad tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
Blimey SP, you really do have a micro-climate there don't you?

I think its just the thickness of the cloud. There are plenty of stations around Merseyside doing the same (which comes as a relief)!

Posted

Don't know what's happening Heswall but it's -0.6 in West Kirby and the Weather station on Hilbre Island is showing -1.4. Still very light snow here.

Looks like there's some more coming in around Hull, will it make it across tonight?

Posted
Don't know what's happening Heswall but it's -0.6 in West Kirby and the Weather station on Hilbre Island is showing -1.4. Still very light snow here.

Looks like there's some more coming in around Hull, will it make it across tonight?

I think its just thermal pockets int he cloud, as soon as they disappear it should drop off again.

Some places around Liverpool are now above freezing, and some places in Manchester, and generally places around 0C

Raby mere is 1.0C :)

All strange, I think the wind is also playing a part.

It should go back below freezing soon.

Posted
All the snow has gone from the 11:30 metoffice radar lol http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html - I think that's time to call it a night and toddle off to bed, hopefully rushhour wont' be too bad tomorrow morning.

This is only because there is a fault with the met office radar. The net weather radar shows plenty of snow on te east coast now.

Good idea to go to bed though as we have another evening/night of excitement tomorrow!

Karyo

Posted

So whats everyones verdict on tomorrow - I'm thinking a repeat of today so nothing too significant in the north west (except for higher ground) so for the majorty another cm (max).

Posted
noticed you are south of Liverpool, I was going north, wasn't that many cars but they where still showing off with their white bits!! :D

Had absolutely nothing down here all night, disappointing stuff :doh:

Posted

Guys check out the met office radar (now works). The heaviest bands of snow showers of the night are now hitting the east coast preceded by an introductory band which is now approaching the Pennines. It's looking really good!

Karyo

Posted
Had absolutely nothing down here all night, disappointing stuff :lol:

tbh south liverpool and hale through to widness probably have about 10% chance of snow compared to the rest of the country..always pans out the same. Estuary and the pennines ruin our chances..estuary because we are too low down and because the estuary does seem to protect us a lot from real severe weather..and then the pennines and further north the hills around blackburn and stuff..so anything coming in needs to be on a trough or very strong winds...the winds here have completely died down..so i think the forecast for us on the estuary isnt a good one hence the 10% i think. it could all change come mid week, but id love to be wrong but years living here and all the snow events we have continuously missed while everyone got hit i think sums the above explanation up nicely

we had another quick flurry..but its just about a mile or two to far north for it to have really hit us again

Guys check out the met office radar (now works). The heaviest bands of snow showers of the night are now hitting the east coast preceded by an introductory band which is now approaching the Pennines. It's looking really good!

Karyo

they do appear to be pepping up a bit more off that east coast just checked the netweather radar, and there is a bigger band towards the pennines than what it is showing on the met radar, looks kind of interesting, just hope it doesnt defragment by the time it comes of the pennines.

Maybe we are in a very rare event even down here by the estuary after all id like to think so, so i can get a day off work tomorrow lol

Posted

Karyo

Can you them two getting this far Kayro??

Posted
Can you them two getting this far Kayro??

am looking at the netweather radar and there are 1 or 2 pulses in them, but no where near as heavy as the east coastal showers coming in..id expect by the time they leave the pennines expect some fragmentation, its whats following in behind the introductory band which is interesting very interesting

Posted

Almost definately! They are heavier than the earlier ones and more organised too.

I'll wait till the next update and then go to bed as i have an early start.

Karyo

Posted

Yeah mate same here.

I think that the interesting thing about today has been the complete shock value considering the fact that north west was'nt supposed to get snow until later on tomorrow.

Posted

The last update shows Yorkshire and Humberside getting a pasting now! A lot of excitement on their net weather thread!

The introductory band that i mentioned earlier is over the Pennines now and about to affect Manchester in 15 mins or so. This one is light to moderate intensity.

Time for some sleep for me. Goodnight and i hope we all have a day to remember tomorrow or shall i say week? ;)

Karyo

Posted
The last update shows Yorkshire and Humberside getting a pasting now! A lot of excitement on their net weather thread!

The introductory band that i mentioned earlier is over the Pennines now and about to affect Manchester in 15 mins or so. This one is light to moderate intensity.

Time for some sleep for me. Goodnight and i hope we all have a day to remember tomorrow or shall i say week? B)

Karyo

i know a few people on the east coast especially hull, they are getting a good hammering, but slightly further north towards whitby they have bugger all.

just had a quick look at meto satellite, look at that band of snow heading westwards. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Snowing here again now from the precip thats developed as its crossed the Pennines from the North Sea. Moderately rather than heavy in terms of snowfall.

Posted

Got about half a centimetre here outside Carlisle, still snowing moderately on & off too, settling quite nicely. :D