Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Nw England

Spurry

So then the south estern, southern, central eastern and northern eastern England have all seen hefty snowfalls and are set to recieve more today and tonight with talk of a low giving even the south west snowfall.

Once again here in the north-west we get pretty much a minimum effort.

Not suprised in the slightest!

Getting on for 7cm here which aint bad is it. :)

Posted
We'll im not sure about that, I'm pretty sure we'll get something out of that big clump of percip thats forming nicely over France http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=satradar

Sorry mate but I don't think it'l get this far and if it does it'l peter out quite substanially. Another southern event.

Posted

Oh my God! I have 3.5cm on by balcony. Everything is white as far as I can see to my east. Moderate fluffy snow still falling.

This is the best snow event for years.

Just watched the local forecast: snow showers on and off for the rest of the day and then a general spell of snow tonight.

The most important thing is that this snow on the ground is likely to stay for the rest of the week!

Karyo

Posted
Getting on for 7cm here which aint bad is it. :)

I'm pretty sure that the majority of the north-west (away from high ground) has recieved a couple of cm's max, a dusting or nothing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

That main band tonight looks interesting, I may be just east enough to clip it.

Edited by James M

Posted

Morning all.

Had a good couple of cm's this morning, the lovely powdery stuff too. sadly am sat at work now, and it looks like a nice flurry is just about to hit where I live.

I see there's general agreement that tonight is going to be a non-event for us now and I wondered if anyone could explain what's changed please :) Thanks.

Posted
Morning all.

Had a good couple of cm's this morning, the lovely powdery stuff too. sadly am sat at work now, and it looks like a nice flurry is just about to hit where I live.

I see there's general agreement that tonight is going to be a non-event for us now and I wondered if anyone could explain what's changed please :) Thanks.

By all account the snowfall that many people said would hit us today and tonight is, accrding to the models, set to take a more easterly track. Ironically the bbc never forecasted it on the maps - I/we thought they were being ignorant lol!

As I said tonight will be a repeat performance of last night at best for most. Don't expect much later in the week either (unless your planning on moving down south, or east, or anywhere but the north-west for that matter.)

Oh my God! I have 3.5cm on by balcony. Everything is white as far as I can see to my east. Moderate fluffy snow still falling.

This is the best snow event for years.

Just watched the local forecast: snow showers on and off for the rest of the day and then a general spell of snow tonight.

The most important thing is that this snow on the ground is likely to stay for the rest of the week!

Karyo

Away from high ground I very much doubt it will stay totally unthawed all week.

Posted
By all account the snowfall that many people said would hit us today and tonight is, accrding to the models, set to take a more easterly track. Ironically the bbc never forecasted it on the maps - I/we thought they were being ignorant lol!

As I said tonight will be a repeat performance of last night at best for most. Don't expect much later in the week either (unless your planning on moving down south, or east, or anywhere but the north-west for that matter.)

Thanks Hot*Snow. I wasn't expecting too much anyway so everything so far has been a real bonus.

Hoho, two lanes closed on the M6 in Cheshire.......because a lorry has shed a load of fridges! That should help lower the temperatures and help the settling!

Interestingly, webcams show not much snow at Cat & Fiddle or down in Leek, and reading other area threads it has been very hit an miss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
same here mate it would seem the east of the area(NW)is having most of the snow and the showers must be losing all their endergy in the pennines areas like rochdale and oldham.

Yep, for the NW England this area always seems to do the best out of easterlies so we're quite lucky.

Posted

Heavy snow no in Manchester city centre.

Lincolnshire is now getting pasted by an intense area of showery activity. It's coming our way..........

What a day!! :lol:

Karyo