Spurry

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

About 2 cm in Liverpool, was over on Wirral last night, decent fall about 10pm.

Some light/medium flakes falling at present, but feel today will be special. Prolonged snow showers from about 3...right through till midnight/beyond. COME ON!!!! (fingers crossed)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Pah, I can see blue sky in Warrington. The little snow there is could be mostly gone by dinner time at this rate haha!

Morning all - ditto for my kids too, until they saw BBC's coverage of what's happening in the SE! Wish I'd kept the TV off for their and my sake. Just heard a colleague say 'we NEVER (their emphasis) get any decent snow! Still - tbh it was a nice surprsie to see even a sprinkling on the road this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Tell you what, I'm so happy. We have had 1 inch of snow overnight and thats just on paths. it is 2 and a half inches on the grass and still snowing at present. It came around 3am with absolute huge flakes! Pictures coming soon :) WOOOO!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

If anyone hates snow come to Blackpool. :doh: It seems that even some schools in Preston are closed acc to a work colleague. I've had it with living here it's crap for snow - total waste of time, energy and emotion hoping, waiting. Everywhere else remotely east of here seems to be getting something. There - sorry folks - it's of my chest now and I somehow feel better and promise to behave from now on. How ironic if several heavy showers now made it over!

Edit: Guess what? light snow as a type! :doh:

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted

Some visually beautiful scenes round here...snowing, but with the sun coming through, big bright orange sun. Aesthetically gorgeous. Pity I'm a technophobe, and haven't a clue about uploads etc.

Posted
If anyone hates snow come to Blackpool. :doh: It seems that even some schools in Preston are closed acc to a work colleague. I've had it with living here it's crap for snow - total waste of time, energy and emotion hoping, waiting. Everywhere else remotely east of here seems to be getting something. There - sorry folks - it's of my chest now and I somehow feel better and promise to behave from now on. How ironic if several heavy showers now made it over!

The Fylde Coast has to be THE worst place in the country for snow. It has to be. I also am gutted to find we've 'escaped' once again.

I also have had it living here and I'm really not a happy snowflake this morning.

Watching the weather forecasts is like watching the parting of the seas, the radar actually scoops round us.

Why is it like that here? I can't understand it.

Posted

Edit: Guess what? light snow as a type! :blush:

well, you are right next to the sea! if some schools are closed in preston its only because the teachers want a day off, there is 2-3cm here at best!

The Fylde Coast has to be THE worst place in the country for snow. It has to be. I also am gutted to find we've 'escaped' once again.

I also have had it living here and I'm really not a happy snowflake this morning.

Watching the weather forecasts is like watching the parting of the seas, the radar actually scoops round us.

Why is it like that here? I can't understand it.

As the air crosses the Pennines and descends in your area it is enough to stop the convection and precipitation - same here in Warrington.

Funnily enough, rain clouds seem to make it over the hills intact.

As the air crosses the Pennines and descends in your area it is enough to stop the convection and precipitation - same here in Warrington.

Funnily enough, rain clouds seem to make it over the hills intact.

rain clouds are usually from the west,from the east its normally snow.

its a tale of a split really in the NW of England,here just east of manchester its pretty good,away towards the wirall and blackpool etc its a different ballgame being a snowfan i would HATE to live there to be honest

its a tale of a split really in the NW of England,here just east of manchester its pretty good,away towards the wirall and blackpool etc its a different ballgame being a snowfan i would HATE to live there to be honest

I meant rain from the east, like may happen in summer when you hope it will be dry and sunny.

Anyway, nice and sunny now, drip drip drip.

Posted

I said a few months ago North West England one of the worst places in the UK for snow. We've got an inch or two covering here this morning and have had a couple this winter so I'm not complaining myself, but some parts of the North West really are snow starved. The only direction that truly delivers for those locations is the North Westerly but 9/10 the airmass is not cold enough from that direction.