Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted

Moderate snow falling here for the last half hour. :) I can't say there is a fresh cover as we had a cover of snow already remaining, but at least the ruts in existing snow, ice and cars are getting a good new cover.

This is my fifth day of snow falling of this cold spell (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and now today). Snow lying since last Monday.

Posted

Very light snow starting here on the coast. I havent managed a covering at all this week so far, so perhaps Ill get a short one here.

Snow on the leading edge of a band of rain has NEVER delivered a covering here in my lifetime, so Im still sceptical. At least the air coming in with the front isnt particularly mild, so that helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Snowing moderately heavy here in Dublin for last 2 hours.

A totally fresh covering on icy ground. I would say about 1 to 2 inches.

Posted

yes i think its starting to snow i hope its heavy and lasts a good few hours

Posted
Snowing moderately heavy here in Dublin for last 2 hours.

A totally fresh covering on icy ground. I would say about 1 to 2 inches.

yea I can verify that, here in Wicklow town there is about an inch of snow on the ground again B)

Edited by BlackHoleSun

Posted

Well, the ground is speckled white with individual snowflakes, but you couldnt call it a covering. About 1mm at its deepest B)

The heavier stuff better hurry up and get here, the temp is rising pretty fast now.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

currently -1.5c and trying to snow its currently snowinng small small grains which are lying well, but in the next half an hour if the snow gets heavy then we might be white, could anyone thats in the main snow band tell me how heavv it is?

Edited by dice48

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

a winter wonderland here snowed heavy for 2 hours and stayed as snow, no rain what so ever, i think its clearing up now. outside temp -0.1c :cold::cold:

Posted

:cold:

Light snow here! About a cm on the ground!

Usually this would be rain! :D

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-2 INCHES of SNOW now on the ground,where it had melted or was used to build snow-men :D

4 INCHES where there was no melt at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

a winter wonderland here snowed heavy for 2 hours and stayed as snow, no rain what so ever, i think its clearing up now. outside temp -0.1c :cold::)

same here,current temp : -0.4c :cold:

SP

Posted

Cloud cover is thickening up here. No snow yet but radar shows we are just on the edges right now.

Cold night last night. We got down to -4.8c. Currently -1.7c. Extremely icy outside. If it snows on top of that, at this temperature things are going to be fairly nasty out and about.

Posted

it has been snowing very lightly in the last half hour and it has only got into light snow in the past ten minutes so light that its blowing around is lying is there a possibility it will get heavier?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Nothing here yet so the band is travelling a little slower than originally thought. Needs to hurry though, temps starting to climb rapidly, fast approaching 1c. As far as reports are going, it sounds like I may be right in what I said, even the East coast will see some lying snow.

Posted

Temp 1.2C and rising, the cloud has thinned enough now to see the sun slightly. Theres a covering of about half a centimetre here, which is more than we've had all week.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

when should the heav stuff come to limavady that stormforce10 and snowplough are reporting? one question snowplough etc did your snow start out really light like ares

Posted
when should the heav stuff come to limavady that stormforce10 and snowplough are reporting? one question snowplough etc did your snow start out really light like ares

If you know how to use radar dice you can check were precipitation is heaviest and how far away it is from you....you should gradually learn how to use all this data and information, that way you'd be able to forecast for your region in particular..

Netweather has a free radar updated every15 minutes....though can't find it at minute.

You can use the meto's radar but its 30 minutes behind, so you'd need to calculate movement and determine where abouts you would be 30 minutes later.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

From looking at the radar, the heavier stuff shouldnt be too far from you now. :o

Posted

Game over for me I think, no precipitation yet and temperature now 2c. Curses! lol

Posted

im starting to worrie now its still snowing lightly and the temperature is about -0.5c and there is no sign of the snow getting sn heavier