Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Its still snowing in Bangor.....though still not lying....its been snowing all night and day here on and off with heavier bursts at times.

Posted
Jumping ahead to the future, looks like there could be a snow event for North Ireland on Saturday night into Sunday.

Im sceptical about that event. The precipitation is ment to be light according to Netweather pros its a dieing front moving in from the West Saturday night.

Well I hope you guysin the East are enjoying all this snow, once again us down in Cork get completely shafted, not a flake!!! It just wont spread any further west than about Laois or Carlow :) I have totally given up any hope of seeing snow down here, not sure what it would take to see snow after this. Its amazing how I can remeber the snow falls of the 80's when I was a child and have the pictures to prove it. Even with these great atmospheric conditions not a flake. Sorry somebody get out a little violin for me ha

Posted
Well I hope you guysin the East are enjoying all this snow, once again us down in Cork get completely shafted, not a flake!!! It just wont spread any further west than about Laois or Carlow :) I have totally given up any hope of seeing snow down here, not sure what it would take to see snow after this. Its amazing how I can remeber the snow falls of the 80's when I was a child and have the pictures to prove it. Even with these great atmospheric conditions not a flake. Sorry somebody get out a little violin for me ha

I wouldn't worry mate, its mostly wet snow and I have none lying in my location, just a damp squib with fairly moderate spells of snow (though small and light flakes).

Edited by The watcher

Well I hope you guysin the East are enjoying all this snow, once again us down in Cork get completely shafted, not a flake!!! It just wont spread any further west than about Laois or Carlow :)

I have totally given up any hope of seeing snow down here, not sure what it would take to see snow after this.

Its amazing how I can remeber the snow falls of the 80's when I was a child and have the pictures to prove it. Even with these great atmospheric conditions not a flake. Sorry somebody get out a little violin for me ha

Posted
Well I hope you guysin the East are enjoying all this snow, once again us down in Cork get completely shafted, not a flake!!! It just wont spread any further west than about Laois or Carlow :)

I have totally given up any hope of seeing snow down here, not sure what it would take to see snow after this.

Its amazing how I can remeber the snow falls of the 80's when I was a child and have the pictures to prove it. Even with these great atmospheric conditions not a flake. Sorry somebody get out a little violin for me ha

If you say it again I'll believe you :) .

I've got a little guitar if that'll do the job, can play some James Blunt for you lol!

Posted
If you say it again I'll believe you :D .

I've got a little guitar if that'll do the job, can play some James Blunt for you lol!

The snow seems to be getting a bit heavier now :D

Posted

We had another big snow shower, very heavy for around 10 mins stuck to cars and grass but the amount of slush on the roads and pavements, if it freezes tomorrow mornings rush hour will be awful.

Posted

what another bitter dissapontment i cant beleive that we missed out on about 6inches of snow over 1c! does anyone know if their is anymore heavy snow heading for limady area so that we can get some snow, the mountains about 1 mile up the road must have over six inches of snow! :nonono:

Posted

well im happy

SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6cm the last time i measured,schools closed early,AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pics in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

SP

Posted

Well from what i can gather i think i'm in for some more showers tonight. Latest radar shows a clump of showers heading down the western side of Scotland. Local forecast also metioned this. Would be nice to get a top up of what we already have on the ground. Still a good covering from last night. Hardly any of it has thawed.

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weathe...ed_kingdom.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

Good Evening Folks - Well a very mixed day all round. Has snowed all day at my location with just bits and pieces lying about at sea level. Have to say a disappointment to say the least given all the factors appeared to be in place for snow to lie. But again like WATCHER said close but no cigar. The temp showing on the car didnt go above freezing all day. For those close to my location and know the Dams on the New Line linking Carrick to Ballynure there is a FOOT yes a FOOT of snow up there which is quite amazing. Have a couple of photos i'll try and upload later. The road has been plouged and well gritted and families are taken advantage by going up with sledges etc.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Well it has just been snowing lightly on and off all day,i seem to have missed out on the heavy stuff :o

Anyway currently lightly snowing with the temp at 0.9c

Posted
Good Evening Folks - Well a very mixed day all round. Has snowed all day at my location with just bits and pieces lying about at sea level. Have to say a disappointment to say the least given all the factors appeared to be in place for snow to lie. But again like WATCHER said close but no cigar. The temp showing on the car didnt go above freezing all day. For those close to my location and know the Dams on the New Line linking Carrick to Ballynure there is a FOOT yes a FOOT of snow up there which is quite amazing. Have a couple of photos i'll try and upload later. The road has been plouged and well gritted and families are taken advantage by going up with sledges etc.

I know the area very well. A foot of snow is crazy. I have had the same amount of lying snow as you Johnny. Yet less than half a mile in any direction around Ballyclare has snow!

Close but no cigar could be how I sum up the winter so far in terms of lying snow. I think this winter has been smashing compared to previous ones but I would like to get a good dumping of snow.

Snowed her from 9pm last night to about 3 pm today. 18 hours of snow and quite a bit of today was heavy but none got to grip with the ground.

Belfast was absolutley mad this morning!!

Current temp is starting to drop and now 0.7c Dew point is 0c but had risen to 1c during the afternoon. Lets hope the downward trend continues.

All eyes on the approaching weekend then! :o

Edited by Baltic Regions

Posted

My mum who lives in North Tyrone in the Strabane area sent me a couple of pics today of the snow and she measured about 4 and a half inches of snow this morning and got the day off work.

If the 12z GFS verifies there will be a good dumping of snow in many parts of N. Ireland on sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
I know the area very well. A foot of snow is crazy. I have had the same amount of lying snow as you Johnny. Yet less than half a mile in any direction around Ballyclare has snow!

Close but no cigar could be how I sum up the winter so far in terms of lying snow. I think this winter has been smashing compared to previous ones but I would like to get a good dumping of snow.

Snowed her from 9pm last night to about 3 pm today. 18 hours of snow and quite a bit of today was heavy but none got to grip with the ground.

Belfast was absolutley mad this morning!!

Current temp is starting to drop and now 0.7c Dew point is 0c but had risen to 1c during the afternoon. Lets hope the downward trend continues.

All eyes on the approaching weekend then! :wacko:

Yes mate totally agree with your comments re this winter. Hope it is a trend in the right direction. A good dumping of snow would be nice. If some of the charts showing in the models verify for about 10days time it will look like the hills only got a skiff today with very very cold temps. But along way for and remaining cold for the next 4 - 5 days at least. Was amazed at the snow in some locations and like you say a short distance away green fields. Still cant get my head round it but sure.

Posted

I looked at the front approaching from the south seems to be heading to s wales not the s east, any opion any body?

Posted

Showers starting to filter in now again. Just had a shower of hail and snow which left the roads white again. What amazed me this morning was the amount of snow around my area compared to a mile down the road where there was hardly anything and i'm only at 95 meters.

Posted

yeah the same here ronan down here at 110m there is no snow lieing atall but about 100m above us there is over half a foot of snow