Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted
Yeah, not looking good. Dry air mass moving towards us from the north - cant see anything major happening for now :D But still loads of potential over the next few days.

Yea, Sat night into Sunday could be memorable or one damp squib! I think for once we might get lucky! Must go good luck guys on your snow tonight!

Posted
  • Location: Hillsborough, Co Down (100m) - home. East London (15m) - uni
  • Location: Hillsborough, Co Down (100m) - home. East London (15m) - uni

Hi everyone, it's been snowing here since about 11pm, nice big fluffy flakes although not that heavy. About 1 inch here so far.

Posted

Well it is still snowing here and I can assume it has been all night.

However, there is absolutley no snow on the ground, cars or gardens. Major disappointment.

We wait again for a decent event of lying snow. :D

Posted

last night at about 3am we had about 2 inches and it was snowing heavily and when i looked outsid 2 hours later it was gone! i m fed up with this everytime it snows by the time it gets to around 6 am its gone . im not trusting the snow on saturday or sunday and to be honest with you i think its being a bit biased .

Posted
last night at about 3am we had about 2 inches and it was snowing heavily and when i looked outsid 2 hours later it was gone! i m fed up with this everytime it snows by the time it gets to around 6 am its gone . im not trusting the snow on saturday or sunday and to be honest with you i think its being a bit biased .

I feel your disappointment. It has been the same here.

I'm just going to trust my own senses for snow for now.

Chin up! It's not over yet and we have had a much more actively cold winter this year! A little bit more strength in the sun will help strengthen shower activity and if cold enough, snow!

Posted
:D woke up this morning looked out and its snowing with a dusting on the ground :o

Is that in wicklow town ?

I presume/hope the roads are ok there? as I will be up there shortly.

Posted
Is that in wicklow town ?

I presume/hope the roads are ok there? as I will be up there shortly.

Yep Wicklow town :) the roads seem ok but the snow is getting very heavy at the moment and small grains falling so its sticking a bit more than earlier :D

Posted
Light snow here now, too wet for it too stick though.

Its been snowing consistently here in Naas for the last 2 hours, there is quite a covering

Posted

Light snow here now after the smallest of coverings overnight - better than nothing i suppose.

Anyone have any updates on Sat/Sun snow?

Posted

I am a complete novice at this so can any of you guys tell me how accurate the gfs preciptation type chart is because when I look at the 6z it shows snow along the east coast all day and as I said earlier it has been snowing here for over 2 hours and is showing no signs of stopping

Posted

Here on the coast its mostly just cold rain. It would be a little generous to call it sleet. :o

The temp is lower now than it was on Tuesday when we had some decent snow showers which is particularly annoying.

Posted

Just spent threee hours in the car for a return journey of 40 mins.

Balycalre was as clean as a whistle this morning and half a mile away was white. :)

Belfast was an absolute nightmare and i turned to come home. Driving a rear wheel drive car in snow is not fun at all.

Fairly heavy snow in Ballyclare now and it is starting to get a grip on the ground. Grass is already white.

Radar shows showers continuing on my direction. Lets hope so.

Belfast got it good. Loads of schools closed.

Got some good photo's on my phone so will upload later when I get the chance.

Edited by Baltic Regions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.
Just rain here in Bangor this morning while Belfast is getting pasted with snow - aaarrrggghhh ! :)

Jon, its snowing up here in Kilcooley, although none lying the ground is absolutely drenched. I suspect it has had a covering and melted after, but still in the heavier bursts it manages to lye for a few minutes before melting. Im in Kilcooley so I've a little bit of height about me, 59m asl.

Temperature dropping though, has dropped 0.5c in last 30 minutes. Last night it dropped to 0.4c by 10pm then started to rise again as the rain band approached, I think thats what caused no lying snow this time around close but no cigar.

Edited by The watcher

Posted
Just spent threee hours in the car for a return journey of 40 mins.

Balycalre was as clean as a whistle this morning and half a mile away was white. :lol:

Belfast was an absolute nightmare and i turned to come home. Driving a rear wheel drive car in snow is not fun at all.

Fairly heavy snow in Ballyclare now and it is starting to get a grip on the ground. Grass is already white.

Radar shows showers continuing on my direction. Lets hope so.

Belfast got it good. Loads of schools closed.

Got some good photo's on my phone so will upload later when I get the chance.

Fantastic - still no lying snow in Bangor, but it is trying to fall now!

Got some pics up in the Craigantlet hills - a different world up there :) :

snow1.gif

snow2.gif

Posted

OMG, Craigantlet is blasted lol.......damn, wish I still had the Motorbike, I'd be heading up for a nosey! grrr!

Posted
OMG, Craigantlet is blasted lol.......damn, wish I still had the Motorbike, I'd be heading up for a nosey! grrr!

I couldn't resist - getting a bit annoyed not seeing any snow here!! There must be at least 6 inches of snow up there - to be honest, I don't think the road would be safe for motorbikes anyway :lazy:

Posted

lol, me and Snowjon must be the only ones missing out on Local falls, curses. :lazy: Why oh why must I live in a crappy housing estate near the sea, I'd rather live in Craigantlet, or the Mournes lol! *shakes fist at the snow gods*