Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Ireland

Posted
im starting to worrie now its still snowing lightly and the temperature is about -0.5c and there is no sign of the snow getting sn heavier

If that temp is accurate you've nothing to worry about.

Here, its snowing heavier again, with big flakes for the first time, but the covering we had is melting rapidly. Dew points must have gone above zero or something. Temp is now 2.1C

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

could anyone post the radar image of the current snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.
Snowing steadily here (Richhill), lying and accumulating well.

Ooh richhill.....I did a ghost hunt at Richhill castle. Nice wee town.

Still nothing here yet and temps are now approaching 2.5c, unless precipitation is heavy I think snow will not lye here.

Posted
Ooh richhill.....I did a ghost hunt at Richhill castle. Nice wee town.

Still nothing here yet and temps are now approaching 2.5c, unless precipitation is heavy I think snow will not lye here.

Yes, it's a conservation village, whatever that means!

The Mournes have some of the deepest snow in NI for years - you could do worse than take a drive down the coast to see them today (blizzards permitting).

Posted

It seems to be on the verge of turning back to sleet here, but its done quite well all the same. Im not much above sea level.

Posted

Had our first decent covering this morning here. a few centimeters which is better than nothing. still snowing lightly. kids making snowmen and all that.

Temps have already reached 7 and 8c in the west (bellmullet) and south west (valentia).

Q

Posted
It seems to be on the verge of turning back to sleet here, but its done quite well all the same. Im not much above sea level.

as I was reading your post its snowing again here and were at sea level too :cray:

Posted
as I was reading your post its snowing again here and were at sea level too :cray:

Its very borderline alright. The temps across the midlands are still pretty low, so we probably wont see a major rise in temp just yet, even when the westerly sets in.

Posted
Its very borderline alright. The temps across the midlands are still pretty low, so we probably wont see a major rise in temp just yet, even when the westerly sets in.

yea later today the temp will rise but I dont mind to be honest I would rather have proper snow any day than this cold rain, sleet and snow mix.... we had a good covering earlier but is thawing quiet fast now.. whats the story with tomorrows front moving from the south?

Edited by BlackHoleSun

Posted

what temperature rise the temperatures here not forecast to get above 2c in the next three days here and today its gonna be between 0 and 2c today. any confirmation of this heavy band of snow reaching northern ireland seems to be going very very slow.

Edited by dice48

Posted
whats the story with tomorrows front moving from the south?

Forecasters nightmare thats what. :lol:

Peronally I dont think it'll be cold enough for sleet or snow apart from on high ground, and the east wind wont help matters along the Irish Sea coast. The GFS doesnt seem to think it'll come this far north, but you might get something. The higher parts of the Wicklow will propbably get yet more snow!

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted

Snow is falling on around me.............

Another pasting underway in the Castlereagh Hills. Hoping to add another 5/6cm onto my existing 11cm. All side roads are like ice rinks at the moment.

Really big fluffy flakes now. Predictions are fall snow for around 3/4 hours....lovely jubbly.

Posted

The temp here is now 3.4C, with large raindrops and large snowflakes mixed together. Ild say higher ground is still doing quite well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Started snowing here fairly light, current temp is 3.1c and beginning to decline again. Heaviest area seems to be heading my direction :D .

Dice mostly the South will be warming up because of warmer uppers down there.....the North will remain quite chilly.

Posted
Very light snow starting here on the coast. I haven't managed a covering at all this week so far, so perhaps Ill get a short one here.

Snow on the leading edge of a band of rain has NEVER delivered a covering here in my lifetime, so Im still sceptical. At least the air coming in with the front isn't particularly mild, so that helps.

I was also skeptical as I always take it with a pinch of salt when forecasters say they're be snow on the leading edge. It usually rains!

There is about 2cms of snow here on the ground at the most. As there was no wind, there is certainly no drifting. It looks nice but there definitely isn't as much as there was on Monday night last. Still though, we're getting spoilt! :D

It also doesn't feel as cold as last Monday and Tuesday, but maybe that's partly because it's absolutely calm here today.

Posted

Been falling nicely in Glengormley for maybe 10-15mins or so now. Topping up what we already have but not really settling on cars etc..

Posted

Has been snowing since 8.30 this morning. Looks to be clearing a bit now. This band has left another 5cms in my area. Going to the hills now for some sledging. Good luck everybody

Posted

2.5 inches on the ground here and still snowing although not as heavy as 20 minutes ago when the most colossal flakes were falling.

Posted

A heavy burst of rain here just now, with just a rogue flake visible now and again if you stare at it long enough. :lol:

The covering is completey gone now.