Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
Just driven back from the Abbey via Crooked Mile in blizzard like conditions. Lighter snow when I got home but beginning to settle a bit on cars etc...wind not so much a factor at the moment

I know it well. That's a dangerous bit of road at the best of times. Glad you are home safely.

Posted
Nothing but a few passing flakes in Gravesend for the past two hours. Showers East and West though. Looks like the wind has swung more North of East preventing any streamer for the Thames and killing the shower intensity over Essex.

Exactly My Point

The Wind is more NNE Than ENE, This is having a major effect on the distribution of Showers, there is a No mans Land at the moment, roughly from Just South of Chelmsford (Me :( ) across to Herts, this takes in the North of Kent that does not get Affected by the NE Wind like places further East along the North Kent Coast like Herne etc, this also affects London and SE London, unfortunately if the Wind does not get back to ENE Then the Fabled Thames Streamer will still be fabled this evening and areas that are enjoying a few centimetre now will have there 15-20 Centimetres by Morning whereas the No mans Lnd will have merely a dusting if that.

Need this to change before the Major Convection kicks off pretty soon or I am going to work tomorrow and will be seeing cars travelling in from Kent covered with Snow :doh:

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter
Great news but i dont see kent mentioned??? Unless i missed it! :doh:

Thats because you are on the East coast forecast. Select the South East, its there. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Arghh..stopped as soon as I made last post! Now looking out my back door towards the east I can see a corridor of blue sky heading over me.....when will ever get a Lea streamer!

Posted

Clouding Over again in Rayleigh, but no snow as yet

Looking at the wind direction we are going to miss the heavy stuff :doh:

Looking out Eastwards towards Southend the Clouds are very dark.....get ready kent you are going to get dumped on :(:(

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Exactly My Point

Paul S

Have faith mate , i'm sure by tomorrow you will be smiling :doh:

Posted
Clouding Over again in Rayleigh, but no snow as yet

Looking at the wind direction we are going to miss the heavy stuff :doh:

Looking out Eastwards towards Southend the Clouds are very dark.....get ready kent you are going to get dumped on :(:(

ooh...i hope so.... :)

[quote name='Paul Sherman' date='1 Feb 2009, 04:13 PM' post='1448270']

Exactly My Point

The Wind is more NNE Than ENE, This is having a major effect on the distribution of Showers, there is a No mans Land at the moment, roughly from Just South of Chelmsford (Me :( ) across to Herts, this takes in the North of Kent that does not get Affected by the NE Wind like places further East along the North Kent Coast like Herne etc, this also affects London and SE London, unfortunately if the Wind does not get back to ENE Then the Fabled Thames Streamer will still be fabled this evening and areas that are enjoying a few centimetre now will have there 15-20 Centimetres by Morning whereas the No mans Lnd will have merely a dusting if that.

Need this to change before the Major Convection kicks off pretty soon or I am going to work tomorrow and will be seeing cars travelling in from Kent covered with Snow :doh:

Paul S

Posted
Exactly My Point

Paul S

Hi, does this mean that the NE tip of Kent is likley to miss out?

Posted

Just popped outside and Kent has some serious looking clouds as the previous Poster has stated (From Rayleigh Just Up the Road From Me) also a hefty Shower has just skimmed to our North, looking North East it is just Blue Blue Sky :(:(:doh:

I will keep the faith Neil but having lived here throughout the best ENE Shots of the 80's I kind of think this is going Pete Tong!

Paul S

Posted
Thats because you are on the East coast forecast. Select the South East, its there. :(

Lovely Jubley!! Cheers for that.... :doh:

Posted

Got a serious snow shower here now moderate to heavy snow - and the whole place has gone seriously dark.

Given a good dusting everywhere from one brief shower.

And its getting heavier again. Big flakes now. Christ its turning into a blizzard as im typing.

Posted

Posted this before, but lost track in the mayhem, supposed to be travelling to London tomorrow morning at 7am, chances don't look great (by train) what does anyone else think?

Cheers.

Posted
Hi, does this mean that the NE tip of Kent is likley to miss out?

You will get Plastered

CV & Davie - Cut it out, this thread has been very nice would be ashame if it gets ruined by Bickering, Cv obviously posted that as a light hearted bit of banter, can we end it there

Paul S