Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Ok looking out the window to the east and the wind has subtly changed now a more ENE direction and certainly has become cloudier over the last 15 minutes or so - as I'm upstream from members expecting the Thames streamer to take place I'll let you know if we have any developments here.

Edited by Timmy H

Timmy,

do you already have a covering your way ?

Ok looking out the window to the east and the wind has subtly changed now a more ENE direction and certainly has become cloudier over the last 15 minutes or so - as I'm upstream from members expecting the Thames streamer to take place I'll let you know if we have any developments here.

Posted

snowing and settling here now

Posted
Does that mean that it going easterly is going to kill off the showers over kent?

What do you mean kill off, im still waiting!

i keep on watching radar and the all seem to like Canterbury.

Posted
Thundersnow mustve been on Jan 28th 2004

yup - it was that year alright. didnt remember what the date was.but jan 28th sounds about right - was already dark when i was leaving work when the thundersnow happened.

i remember an ENORMOUS bang and flash, and wooosh - the snow came down.

amazing event. here's hoping we get some action like that tonight.

Posted
Bye Bye snow :rolleyes:

Neil

You will be fine also

Wind definately now ENE - So with the arrival of the Colder Upper we really should start to see Some Serious Showers now and get the 1st Pinks on the radar for the 1st time today

Paul S

Posted

I suspect we're moving towards the end of the current lot here near t wells, but its been snowing quite heavily for quite a long time, and we now have an even layer over everything. Even the grass is close to being completely submerged.

Posted
yes paul i see it, took a quick pic its a salmon pink , snow has stopped here now, but can see the clouds marching this way, lets see if they drop any more snow!!

regards

michesnowsbest

I was wondering if this was the case as the clouds seem to be moving more down the thames in the Daretford area, could just be my wishful thinking.

I hope nobody noticed my deliberate mistake of posting the wrong quote, old age and over excitement?

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
Neil

You will be fine also

Wind definately now ENE - So with the arrival of the Colder Upper we really should start to see Some Serious Showers now and get the 1st Pinks on the radar for the 1st time today

Paul S

Paul

I love you :wub:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
We Have nothing here in Ware Hertfordshire it's going to miss us :)

I know the feeling...it seems we can be too far north, too far east, too far west or too far south.... or not high enough!

If there's a way to miss it we'll miss it....nothing looks on for a while anyway here :wub:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Does anybody else think the bbc met weather maps for snow forecasting and cold temps are crap?

Posted

As soon as the wind Shifts back and we have a small flurry, But things looking on track again, Stevie M Will be happy and I am sure he will Update shortly

Paul S

Posted
I know the feeling...it seems we can be too far north, too far east, too far west or too far south.... or not high enough!

If there's a way to miss it we'll miss it....nothing looks on for a while anyway here :wub:

don't worry im missing the showers too, they seem a bit too spread out. But hopefully as the night wears on they will become heavier and more widespread :)

Posted

:):) Lol your so optomistic aint ya!!

I always use to say Herts misses everything because were too posh for it lol.

Posted

unfortunately not mine! :wub: they are my dads.. but no doubt the smallest amount of snow will render them useless!

Posted
Timmy,

do you already have a covering your way ?

Nope - been really poor here this afternoon, a few flakes and that's been it, but to the north Heybridge, Maldon etc. through to Basildon have had a dusting, so obviously a line moving through on the then NE breeze, but has subtly changed but not quite the ENE of earlier today.

Posted

Latest forecast suggests 25cm tonight for some parts of SE! Wouldnt rule out 50cm for some by the time the front passes tommorow night!

Posted

Sorry, I'm a new to all this so if this is a silly question, please forgive me! What areas would be affected by a Thames streamer - High Wycombe perhaps?? :wub: