Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Mich

Look to your SE, Kent is gonna get hammered, Darkest Clouds I have seen in a Long time, the Anvil is a beautiful Pink Colour from the Setting Sun.

Timmy I share your worries

Paul S

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
i've just looked out into my back garden and i think armageddon is here.... :)

So i see :) its vanished in your direction

no mands land from just south of Chelmsford ?

well here in Chelmsford its sersiously snowing now !

heaviest I've seen in years

no "no mans land" here ! :)

[quote name='Paul Sherman' date='1 Feb 2009, 04:13 PM' post='1448270']

Exactly My Point

The Wind is more NNE Than ENE, This is having a major effect on the distribution of Showers, there is a No mans Land at the moment, roughly from Just South of Chelmsford (Me :( ) across to Herts, this takes in the North of Kent that does not get Affected by the NE Wind like places further East along the North Kent Coast like Herne etc, this also affects London and SE London, unfortunately if the Wind does not get back to ENE Then the Fabled Thames Streamer will still be fabled this evening and areas that are enjoying a few centimetre now will have there 15-20 Centimetres by Morning whereas the No mans Lnd will have merely a dusting if that.

Need this to change before the Major Convection kicks off pretty soon or I am going to work tomorrow and will be seeing cars travelling in from Kent covered with Snow :doh:

Paul S

Im frustrated as well- However- remember 6pm was the kick off point--

3pm

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs031.gif

6pm

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs061.gif

9pm

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs091.gif

We have from 6pm- 12pm Tomorrow thats 18 hours of Convective potential before the main band arrives- even averaging a low 0.5cm an hour will take us to 10 cms...

S

Posted

Few light snow showers here in N Norfolk today but nothing much really. Looks like the convection is missing quite a big portion of Norfolk which is disappointing as I had always thought it did quite well in these situations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

The scene so far from the back garden of where I live...

post-9320-1233506166_thumb.jpg

Posted

hippy hattie sent that armageddon this way please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big clouds out to my east so heres hoping!!!!

Posted
kent i think !! thundersnow anyone ?

oooh thundersnow...

had some of that in hampshire a few years ago - and it was incredible.

(nightmare for drivers though - it happened so fast that hundreds of folks were stranded..)

Posted
So i see :doh: its vanished in your direction

that's funny 'cos it looks like its headed towards canterbury!!!....have to say the sky looks quite scary with these huge mushrooming clouds.....i'm getting very excited and addicted to this site!!y

Posted
At the moment for Peterborough its most certainly a ENE,ly but once I check S of say Suffolk the flow does appear NE,ly.

Personally I wouldn't worry just yet mate. Infact I was even thinking of taking a nap because im not really expecting it to kick off until this evening.

Just think though if the thames streamer does develop and the 15cm snowfall as suggested by the Met O does come off what on earth will the snowfall totals be tomorrow afternoon when the persistant snow starts developing!!

Thanks Dave

But if it is a N Easterly the Thames Streamer simply cannot work (Which is what the Beebs Forecast was based on surely) and Snow Amounts will be greatest In Kent and Sussex not in the London area.

Will have to wait and see but I fear Part 1 is going wrong for some and the lucky lot are going to get some serious totals

**BTW We need the Winds the other way round, you can have my NE If you trade me your ENE, You would then get a Wash Streamer and we would get the Thames Streamer :doh::(

Edit : Mark you know what I mean, about 5-10 Miles South of Chelmsford where the NE Does not work, Not Chelmsford itself

Posted
This proves my Point It CANNOT Be Easterly where I am, Basildon is Exactly Due East by 10 Miles from Me and I watched that Heavy Shower just to my North, I can now see Blacknes to my due West and Armageddon to my South East :doh: So this is definately NE From my location which makes all the difference and has a massive knock on effect if you want the Thames Streamer for areas further down the Line.

Paul S

Surely Basildon is 10 miles west of Leigh, unless I'm really confused.

Posted
I hope i'm in the armageddon bit...my sense of direction is rubbish!!

i like the armageddon quote...lol...Us over in Sunny Florida.oopps sorry I mean West UK might be digging you lot out come Tuesday night :doh:

Posted

Well its arrived , its not as amazing as the previous one... YET but it is coming down

Posted
oooh thundersnow...

had some of that in hampshire a few years ago - and it was incredible.

(nightmare for drivers though - it happened so fast that hundreds of folks were stranded..)

Thundersnow mustve been on Jan 28th 2004

Posted

Just had a 5 minute blizard here in south west London - the anvil cloud looked stunningly orange in the sunset. There were massive orange columns of snow on the leading edge.

Posted
Surely Basildon is 10 miles west of Leigh, unless I'm really confused.

Yes thats what I meant DOH! :doh::(

Posted

PAUL SHERMAN , update for you

Just had a check on the radar across the south-east. So far today, showers have been mostly moving NE to SW. However, on the last few images things are beginning to turn more easterly. The large line of snow showers currently orientated NE-SW across Kent is beginning to move directly eastwards, as are more showers out to sea. Here we go

from another forum

Posted
Thanks Dave

But if it is a N Easterly the Thames Streamer simply cannot work (Which is what the Beebs Forecast was based on surely) and Snow Amounts will be greatest In Kent and Sussex not in the London area.

Will have to wait and see but I fear Part 1 is going wrong for some and the lucky lot are going to get some serious totals

**BTW We need the Winds the other way round, you can have my NE If you trade me your ENE, You would then get a Wash Streamer and we would get the Thames Streamer :doh::(

Edit : Mark you know what I mean, about 5-10 Miles South of Chelmsford where the NE Does not work, Not Chelmsford itself

well heres hoping paul honking down here and lots still up there drifting too only 30 miles north of London