Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

What a day it's been for the brave gritting team. We have been gritting since last night and staff are starting to get a little tired with vehicles occasionally breaking down. Salt stock is reducing at an alarming rate but I think we should be ok for the rest of the season. We have used over 1000 tons since November 2008.

We are expecting several inches of snow over night into tomorrow., hence the severe weather warning the MetO have realised for the SE including London :clap:

Gritting teams will be deployed all night into tomorrow. Believe this or not, but the whole team are really excited as some have not seen this extreme snowfall before or over 10 years.

Just a few cm's of snow here right now. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Its beiggning to get it's act together in the Thames Estuary, fingers, toes and eyes crossed for a streamer!

Posted

I'd go as far as to say S.Essex may well see the heaviest falls its seen since Feb 1991 given the snow showers will only pick up strength in the next 6-9hrs or so as forcing increases and even 15cms may well be conservative IMO there...classic I have to miss such a great event hehe!

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
Are you sure Dave? Earlier on today showers were moving in W/SW direction now they are moving in a straight W direction, this sucks for my location because it looks like it will be dry here for the rest of the night.

No surprises so far then :D:clap:

Posted

Most users ever online was 1,077 on 8 minutes ago

Posted
Looks like some snow has acctually settled on the M25 in Essex!!

But the M2 in Kent the whole carriageway is covered in snow.

Its going to be pure chaos tomorrow. People are so unaccustomed to this nowadays. Fun Fun Fun!

Posted
Hello Callie!

If you've finished your shift, best get home now as Friday Street is starting to fill up!

If not, you'll have a quiet night with the 'punters'! :lol:

Not finishing until midnight! Not sure if there will be any rooms at the Inn tonight as quite suprisingly busy!

Callie ;)

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
The thing to remember is at the moment the only region that has any real forcing and instablity is indeed near the tHames with the snow streamer setting up.

However by about 2-5am the forcing will have increased quite a lot across the whole of the SE and so we should see much more in the way of shower activity in the region so no one should worry jus yet, still very much in the early stages...which bodes very well for those already having heavy snowfalls!

Latest forecast on News24 has tomorrow's frontal snow missing Sussex completely now and going direct to East Anglia. Is this likely do you know ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Allmost a 'white out' event here in DA7 at the mo wonderful.... blizzard like !!

Just had a shower at Watford, hardly enough to cover the ground, however -2C, so that which does fall should be nice and powdery.

Can anybody do anything to keep away the warm sector due to arrive in the next 24-48 hours. It seems such a pity really because it will change nice fluffy stuff into horrible slush.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together
Looks like some snow has acctually settled on the M25 in Essex!!

But the M2 in Kent the whole carriageway is covered in snow.

junction 1 2 looking a little snowy too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/webcams/ca...c_new_southeast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning
16_4_42.gif I just had a snow flurry here in Hertford Hertfordshire that lasted about 5 minutes. Theres a light covering of snow on cars, paths and roads. No snow on grass yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Enjoy you lot because it seems not much will get here anymore. :lol:

So much for the 10cm expected over here.

Posted
Its going to be pure chaos tomorrow. People are so unaccustomed to this nowadays. Fun Fun Fun!

Looks like alot of agencies haven't sent gritters out!! and i think grit doesn't acctually melt snow if it's laid on top of the snow, i thought only ice.

Posted

Is Luton too far north for this band of showers/thames streamer?? We have a good covering from early shower. Met office radar is soooo slow so I cant work out which way these are heading if its ne to sw then they will miss me but straight e to w then i will be in firing line. Any ideas?? :lol:

Posted
Allmost a 'white out' event here in DA7 at the mo wonderful.... blizzard like !!

The same at DA6 :lol: