IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

IM GOING TO CRY!!!!!!!!! :):D:):):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow - I'm an 80 year old kid at heart!

Dave3R

"so what are the debts of snow going to be for the south east as the bbc keep changing they say 25cm then back to 15 cm totaly confused!"

you really are confused - this is a weather thread - I think you want Moneyfacts or similar?

Posted
David you are on the Cusp but should be allright from this Set-Up, Generally these filter through the 3 Estuaries in Essex, The Crouch, The Roach and the one further Up by Colchester and track WSW, Northern Limit would be Herts, Southern The South Downs and S London etc

how far into herts paul ! its a big county

Posted

The thing to remember is that there is increasing forcing and instablity working in from the east now anyway, the snow showers presently are the first sign of this and this should end up getting well inland meaning the showers should as well by around midnight-3am.

Posted
IM GOING TO CRY!!!!!!!!! :):D:):):)

Hi neilsouth

at least you have had some, what is the thickness of a snowflake, that is how much depth of snow that we have had and we are only a few miles from you.

Posted
Dave3R

"so what are the debts of snow going to be for the south east as the bbc keep changing they say 25cm then back to 15 cm totaly confused!"

you really are confused - this is a weather thread - I think you want Moneyfacts or similar?

Its credit crunch snow !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Hi neilsouth

at least you have had some, what is the thickness of a snowflake, that is how much depth of snow that we have had and we are only a few miles from you.

Sorry mate , unless the showers start forming east of us in the southern north sea then well. I'm in whinge mode :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
That's weird as I am in Eastbourne and it hasn't been snowing in my part of town for at least an hour.

Chucking down here in langney/eastbourne for the last half hour too actually.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all,

Well thats amazing, just got back from work (Croydon) to Lee SE12 and after being a little concerned at the wind direction earlier in the aft., was really pleased to hear the Essex guys report a change in wind direction. Then 6 o'clock on the dot, as per ppn forecasts, caught the first few flakes in Bromley. There was already a patchy dusting here in SE12 from the first few flurries and getting off the bus, I noted a lovely uniform grey to the cloud all points east of here, up over Shooters Hill. Steady snow shower as soon as I got in and now complete snow cover and expecting quite a bit more during the rest of the night, although has eased a little as I post.

Regards,

Tom

Posted
Sorry mate , unless the showers start forming east of us in the southern north sea then well. I'm in whinge mode :)

I know the feeling. anyway welldone with what you have had and good luck for anymore you might recieve.

ps....it seems to be delaying the trains at canterbury and as I have to come through there on the train in the morning it be quite an experience. :D

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Looks to me anyway that the line of showers that has fed south Kent and East Sussex (and me!) this afternoon is still going - it might well be the case that this and the Thames streamer which is getting going will merge anyway. So I think some people should just relax and enjoy the fun!

Posted

I reckon Paul S earlier wish has come true.

Snow showers to the SE appear to me moving from a ENE,ly direction and around the Wash there now appears to be a NE,ly instead of a ENE,ly.

Hopefully everyone is a winner. :D

Posted

The depth total of 25cms is certainly possible locally near the Thames esturay I suspect but away from that and maybe the Humber I would'nt expect quite that much but we have to wait and see, still widely expect 10-15cms in the SE/East Anglia.

Posted

Some really bright echoes now on the latest radar with an intensifying band of snow showers heading wsw into London! Chaos looks likely to ensue in the capital shortly! :D

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
Chucking down here in langney/Eastbourne for the last half hour too actually.

Hi Jas mate! Oh yes, its fantastic :D . Going to have a couple of hours of warmth then out to take some late night pictures around the local area on foot as the roads are now getting impassable! :)

Posted
Chucking down here in langney/eastbourne for the last half hour too actually.

Snowing quite hard here, I am currently just off Lottbridge Drove.

Callie :D