Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

snowing again here - moderately, blowing about big time ! orange sky again, been about 30mins since last snow shower

hows the streamer looking Kold ?

Posted
Oh this is excellent now! We've got about 1-2cm already. I know it's just a shower but if there's more it'll be excellent. -3.3c now!

Send it this way!! lol.

Yeah polar Bear, they are the most snowy junctions at the moment.

Posted
Enjoy you lot because it seems not much will get here anymore. :lol:

So much for the 10cm expected over here.

LOL you're telling me, still clear skies here yet in London, they have snow, I really hope it comes here, getting a bit impatient now!! I hear of 'blizzard like' conditions in Southern parts of London and I get all excited under my clear skies ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Latest forecast on News24 has tomorrow's frontal snow missing Sussex completely now and going direct to East Anglia. Is this likely do you know ?

Why don't you PM TEITS? He calls most things right. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
Hi Jas mate! Oh yes, its fantastic :clap: . Going to have a couple of hours of warmth then out to take some late night pictures around the local area on foot as the roads are now getting impassable! :cold:

Hi again matey! cant remember where you were, wasnt it meads way? me and the misses went out earlier in a snow shower but if it starts again we mght pop out again, nice covering already here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather
Snowing quite hard here, I am currently just off Lottbridge Drove.

Callie :clap:

Hi again callie! long time no speak, last time was prob with the easter snow last year, looking good out there so far.

Posted
Is Luton too far north for this band of showers/thames streamer?? We have a good covering from early shower. Met office radar is soooo slow so I cant work out which way these are heading if its ne to sw then they will miss me but straight e to w then i will be in firing line. Any ideas?? :clap:

Yes, Thames streamer is basically just the areas immediately around the estaury and Luton is no where near I'm afraid so that wont effect you. I wouldn't think you will get much until later tonight /tomorrow that's when it seems to be forecasted, as for here too, the showers coming in over London are dying out before getting 40 miles to the west where I am, I am expecting a small covering though by morning but shant hold my breath as in these situations usually everything passes to the south of me and goes through Surrey/Hants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks Bexleyheathites, we've just received your latest snow shower here in Lee and pretty heavy it is too. I wonder how Shooters Hill is fairing!

Regards,

Tom.

Hi 1st post on here although I used to be on here when it started some 4 or 5 years ago after snow watch, some may remember me as Old Johnny Alps, a complete novice at weather but a tad more savvy now (yeah right!) recent events have made me join up again. As I write really heavy snow (I am in Crawley West Sussex) but not quite as heavy as it was an hour or so ago when I was on the M23 north to Gatwick. Never seen anything like it!! Quite scary to be honest, fast lane was a snow covered no go best I could do was go 15 mph in the middle following the tracks from the car in front, which I could only just see. Hasn't snowed this hard for years and years (well not while I was awake anyway!) take care tomorrow (I have to drive to Hove for 11am) :clap:

Posted
Enjoy you lot because it seems not much will get here anymore. :clap:

So much for the 10cm expected over here.

Dont be silly young man and try and spoil the fun the severe heavy snow has not even got going yet and i have 2cms go and play with the grass.

Posted
I'd go as far as to say S.Essex may well see the heaviest falls its seen since Feb 1991 given the snow showers will only pick up strength in the next 6-9hrs or so as forcing increases and even 15cms may well be conservative IMO there...classic I have to miss such a great event hehe!

Hope your right mate.

Been a bit disappointed with the showing thus far. A very light covering of mostly snow grains at the moment.

Fingers crossed for more beefy activity overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

I think I'll be getting the train to work tomorrow!!! :clap:

There's at least a good inch outside and more to come!!!

Posted
I think some people on here would benefit from paying a months subs for the NW radar it is spot on and great fun watching the showers come in

I definitely recommend it, it's an absolute bargain for what you get!

The snow has stopped here now, we've got a modest 2cm. It's -3.4c mind, can't remember it being that cold and snowing before.

Posted

The only issue for SE Essex though is because the Thames snow streamer tends to beef up showers further west down the Thames, though thats not to say you shouldn't get a good wallop.

As I keep saying this is still only the start of the main event, instablity and forcing are still both increasing from the east over the next 6hrs.

Paul S, watch for thundersnow soon!!

Edited by kold weather

Posted
The depth total of 25cms is certainly possible locally near the Thames esturay I suspect but away from that and maybe the Humber I would'nt expect quite that much but we have to wait and see, still widely expect 10-15cms in the SE/East Anglia.

I think 25cms is a little bit of a ramp from the BBC. There will be showers around but I don't see any merging to give longer spells of snow over the SE. The showers where they hit though throughout the night will deposit snow leading to accumulations of 10-12cms.

Posted

red alert now for us

North West EnglandHeavy Snow & Drifting Snow1800 Sun 11200 Mon 2 Yorkshire & HumberHeavy Snow & Drifting Snow1800 Sun 11200 Mon 2 East MidlandsHeavy Snow & Drifting Snow1800 Sun 11200 Mon 2 East of EnglandHeavy Snow & Drifting Snow1800 Sun 11200 Mon 2 London & South East EnglandHeavy Snow & Drifting Snow1800 Sun 11200 Mon 2 spacer.gif

Early warnings of severe or extreme weather

These are issued when the Met Office has 60% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few days.

Risk of disruption

Warning

Valid from

Valid to

UK regions: 60%East of England60%London & South East EnglandHeavy Snow & Drifting Snow0001 Mon 22359 Mon 2There is a Moderate Risk of an Extreme weather event affecting parts of southeast England, including parts of London during Monday. There is the potential for bands of heavy snow to bring accumulations of up to 15cms to some areas, accompanied by strong easterly winds, bringing drifting to higher ground.

Issued at: 1131 Sun 1 Feb

UK regions: 60%East of England60%North West England60%Wales60%South West England60%Yorkshire & Humber60%West Midlands60%London & South East England60%East Midlands60%North East EnglandHeavy Snow0001 Mon 22359 Mon 2There is a High Risk of a Severe Weather event affecting much of England and Wales on Monday. Periods of snow will continue to extend northwestwards through the day, with heavy falls likely in places. Although marked variations will occur from place to place, 5-10cm is likely in many areas with as much as 20-30cm possible, especially over higher ground. Drifting will occur in fresh to strong easterly winds. This could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across higher level routes.

This Early Warning will be superseded by Flash messages.

Issued at: 1407 Sun 1 Feb

UK regions: 60%East of England60%North West England60%Central, Tayside & Fife60%Yorkshire & Humber60%London & South East England60%East Midlands60%SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders60%Wales60%South West England60%Grampian60%West Midlands60%North East EnglandHeavy Snow0000 Tue 32359 Tue 3There is a High Risk of a Severe Weather event affecting much of England, Wales and eastern Scotland during Tuesday. Periods of snow will continue to extend northwestwards through the day, with heavy falls likely in places. Although marked variations will occur from place to place, 5-10cm is likely in many areas with as much as 20-30cm possible, especially over higher ground. Drifting will occur in fresh to strong easterly winds. This could cause disruption to travel networks, especially across higher level routes.

Snow may turn to rain from the east at lower levels.

This Early Warning will be updated at 11:00 on Monday 2nd February 2009.

Issued at: 1343 Sun 1 Feb

spacer.gif

Advisory of severe or extreme weather

These advisories are issued by 1100 daily as routine and indicate confidence of expected severe or extreme weather. Early warnings and Flash Warnings supersede advisories when confidence levels are 60% or greater.

Risk of disruption

Warning

Valid

UK regions: <A title="Regional detail for Yorkshire & Humber" href="http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/yh_forecast_warnings.html">Yorkshire & Humber London & South East England North East EnglandHeavy SnowSun 1 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of eastern and southern England. Snow showers are expected to move westwards, becoming more widespread Sunday evening and bringing a few cm to some areas. Snow showers will be accompanied by strong easterly winds.

Issued at: 1631 Sun 1 Feb

UK regions: Wales South West England Central, Tayside & Fife Grampian SW Scotland, Lothian & BordersHeavy SnowMon 2 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting some northern and western parts of the United Kingdom on Monday. Colder weather with snow showers, heavy at times could give some significant accumulations in places, with the greatest amounts likely over higher ground, or east facing coasts.

Issued at: 1350 Sun 1 Feb

UK regions: Northern Ireland Central, Tayside & Fife SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders Wales Strathclyde South West England Grampian Highlands & Eilean SiarHeavy SnowTue 3 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting northern and western parts of the United Kingdom on Tuesday. Cold weather with snow showers, heavy at times could give further significant accumulations in places, with the greatest amounts most likely over higher ground on east facing coasts.

Issued at: 1207 Sun 1 Feb

UK regions: North West England Northern Ireland Central, Tayside & Fife SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders Orkney & Shetland Strathclyde Grampian Highlands & Eilean Siar North East EnglandHeavy SnowWed 4 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting many parts of the north of the United Kingdom. Further snow is likely in places, more particularly over higher ground where further significant accumulations are possible.

Issued at: 1525 Sun 1 Feb

UK regions: East of England Northern Ireland Central, Tayside & Fife London & South East England East Midlands SW Scotland, Lothian & Borders Orkney & Shetland Wales Strathclyde South West England Grampian Highlands & Eilean Siar West MidlandsHeavy SnowThu 5 FebThere is a moderate risk of a severe event affecting many parts of the United Kingdom. Further snow is likely in places, more particularly over higher ground where further significant accumulations are possible.

Issued at: 1529 Sun 1 Feb

Posted

Wheres Steve M got to? has he fainted with all the excitement! :clap: the latest radar has a heavy band of snow on his doorstep.