Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
That temperature is creeping up i hope it doesnt hit the 0 mark currently -0.8c

That snow really is being slow to make progress into north somerset and bristol area.

Extremely slow, at this rate I dont know if its going to have enough strength to make it here. Still waiting for something to happen but it still seems the same as a couple of hours ago lol :rolleyes:

Posted
It's getting warmer by the ruddy minute, thats what. Its now 2.6c, and I'm giving up hope here in Milford :rolleyes:

woody

Looking marginal then, to say the least. Your 850s are between -7 and -8, so you might be ok?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
Looking marginal then, to say the least. Your 850s are between -7 and -8, so you might be ok?!

sorry Ben, forgive me. what are 850's?

woody

Posted

The temp here has started to fall slightly again for the first time in about 4 hours here. -0.2c currently. Think I'll wait to see what GFS 18z shows for Thurs and then head out with the camera.

Edited by Goatherd

Posted

This is fantastic that spinning low just keeps bringing the snow back to me. Not amazingly heavy but I can see this lasting for a few hours yet!

Posted
Extremely slow, at this rate I dont know if its going to have enough strength to make it here. Still waiting for something to happen but it still seems the same as a couple of hours ago lol :lol:

Hi guys, i'm back.

Still same here. Reports from midlands that temps are rising slightly; some milder pockets mixed in.

Not sure if that snow in somerset is going to get here. :rolleyes:

Posted
sorry Ben, forgive me. what are 850's?

woody

I believe (and I'm happy to be corrected!) it's the upper(ish) atmosphere temperature where the precipitation is falling from. Generally it needs to be (in conjunction with other factors (dew points etc)) -5 or lower, though there are situaions where it can be not as low as -5 and still produce snow- I think! So -7 is on the right side, just.

Posted
I believe (and I'm happy to be corrected!) it's the upper(ish) atmosphere temperature where the precipitation is falling from. Generally it needs to be (in conjunction with other factors (dew points etc)) -5 or lower, though there are situaions where it can be not as low as -5 and still produce snow- I think! So -7 is on the right side, just.

Thanks ben. much appreciated. Lets both hope for the white stuff. Ironically I have to be in Tenby for 9am in the morning and I could do without the trip...!

cheers

woody

Posted
Thanks ben. much appreciated. Lets both hope for the white stuff. Ironically I have to be in Tenby for 9am in the morning and I could do without the trip...!

cheers

woody

Here's hoping...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
Hi guys, i'm back.

Still same here. Reports from midlands that temps are rising slightly; some milder pockets mixed in.

Not sure if that snow in somerset is going to get here. :D

nope im keeping it all for myself and im not sharing :D

Posted

As we're all snow watching tonite, just popped into the GFS 18z output and it's showing heavy snow for west country, thru' BTL, into Gloucs for early hours of thursday :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

In north devon been snowing on and off from the morning till about 5pm. Had about a inch in places. Was lot of wettish snow although there was some big flakes at times.

Snow is still settled outside and about 0c right now. Really hoping for snow tonight. So nice to see. :D

Posted

Just looked at the 9.30 radar and a finger of snow has suddenly appeared and gone east,as NE Wales are in the dry gap,still light snow here at -1.1c

Looks like the LP centre is west of london now.

Wind is north here.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Its looks as though on the lastest meto radar that its developing more snow on its southwestern edge, and is sprawling in that direction as well, next radar image should tell more hopefully.

Also i thought i'd post some pics of the snow we had earlier, intrestingly its still on the ground.

EDIT: Lol maybe not, its not working

Edited by Devon-Nelly

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A snowy scene in west Wales this evening. Looks like about 5cm out there now and still coming down...bit of a turn up as I'd given up on it looking at the radars before 8pm!

Posted
Its looks as though on the lastest meto radar that its developing more snow on its southwestern edge, and is sprawling in that direction as well, next radar image should tell more hopefully.

Does this mean it might be heading in this direction???????

Posted
As we're all snow watching tonite, just popped into the GFS 18z output and it's showing heavy snow for west country, thru' BTL, into Gloucs for early hours of thursday :)

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! :p

Getting heavier here if anything.

Posted
A snowy scene in west Wales this evening. Looks like about 5cm out there now and still coming down...bit of a turn up as I'd given up on it looking at the radars before 8pm!

Not in this part of West Wales Tony! Barely a covering all pm. Temp now 2.7c

woody

woody

Edited by ukwoody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Just stuck my head out the door and its snowing again, not alot but steady and covering up the tracks from earlier, so who knows what the morning will bring! Only -4.9C now! hehe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

I wish I could save the NW radar animation!

It's just amazing to watch it rotate around Yeovil. I've never seen weather do this over me, well, not in the last 5 years of using NW.

The last time I saw this much snow here must have been back in the eighties!!

Going to be an interesting commute tomorrow.

Posted

Still snowing lightly here in Maesteg. Waiting for that green blob thats developed around Cardiff North & West to head Westwards slap-bang across RCT & Bridgend ... It's taking its time though!

Posted
As we're all snow watching tonite, just popped into the GFS 18z output and it's showing heavy snow for west country, thru' BTL, into Gloucs for early hours of thursday :)

did i hear someone say glos :):p:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! :)

Getting heavier here if anything.

Just got called into work (central Bristol) due to a power cut and it was snowing very hevy on my way backup the M5, saw loads of gritters as well, maybe three in a mile or so.