Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

3inches of snow in Cardiff North at 210meters. 2 Inches of snow falling an hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow is becoming heavier here in Swansea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..
Excellent news, bring on the snow

what about cornwall camborne way have had a lovley amount of snow any more to come??? anyone know for tomoz ?? thanks

Posted

Looking at the radar tracks north Devon is on course for the pasting which the GFS forecast all those days ago. The wrap around is approaching, and as it does so it should stall over the area (with genuine apologies to others if that does happen). This is the theory anyway. If it stalls then quantities could be big again. But we'll see - this is the sort of detail which is always hard to predict.

Posted

16cm of snow now, still coming down heavy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
Is there a possibility this could just continue over us all nite?

Actually, the more I look at it the more I'm inclined to say it could be around for more then a few hours yet. Not necessarily heavy, but consistent. Even though it looks like the rotation will bring the South edge of the ppn back over us, i.e. no more snow, or the rotation will just bring whatever is in the West back over us.

Very difficult to tell at the moment.

Posted

Well, it's been snowing lightly for an hour now in Pontyates (113m asl -1.5 degrees), Carmarthenshire and has just started to really get going.

Been out for a brief walk and the lights across the valley are now hidden behind a thick veil of snow.

Returned to find the precipitation to the north has really intensified (think it's beginning to pick up a little energy from the Irish Sea) and here's hoping it has set in for a couple of hours!

What's happening in Pembrokeshire, anybody? I'm looking for a school closure tomorrow (teachers want the snow as much as the kids!)

Have a Happy Snow Day!

PS Bought the Net Weather radar for a month this morning- haven't got much work done today!

Posted
Snow is becoming heavier here in Swansea

Where in Swansea are you ? VERY light snow here in Manselton !

WelshSnowFan

Posted
Looking at the radar tracks north Devon is on course for the pasting which the GFS forecast all those days ago. The wrap around is approaching, and as it does so it should stall over the area (with genuine apologies to others if that does happen). This is the theory anyway. If it stalls then quantities could be big again. But we'll see - this is the sort of detail which is always hard to predict.

Will it push north through wales or stay south of us down here??

Still snowing quite hard at the moment around 2-3 inches altogether.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Snow just got that bit heavier now, gone from lots of fine flakes to spaced out fat flakes.

Posted

It's been snowing lightly for almost 6hrs now! And going by the radar that blue blob near Bristol seems to be just spinning in the same spot and not moving.

I'm going for a walk as it looks SOOOO NICE out there at the moment! B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hi mate,

Any chance of this coming anywhere near Dartmoor? That'd be the East Dartmoor, rather than North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
What's happening in Pembrokeshire, anybody? I'm looking for a school closure tomorrow (teachers want the snow as much as the kids!)

It's getting warmer by the ruddy minute, thats what. Its now 2.6c, and I'm giving up hope here in Milford B)

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Where in Swansea are you ? VERY light snow here in Manselton !

WelshSnowFan

Dunvant area, Near Tycoch

Posted
Another couple of cm here.

ENJOY IT WHILE WE CAN. LONG GONE BY THIS TIME TUESDAY.

Had the same amounts of snowfall here as you. Im not IN Bristol. 12 miles south.

Just hate half day events with a quick thaw.

Good covering here now still snowing.

Unless you intend gritting every surface I'm willing to bet you'll have snow cover left tomorrow evening, especially as you'll get more overnight!

I'm clutching at straws here, but:

Backbuilding?

I think it's cos the LOW is rotating and very slowly heading in a N/NWish direction.

Fascinating to watch :rolleyes: .

Posted
Hi mate,

Any chance of this coming anywhere near Dartmoor? That'd be the East Dartmoor, rather than North.

I think it will bank up towards Dartmoor yes. If you see Kaz's post it's the perennial problem we have about being between two moors, but coming in from the north should see this hit north Devon and northern Dartmoor hard soonish (by midnight I think or so). Eastern Dartmoor would probably still catch it I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

That temperature is creeping up i hope it doesnt hit the 0 mark currently -0.8c

That snow really is being slow to make progress into north somerset and bristol area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
I think it will bank up towards Dartmoor yes. If you see Kaz's post it's the perennial problem we have about being between two moors, but coming in from the north should see this hit north Devon and northern Dartmoor hard soonish (by midnight I think or so). Eastern Dartmoor would probably still catch it I think.

Thanks for the quick reply, heres hoping we all see some more snow then! Got the wind coming from the NW at the moment, so it might suggest something