Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch : Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Another band is stalling just to the east of Exeter and making slow progress westwards- already an extra cm (making 3cm total so far) on its western flank.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
We really did get a pasting this afternoon. I can't believe it: quite incredible. If we get more tonight then my smile will get even bigger! Whole area round me is completely covered.

i know cant believe how much we got, not that well forecast from our local met office :)

Posted

I wish I was in Wiltshire or Dorset area now, that moderate/heavy ppn has been over them for ages now and barely moving. It hasn't really fizzled out either, if anything intensified a little.

Anyone from around that area in here? Lucky sods lol :)

Posted

Just looking at the upper air tonight is certainly different to normal with less cold air into N england -4c and the coldest air in the SW which then comes back in lighter snow here now at -1.4c temps are expected to rise just slightly looking at GFS then drop again.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs122.gif

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rmgfs152.gif

And this is a very nice sight.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_12_UTC/12_30.gif

Posted
I wish I was in Wiltshire or Dorset area now, that moderate/heavy ppn has been over them for ages now and barely moving. It hasn't really fizzled out either, if anything intensified a little.

Anyone from around that area in here? Lucky sods lol :D

Snow still falling here and a little heavier than 30 mins ago....who knows?? :lol:

People keep driving up our road, making tracks in the lovely snow....how selfish of them!! :):)

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Anyone from around that area in here? Lucky sods lol :lol:

That seems to be the centre of the Low. If it starts to track North West we might be in luck in the Bristol area, although thats a bit of a long shot :D

Edited by kumquat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If you look at the radar and click forward so it predicts the path of shower activity it shows the ppn moving north towards bristol area.

Is the radar any good at projecting the path though? it seems to be moving west although eastern edge has intensified a little.

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Hi Guys,

Here in the valleys - we have moderate snow for the last 2 hours - supposed to be there for most of the night as it seems slow moving! It's been worth waiting for - might be a struggle to get to work tomorrow - quite a few schools will surely be closed in the Caerphilly area in my opinion.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

To try and answer all of the will it won't it snow in Bristol comments....

The rotation around the low in the English channel has now brought the snow over me as far south as it's going to come. As the low moves NE the rotation will continue but the snow will then start to move NNE away from me in Yeovil towards Bristol.

post-892-1233605209_thumb.jpg

Maybe.....

Posted

Still snowing here, 3cm of lying snow on the pavement.

Edited by Goatherd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Anyone from around that area in here? Lucky sods lol :)

i live in forme somerset, its un believeable, 3.5 inches and its still snowing, just didnt expect it to be this bad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow flurries starting to push in here. Was -2.6c now -2.3c

Posted

Anyone from around that area in here? Lucky sods lol :D

Just been playing with some pics, so just arrived here for an update, or to update :) Snow is now falling lightly in West Wilts after some pretty hefty lumps of it. The snow isn't particularly deep - I'd go with Andy Bowen's estimate in this or another thread of 3cms or so. Still, having had little for so long, it still looks good.

3248578760_f37614923e_o.jpg

3247753977_93e912e657_o.jpg

Posted

The rotation around the low in the English channel has now brought the snow over me as far south as it's going to come. As the low moves NE the rotation will continue but the snow will then start to move NNE away from me in Yeovil towards Bristol.

Maybe.....

Sounds promising. I tell you what....NW is DEFINITELY the place to be on a day like today. The amount of knowledge and insight on here, from many quarters, is just brill!! The public funded BEEB take note!

Posted

Maybe.....

Looks interesting :)

I wonder if the English Channel would intensify the showers

Posted
The amount of knowledge and insight on here, from many quarters, is just brill!! The public funded BEEB take note!

Seconded! If you only listened to the radio or watched TV you'd forget the SW even existed today. :)

Posted

starting to pick up here now..... :) .....lets hope this hangs around for a bit,,looking at meteox its slowed down and may sit on us a bit longer !