Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Hi Cheeky Monkey, nice pictures near the station.. I assume no trains, we're just a little further down West End Road, must post pictures soon..

Is anyone here from Chorleywood? If so, how is the weather up there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

There is tonnes of the stuff ready to come up..spreading all the way down to central france and in the channel now !!

Posted
I'm keeping an eye on it Yamkin, looks like possibly a weak trough ahead of the front could be developing, something the models did suggest at times could happen though we shall see what happens in the next hour.

Got light snow again here though which is pleasent to see with the 2 inches on the ground.

Thanks KW.........every time the ppn looks like slowing down, it just intensifies :D

Intensity here we come part 15 :lol:

Posted

Hi,

We have about half an inch to an inch (max), better than nothing but not really anything worth closing the school for the day???

I totally get school being closed if there has been more (like a lot of places), but we only have an inch max - LOL, perhaps they wanted us to feel treated like thoese that have lots of snow - lol.

Anyone know if we should get a good dumping later today with tht whats coming over from france?

Posted

well amazing , not sure how to measure the the depth but measuring the snow that has built up on the patio table it is a mind boggling 12 inches . im in sutton slighty elevated . walked upto suooton train station and back , chaos on the roads and where the snow drifted it was just below my knees (im 5ft9) .......amazing this is better then FEB 91 and we have frontal snow to come !!!

Posted

Maybe the schools are closing due to the heavy snow expected this afternoon which if it is bad would prevent parents from picking up their children?

Posted

sunbury middx - snow is deeper than my jack russelss are tall, no buses, no trains to waterloo - taxi firms constantly engaged.... hmmm... fire on, toastie socks on, lieu day called in, bacon sandwiches and a pot of tea I think!!!

Posted

Kent snow, yep radar confirms thats the frist part of the frontal system coming in, should spread into much of the SE over the next 3hrs. Ahead of the front shower activity should die away and thats starting to occur now with the streamer starting to shift northwards a little.

Heard there is nearly foot in Guildford, pretty amazing amounts of snowfall, some places may come close to record depths of snowfall in a few places...

Edited by kold weather

Posted
That would be the warm and cold fronts? :D

Maybe, but I think the SE & co will be hit by two fronts so to speak with loads of snow :lol:

Posted
:lol: Thinking about giving Up looking at Synoptics and Set-Ups from now on Tom, well pleased for others but my Kids are safely at school, no major problems on the roads around here, just looks like a Wet Miserable Road Surface after some Overnight Rain. I have to stay at home today as C2C Are screwed with heavy Snow Nearer to London and not out in Essex :D Never heard it that way round before, A127 Down between Basildon and Upminster is a Nightmare, and C London sounds like a Mare, so will have to write this day off LOL Paul S
Paul, i got a C2C from limehouse to fenchurch at around 7 this morning, they are about the only carrier giving a service at the mo. :)

i measured 8 inches of laying snow this morning, drifting to 10-12 inches. and more to come apparently :D

Posted
Got a feeling we are going to miss out here...

If you look at the radar you wouldnt say that. Im not joking EA, SE and Midlands will be covered!

Posted
There is tonnes of snow heading up from France...not long now !

All turning readily to snow as well..

And would it reach Norwich?

Posted
Any of you lucky bunch got over 15cm yet?

Lots have..London and Kent (in places) have been swamped. EA...a few inches in the west, and couple in the East.

Posted

Now snowing in Rayleigh......temp 0.7oC and very dark out towards Southend.

Come on more, more more....given up trying for work, but if this peters out then booo I will have to make another attempt :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
coming down thick and fast in Ware Hetfordshire. Had about 5 inches overnight

About the same here in Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire.

Currently snowing heavily here.

I noticed that the Ppn is increasing to the North of London. :o

Posted
And would it reach Norwich?

From what I can see (and its getting stronger as it heads north) it will cover all of EA, Kent, London (again) SE...lots more happy people late this morning ! :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
Hi Cheeky Monkey, nice pictures near the station.. I assume no trains, we're just a little further down West End Road, must post pictures soon..

Is anyone here from Chorleywood? If so, how is the weather up there?

not sure if the tube is still running out this far..definetly no buses today though

Posted
Lots have..London and Kent (in places) have been swamped. EA...a few inches in the west, and couple in the East.

Ooh thats great news :o

Looks like most snow since Feb 1991 then for many?

Certainly great to hear of so much snow falling as its been quite some time since there was a good dumping in London.