Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
From what I can see (and its getting stronger as it heads north) it will cover all of EA, Kent, London (again) SE...lots more happy people late this morning ! :o

Cheers, what depth you got there in Ipswich? Me in Norwich, 2 cms max....

Posted
And would it reach Norwich?

Don't worry runboy, it most definitely will - just check out the radar (on here or even on met office website) and you can see it heading our way - plus the models have been suggesting this for a few days now. I reckon the main dumping will start around lunchtime for Norfolk. I might nip out later to take some photos. Norwich is beautiful anyway, but in snow it'll look fab - especially around the cathedral!

Edited by lockers

Posted
Any of you lucky bunch got over 15cm yet?

Yes I think we have here in Heston. I'd say this is close so far to the most snow I have seen fall in london in my lifetime and theres more to come :o

Posted

Well a Bracknell update.

I think overnight we must have had 5-10cms going on the roof of the car.

There is light snow at the moment, but the cloud appears bright (and no jokes about snow) suggesting that a quieter spell is on the way.

Watching and reading RJS post on the developing low pressure coming up this afternoon. However, please keep 'will i snow in xxxxx limited in that thread!

Posted
Don't worry runboy, it most definately will - just check out the radar (on here or even on met office website) and you can see it heading our way. I reckon the main dumping will start around lunchtime for Norfolk. I might nip out later to take some photos. Norwich is beautiful anyway, but in snow it'll look fab - especially around the cathedral!

Good news then. Yes, I have a pic on the wall entitled "Norwich cathedral in the snow". Maybe today it could be re-created!

Posted

Well... the first of the stuff coming over from the continent has just hit Folkestone... and we're meant to be well inside the warm slice of east kent, with sleet / rain.

No chance! it's snow! And settling on the remains of yesterdays...

Light at the moment.. but snow none the less!

Fingers crossed we catch up with the rest of you!

Laz

Posted
Looks like most snow since Feb 1991 then for many?
Yep they said on the news it's the heaviest falls in the southeast for 18 years, so unless my maths is a little rusty that figures out to 1991 lol :o

Posted

Quick report from here in West Suffolk. Just measured 7.5" in my back garden. Seems to be some kind of North sea streamer event with south Cambridgeshire being the northern extent.

As for the snow forcast for later on, dont even think i will notice the front arrive. It could'nt snow much heavier than it is at the moment!

If anyone wants pics from here feel free to ask.

Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Cheers, what depth you got there in Ipswich? Me in Norwich, 2 cms max....

Probably about the same, maybe 3cm at a push. Disapointing indeed for an easterly for us, its normally us with 8 inches isnt it :o Better prospects this afternoon though and nice to see London get a dumping!

Posted

14 inches seems more then possible given the amount of snowfall that has fallen, LLWA could well be getting close to 20 inches of snow by the end...this is becoming mofre like an American style snow event!

Anyway closing this thread shortly...

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
Going to try and link a piccy. First effort so this may not work. Maybe :doh:

Lovely photos there QPR!!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
Quick report from here in West Suffolk. Just measured 7.5" in my back garden. Seems to be some kind of North sea streamer event with south Cambridgeshire being the northern extent.

As for the snow forcast for later on, dont even think i will notice the front arrive. It could'nt snow much heavier than it is at the moment!

If anyone wants pics from here feel free to ask.

Ray

Yes you are catching that heavy stuff now, much more to come Im sure you will be glad to hear :doh: