Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
There's a stream of very heavy showers feeding up through Lyme bay, brushing Torbay, & heading towards the east devon/dorset coast, probably from sidmouth to bridport...Gfs is showing them as snow...Can any member in those areas confirm?

post-4149-1233676093_thumb.png

Hey,

Not far from here, and there does appear to be a build up of pretty beefy clouds, with thunder rumbling around, so could well be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Right - back from snow ball fights, building snowmen and beer in the pub :wacko:

Now snowing quite heavily. Looking at the radar there is quite a line of showers coming up from the SSW. Starting to lie on the hard surfaces that had melted in the sun.

Still loads of snow in the shade and on the soft surfaces, and the temp has dropped quite quickly in the last hour.

I feel the luckiest big kid ever :D

Posted

It has been snowing heavy on and off in Tidworth Salisbury plains all afternoon about another 1 foot of snow!

Posted
There's a stream of very heavy showers feeding up through Lyme bay, brushing Torbay, & heading towards the east devon/dorset coast, probably from sidmouth to bridport...Gfs is showing them as snow...Can any member in those areas confirm?

Any chance you could put TA19 in to see our relation t the showers? :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

we have a mix of soft hail, sleet,snow and rain but not very heavy

Posted
lots of straw clutching here!!

Wait for radar on thursday into friday, then we will see!!!

Could get a Bristol Streamer tonight :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
Also the meto tends to overplay events, prime example last night snow event for yorkshire, "take action" warning not necessary, although LEEDS AND BRAFORD Airport had 28cm of snow on the runway!

point taken but the potential is there marginal or not :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just had another heavy fall of snow here from what looks like the edge of that stream of showers.

Dry and sunny here, with a slow and steady thaw.

One thing is getting me, the Meto site is warning of ice for tonight, and considering the slush/ice/snow we have that there is a real possibility but the are going for a minimum of 2c, , with the snow cover despite the southerly breeze i would imagine temps much lower than that.

A real chance of another good event for Thursday.

Posted

Some of the southern facing (ie got the sun) hills are showing a thaw here, but can't say ive seen any melting going on here, or indeed on the road outside (which never gets the sun at this time of year)

North Devon certainly got a good pasting last night, but so did much of the county I think, all in all not bad, reminds me of what it was like a few years back!

Hopefully get some more on Thursday, but thats going to remain marginal for here I think for the time being, hopefully the elevation will come into play!

Posted
We had quite a heavy sleety shower 25 mins ago here in poole and there is now lots of slush on the roads etc

Hi Snowdog

Nice to see a neighbour on here. This weather has been so unusual for us over this last few days. We seem to have had a bit more snow than further down into Poole I think. I ventured to Tesco Fleetsbridge earlier this morning and there wasn't as much down there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

That stream of showers coming NNE is just missing me but it must be giving a good covering to everyone in the Ilminster area and between here and Bristol.

Bristol could benefit from this, and the mendips must be getting another good pasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I have a feeling im going slap down the middle of those two heavy areas of snow showers ahhhhh. please nudge east or west and il get one side of um.

Posted

I just looked at the radar and thought 'What? that can't be right!'. Then I looked out the window and saw it was. Heavy snow and settling!

Posted

Temp 2C

DP 0C

Marginal, unless the ppn can drag down the colder air. Plus temps should drop as night sets in.

Minus 5 850 line set to pass over Bristol at around 21:00 according to 12z GFS, (with milder 850s from the south) so not looking great from that point of view, but who know??!!

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Just been looking to the South of me and there is another clump of what appears to be convection. Oh errrrr.... still getting sleet then snow then hail periodically.

I'm thinking the kids will be back to school tomorrow which is a good job as I need to go to work.

I so love this kind of weather but I am getting a bit jittery about Friday night and Saturday as I'm driving up to Warminster on Friday at about 4.30pm, staying overnight and then driving back at about lunch time on Saturday. It's not something I can easily cancel either as myself and friends have paid to stay in a hotel overnight and we've paid for our tickets for a curry night out in Sutton Veny on Friday night. I've got a 4x4 but I just HATE driving in snow. I'm just a tad nervous.

Posted

Sunshine here... well, would be if it hadn't gone down behind the hill, but the temp (which climbed to a tropical 0.4C) has now dipped back to just below freezing, so I predict that my car will still be stuck in the morning :-\ Especially with any melt on the road. Gonna go stir crazy soon! :whistling: